July 2015 Moms
Options

Passed out at Target...

I almost passed out today at Target. I felt light headed and dizzy when I tried to walk to the bathroom I fell down, got back up then fell down again. Luckily, some kind people stopped to help me and got the staff from the clinic. They were so sweet the checked my blood pressure which was low and got me water and crackers when it came up high enough for me to eat and drink. They also helped take care of my four year old son during the whole thing. My husband came to get us and I called the doctor who reminded me that I need to eat and stay hydrated. Also if you live in a cold climate take off your jacket when you go inside to shop for a while.
Please learn from my stupidity and take care of yourselves better than I did earlier today. Thank God for the kindness of strangers and the help of the people at the clinic.

Re: Passed out at Target...

• Options
    How scary! I'm glad that you are okay and that so many people were there to help you out!
  • Options
    Glad you are ok!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad you're ok!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    Glad you are ok and there were people around to help you out. I've been noticing that when I wear my coat while shopping I've been getting dizzy spells because of the store being overheated I'll definitely start taking my jacket off.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Scary! Glad that they were so good about helping you.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Glad it turned out ok and people came to your help! 
    I get the same way when I'm PG. We had a contractor at our house last week and I was embarrassed to have to excuse myself mid-convo to go eat/drink/sit when he didn't know why...but I would have passed out right there if I hadn't! 
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    Oh my! Thank goodness you are ok.
  • Options
    I carry a bottle of water with me. We live in Hawaii so overheating is a concern
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    Glad you are okay!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Scary! Glad you were somewhere that there were people to help, and that you are okay!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes! I'm glad you're okay. I also almost passed out the other day while making fruit salad! I hadn't had any water yet that morning, so now I'm making sure I chug a lot throughout the day!
     TTC #1 since January 2014
    BFP #1 03/16/14 EDD 11/28/14 :: MMC Monochorionic Twins 05/09/14 @ 11 weeks
    BFP #2 09/15/14 EDD 05/29/14 :: CP 09/22/14
    BFP #3 10/24/14 :: EDD 06/29/15 *Praying for my RAINBOW!!*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How scary! Glad you're okay!
  • Options
    I'm glad you're ok. It's reassuring when there are kind ppl around to help.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Glad everything is alright. I too have been getting dizzy when I go shopping so I started packing snacks and a water bottle in my purse. I just feel weird eating in the grocery store though, I am paranoid that someone is going to think I stole something off the shelf & started munching! Haha
  • Options
    I too have noticed twice while shopping that I was becoming overheated. It also led to terrible headaches and nausea that evening. A good reminder to take my coat off at the mall! @CouEddy‌ I'm glad everything is ok!!
  • Options
    Scary! So glad you're ok and that strangers stepped up to help out!
    And good reminder for everyone to remember simple things like that, which we tend to easily forget sometimes!
  • Options
    That's scary, glad you are ok! Yes we all need to take good care of ourselves right now!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    very scary!  so happy you're ok.  I keep water bottles with me everywhere and I always have a pack of nuts or granola bar.  plus ginger candies...im a pregnant bag lady.  But you can never be too prepared and even when you are sometimes the hormones just make us feel so weird.  take it easy.  happy new year
  • Options
    What a scary spell. Glad you're okay. And good tip about taking layers off.
  • Options
    How sweet that they helped you! I'm glad you're okay!

Me: 24; DH: 28 - Married 09.20.2012
    Blended Family since 2012. <3
    Surprise of a Lifetime - Baby Butler EDD 07.07.2015
    SD is 4. Super excited and wants a Baby Sister!
    Daddy is excited but hoping and wishing for a Baby Boy! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you were ok, makes it even scarier with your 4 year old there. I passed out with my first at a gas station (real classy) - they made me go to the hospital because I had bit through my lip, even though it was just from the fall, biting your lip is a sign of a seizure so they wanted to check me out. I had the same advice, never leave the house without eating.
  • Options
    Wow. That is really scary.

Just today I had a close call myself. I had a croissant craving and the wouldn't answer and when I got there it was closed. I walked next door for Chinese take-out and could not even stand to order my dinner.

I'm only 11w + some days but it seems like the only time I can eat is when I have a craving. Really frustrating. I end up feeling nauseous, low bp, break out a sweat, and almost lose it. But good thing I ate some Chinese in the car shamelessly :smile:
  • Options
    Glad your ok and that you were helped by kind strangers!
  • Options
    I'm glad you're okay!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you're okay and I wanted to let you know that your post totally saved me from passing out in the airport last night. I hadn't eaten anything in hours and was wearing my coat and powerwalking around when I started to feel funny. I thought about you and was like OMG I'M DOING THE SAME THING so I sat down and chilled. Felt much much better. Thank you for the warning!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've been feeling the same way. I called my Dr. And they recommended i eat higher protein and higher fat snacks. Goodness it's been helping so much. I have not felt dizzy, weak, lightheaded, or shaky since I've started incorporating higher substance snacks. Cream cheese and bages and cheese sticks have been my favorite :) i hope you all have a wonderful new year
  • Options
    So glad you are alright!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"