Detroit Babies
Options

Need some encouragement re "morning" sickness...

Hi Detroit ladies.  Can anyone offer an encouraging word re morning sickness?  For me, it's every waking moment, feeling super nauseated, occasionally throwing up and more often dry heaving.  I've tried everything except the various medications; when I see my obgyn next week I'll ask her about those.

I feel like I'm in a thick fog; I know this typically winds down as you get toward week 12-14...right now I'm week 7 and seriously not sure how I will make it.  This is my first pregnancy and my hubbie and I are very happy; but I'm so sick I can't think about much else and I'm struggling.  

Any kind words from a momma who made it to the other side? 

Thank you!

Re: Need some encouragement re "morning" sickness...

• Options
    I had it pretty bad. Diclegis helped me a TON be sure to ask your doc about it. I lost a bunch of weight my first trimester because I couldn't eat anything. At 32w I can tell you I made up for not eating! lol For me the meds helped except symptoms would come back with a vengeance if I stopped taking them...about 16w I could stop with no symptoms. Good luck mama! 
  • Options
    I have tried powdered ginger and it works well for me. Its god-awful nasty but I mix a 1/4 of a teaspoon in tea and drink it all. Takes the edge off so I can at least eat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got married when I was 5 weeks pregnant and was SO sick on my Hawaiian honeymoon. All I ate was goldfish crackers and pb&j. I ended up getting sea bands, which helped alot as long as they were in the right spot on my wrists. Zofran also helped me alot but made me very constipated so watch out for that. I was sick every day until 25 weeks. Good luck! It'll all be worth it when you see your beautiful baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"