Parenting
Options

NYE UO?

Re: NYE UO?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Another thing to get used to is driving through like 10 cities in a matter of 20 minutes to get to work....or even a store...or place to eat.

I was saying so many "WTFs" when I first moved here.

Oh SoCal.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    zolten said:
    Arizona also has a pledge to its flag. I cant tell you what it is anymore, but I remember having to say it, the pledge to the Christian flag, and the Pledge of Allegiance in elementary school.

Southern Arizonans dont have accents. However, living in a military town, everyone else does! You can generally pick the locals out by accent alone.

I love baths and hate showers. I take daily baths.
    Where in AZ are you???? I grew up in Tucson, I don't remember a flag pledge

image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ColeRose said:

ColeRose said:

I just assume people think areas are like they are portrayed in pop culture, people always think the entire state of CT is just like Greenwich, CT and everyone is rich with mansions. It isn't like that all. 

That's not what Hilarity said.

Is she spreading lies???????

Okay well 860 Connecticut is not the same as 203 Connecticut.  Where I grew up is very much like Greenwich (hello Gold Coast).  The main downfall of the 203 is Bridgeport.  We don't talk about Bridgeport.  

I'm slummin' it in the 860...holla. I mean we have Avon, Glastonbury, and Farmington (hello 50 cent) I guess. But we also have Hartford.

Don't forget the 203 has New Haven too.

Im reppin the 860 too! Not that my town is something to be bragging about..
  • Options
    We plan in doing sushi, sake, and (hopefully) listening to vinyl if we can find a turntable today.
    Just chillin. And will put the kids to bed at the normal time.
  • Options
    I think they do "The 5" thing because there are so many freeways that they're pretty much treated like normal regular streets ...so it's like...there's no reason to differentiate by calling it a "freeway" or "interstate" ? I dont know.

image  image
  • Options

nonniedee said:
    I'm from the north country, so we have very different accents.
    And I'm (originally) from the Capital Region, so I have yet another different NY accent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DC2London said:
    unheardof said:
    Both the kids have been napping for 2 hours.  I'm actually excited for DD to stay up sort of late and do the ball drop on netflix with her.
    Wait is there an early ball drop on Netflix?  Is this a thing?!
    yes netflix is set up to run a fake NYE for the kiddos!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    pobrecita said:
    If someone is going off the rails and cursing at someone, insulting their parenting and their child, they should be banned immediately. Immediately. It's not like all banning last forever. Ban them for 24 hrs or something.
    YEP

image  image
  • Options
    I'm glad we didnt even do a Christmas tree at all this year.... I mean.. not GLAD glad, because I would love to enjoy one but...

The way I'm feeling right now around the time I'd be needing to put all the stuff away..... yeah.... that tree would probably be up until my birthday or something.

Which is at the end of May.

image  image
  • Options
    pobrecita said:
    I'm glad we didnt even do a Christmas tree at all this year.... I mean.. not GLAD glad, because I would love to enjoy one but...

The way I'm feeling right now around the time I'd be needing to put all the stuff away..... yeah.... that tree would probably be up until my birthday or something.

Which is at the end of May.
    Ohhh when? Mine is the 24th.
    30th! Fellow Gemini that doesn't strike me as a Gemini at all lol

image  image
  • Options
    My community garden has people drop off their trees and we turn them into woodchips, but it's sad when there is a graveyard of like 20 trees just sitting there.
  • Options
    i am sinking in the spiral of finding all the damn samples of chocolate for a Friday shipment and all i can think about is I wanna drink tonight. drink drank drunk

Oh wait SO is sick so I cannot be hungover mom tomorrow.

drink drank drunk and do it early so I am bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    mcbenny said:

My MIL keeps asking me how long I leave my tree up for?

Bitch you didn't put anything up, no one is asking you to take anything down. Why the fuck are you worried about it? Why motherfucker?

Some people have weirdly intense feels about when a Christmas tree should come down. I remember we almost had a rumble in our BMB over this because leaving it up past X date was WRONG!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are TJs in Maryland!!

I always hated that I was from Maryland because it seems like such a boring state. When I was little I thought that most people didn't even know it existed. Lol.

And now I'm stuck here, probably for life.

• Options
    I can't stay awake. Literally, falling asleep while DS just rambles nonstop to me about god knows what. Is 5:00 pm too early to go to bed on NYE?

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options

NoVA > MD

You guys don't haveb TJs!

<----- Lives on NoVA. Closest TJs is 40 minutes away. :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I lived in 860 when I got my cell phone so I still have that number even though I'm a masshole now. I'm also drinking a mimosa.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    NoVA > MD You guys don't haveb TJs!
    We have TJs, but no booze there :(
    That's right! That's the reason I will never move to MD. No booze in the grocery stores
    My grocery store has wine and beer.

• Options

NoVA > MD

They do. Just no wine.

I've lived in both for a number of years each. I know from which I speak.
  • Options
    Bummed I missed all of the accent talk. I had a lot to say aboat that including a funny that occurred in a London library with a sour Henry Higgens wanna be mistaking is for American. Yes, to clarify it sounds like 'aboat' not 'aboot'. South Park and the rest of them be damned. P.S. It's a well known fact that it is bad luck to leave a Christmas tree up past midnight New Year's Eve. FACT.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    Also: up yers Bump mobile who formats posts like that. Up yers.
  • Options
    OMG YOU GUYS!  Maryland isn't THAT bad!  And not all the liquor stores are shady!  

There is a drive through liquor store near me.  Not shady at all.  lol.  It kind of is.  But there are some nice ones, too!  And they aren't all in scary neighborhoods!

• Options
    DC2London said:

NoVA > MD

<----- Lives on NoVA. Closest TJs is 40 minutes away. :(

Dafuq do you live in NoVA that you can't get to a TJ's faster than that?
    Are you in Loudon County or something?

I'm in Eastern PWC and closest TJs is Fairfax. So, traffic.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DC2London said:

kirotea said:

jsgrl613 said:

NoVA > MD

That's right! That's the reason I will never move to MD. No booze in the grocery stores

Same. It's glorious.

How do your grocery stores sell wine and beer?  I thought they weren't allowed to at all in MD? Does it go by county, maybe?

Is it a specialty shop that operates separately from the grocery store? That's how the Wegman's was when we went to Hershey.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And now Richard Gilmore is gone. Time for 2014 to be over. :(
  • Options
    Fuck off mobile formatting.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DC2London said:
    kirotea said:
    jsgrl613 said:
    NoVA > MD You guys don't haveb TJs!
    Same. It's glorious.
    How do your grocery stores sell wine and beer?  I thought they weren't allowed to at all in MD? Does it go by county, maybe?
    I don't really know, to be honest. I don't recall another grocery store that I've been in in MD that sells beer and wine, except for this one.

• Options
    I joke about my MD hate. Though you can't pry me out of my section of NoVA.

Also, I can walk to my TJs. BAM!
  • Options
    I'm in FL. Walgreens, Publix, Winn Dixie, and sometimes Wal Mart often have attached liquor stores with separate entrances. As a kid I remember the liquor store having a drive thru. Do they still do that anywhere?
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    The Whole Foods here has a wine bar in it which I always thought was weird and awesome. The wine bar also serves gelato. Win!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    ^^^ move to Ontario

It is government only.

• Options
    On the upside........exercise!

Be happy.
  • Options
    I want some Jungle Juice.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I never imagined I would miss drinking so much. ::sigh::

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't hate MD, I just like VA better. Plus as a kid/young adult DC and MD natives always called people from VA bamas so :P

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"