Cloth Diapering
Options

Craft Fun

2»

Re: Craft Fun

• Options

I really want to make felt food and a play kitchen for M. I love the play kitchens you can make from old TV cabinets. It feels ambitious, but she's only 8 months, so I've got time. Also, I got inspired today and made a tshirt bag! I hemmed the bottom to give me practice with my sewing machine and so it wouldn't have a little hole in the bottom like the no-sew version. It was satisfying to do a project that took less than an hour to the finished product.

I made two of these on Sunday! It was very satisfying.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Options

So we have some felt food, and while it's adorable, am I the only one where my kids play with it and then it's disgusting? We need the plastic food in our play kitchen for the sake of sanitation.

I have that too. I'll see how this stuff holds up. Then I'll ask for more.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Late to the party here...I learned to knit a few years ago, but it hurt my wrists a lot. So I went the cheater method and used the round looms instead. I made a bunch of beanies and regular & infinity scarves. I was then going to make a tote bag using yarn and fishing wire (for strength) but got pregnant and spent all my free time researching baby stuff ;) A lady I knew made blankets using the rectangular looms.

ETA I got mine at Michael's but have seen them at the thrift store. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003IH8A5E/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/175-3116322-3358054
  • Options
    Late to the party here...I learned to knit a few years ago, but it hurt my wrists a lot. 
    That's why I suggest trying it different ways. Initially I learned to knit English and that hurt my wrists so I taught myself Continental. What was a bit better but still awkward. I just kept on lurking through knitting forums and videos for tips and techniques, and eventually figured out what worked for me. 

Nothing wrong with using a loom, though. That's another skill set entirely.
  • Options
    @freezorburn‌, I didn't know about different sryles so I'll have to research which one I learned and try the other!

Happy New Year, CD board!
  • Options
    So we have some felt food, and while it's adorable, am I the only one where my kids play with it and then it's disgusting? We need the plastic food in our play kitchen for the sake of sanitation.
    Do they have snacks while they play? Or why is it gross?

Because numerous boys can make anything gross? At least my 2 do...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"