Cloth Diapering

~~~New Year's UOs~~~

Can we do them early?  There probably won't be much bumping tomorrow.  

Re: ~~~New Year's UOs~~~

• I like cuckoo clocks.
    You might receive one soon!!
    It would go really well with my chalet motif.  
  • Loading the player...
  • There are/have been some kids shows on that are/were definitely more annoying than Barney - Teletubbies for one. However, I think Barney has one of the most annoying theme songs ever.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I never understood the desire to stay up and ring in the new year. I would if there was a party involved, but otherwise, I'd rather be sleeping than practicing my counting skills with Bob whatshisface.
    I don't understand going out to a bar on NYE.  There are a crazy amount of people out, I don't even want to think about how many drunk drivers there are on the road, and I'm not that in to drinking with a bunch of strangers (which usually leads to something dumb happening).
  • I don't think Barney is any more annoying than other children's shows.

Then you are not selective enough about your children's shows.
    Barney should die a firey death.
    Lol. Which ones do you recommend? For real. I'm in the market.
  • Yes @sarenu1, I despise bars on NYE. I'd rather stay home alone.
  • Stoney, I'm pretty okay to let N watch Blue's Clues, Shawn the Sheep, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Mr. Rogers. He's obsessed with Busy Town, but it is garishly bright and a tad annoying. Calliou is a scary, evil spawn of the dark one. Barney is tolerable, only just.

• There are/have been some kids shows on that are/were definitely more annoying than Barney - Teletubbies for one. However, I think Barney has one of the most annoying theme songs ever.
    I used to feel this way about Barney. And then 9/11 happened, and my brother's friend was killed along with her husband and their little girl. Apparently Barney was her favorite, so the grandparents had everyone sing the theme song at the memorial service. So, now I want to cry when I hear the theme song. But it doesn't annoy me anymore.

That said, I don't mind that Barney doesn't get much play here in the UK.

DS loves Peppa Pig, Octonauts and Clifford. I'm trying to turn him on to classic Mr. Rogers episodes (I bought a couple DVD sets for Christmas), but he seems to be more enthralled by Thomas the Tank Engine right now.
  • I don't think Barney is any more annoying than other children's shows.
    Then you are not selective enough about your children's shows. Barney should die a firey death.
    Lol. Which ones do you recommend? For real. I'm in the market.

I really try not to let V watch much. If I turn something on for him though, I go with super simple songs on YouTube. I don't find it nearly as annoying as other options.

• DS loves Peppa Pig, Octonauts and Clifford. I'm trying to turn him on to classic Mr. Rogers episodes (I bought a couple DVD sets for Christmas), but he seems to be more enthralled by Thomas the Tank Engine right now.
    I hate Peppa Pig.  She is SO mean!  A total spoiled brat, and a bully.  She torments her brother George, constantly insults her parents and others.  She is NOT a role model for good behavior in my opinion.
    Also, her parents are horrible parents.  They never seem to correct her at all.
    Just once...I'd like to see an episode where Peppa gets spanked, or a time out, or shouted at.

We like "Postman Pat" (the older shows, not SDS), "Raa Raa the Noisy Lion", and "Something Special".  Though honestly, "Something Special" gets annoying after a bit.  Also, I'm afraid of clowns, so that show doesn't really appeal to me.

UO = New Years Eve just hasn't been the same since Dick Clark passed away.  All the new hosts kinda suck.
  • I would LOVE to see that.
    (Though it does conjure up images of Peppa hog-tied with an apple ball gag in her mouth.)

• DS loves Peppa Pig, Octonauts and Clifford. I'm trying to turn him on to classic Mr. Rogers episodes (I bought a couple DVD sets for Christmas), but he seems to be more enthralled by Thomas the Tank Engine right now.
    I hate Peppa Pig.  She is SO mean!  A total spoiled brat, and a bully.  She torments her brother George, constantly insults her parents and others.  She is NOT a role model for good behavior in my opinion.
    Just once...I'd like to see an episode where Peppa gets spanked, or a time out, or shouted at.
    Thank goodness I'm teaching DS that cartoon characters should not serve as role models. 

Yes, Peppa is not perfect. I actually find that refreshing. I think a lot of her behaviors and emotions are things that a lot of kids experience at one time or another, and honestly I think a lot of them stem from insecurity. And I think the main takeaway is that it's just as okay for a girl to play princess as it is for her to jump in muddy puddles. And that one needs to learn to be comfortable in their own skin.
  • I hate how the new year brings a ton of Facebook posts about which fad diet everyone is picking. At least most of the update posts only last about a week. ;)

I am happy to see posts about healthy weight loss, for the record.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I have nothing against their use, but I think pacifiers look hideous in the mouth of babies (of any age).

Agreed. I would always take Logan's pacifier out of his mouth when I was introducing him to someone or if I was taking a picture of him. I would rather see a baby smile.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Wild Kratts and Magic School Bus are the two I mind least. I also don't totally hate Jake and the Neverland Pirates and SuperWhy isn't too bad. My kids also enjoy Americas Funniest Home Videos which is ok with me. I mean, who doesn't love a good crotch shot?
    I actually hate watching this show.  All I can ever think is "put the camera down and go HELP them!" 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have nothing against their use, but I think pacifiers look hideous in the mouth of babies (of any age).

Right? I just saw my niece without a pacifier in her mouth for the first time on Christmas (she is 1 1/2). She looked like a completely different kid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kelly11235Kelly11235 member
    edited January 2015

DS loves Peppa Pig, Octonauts and Clifford. I'm trying to turn him on to classic Mr. Rogers episodes (I bought a couple DVD sets for Christmas), but he seems to be more enthralled by Thomas the Tank Engine right now.
    Thank goodness I'm teaching DS that cartoon characters should not serve as role models. 

Ah...see....I'm letting the tv and computer raise our LO for us.
    On the rare occasions we watch Peppa, I explain why her behavior is inappropriate.  But as our child is about 17 months, I'm not sure he's got the logic circuits for that yet.
    But if my son wants to dress like a pretty princess and jump in mud puddles, we're ok with that.  Just so long as he takes his shoes off before he comes back indoors.
  • You can't add a pic in an edit?
    ah crap this was going to be my UO...but the opposite...sort of. I think pacifiers look bad too, but Harper is so addicted to hers. Colton wasn't a lover of the paci, so I have no idea what to do about it. My UO is that I don't understand why LCs get  SO UPSET about pacifier use and nipple confusion. All three of my kids have taken a paci and never had any sort of nipple confusion. When I was in the hospital with Henry, my mom brought a gift. While I was unwrapping it, the LC came in. She saw that there was a 2-pack of pacis and she was so horrified and basically scolded me on their use. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think paci's can sometimes cause a baby to develop a poor latch, but it's nothing that you should have been scolded over, especially since this isn't your first rodeo.

• My UO, working more than 40 hours a week is lame, answering work emails, texts and phone calls past 8 pm is extra lame and also makes other people do it too. Quit working already!
    Seriously. I kinda wish some parents would just read the email DH sent, or read the handout he sent home, or just read the information on the website that was posted. He spends too much time answering emails. Most of them asking questions for information he has already given out. The best is when said parent replies to an email asking a question that was already addressed in the original. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"