Minnesota Babies
Options

Best Neighborhoods in or Near Minneapolis?

We are thinking about moving to a house with a few more bedrooms than what we have now. We live in south Minneapolis with our 12 month old. I love the city and I love Bungalows but will consider a newer house if it met some our other criteria. If it were up to me we'd stay in the city, but my DH wants to consider the suburbs as well since you get more bang for your buck. What are your favorite neighborhoods for families that are safe, diverse, good schools (or good charter options nearby) with modest size housing options (no more than 2,200SF)? Any gems tucked away somewhere in Minneapolis, Richfield or Bloomington that you like?

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!

Re: Best Neighborhoods in or Near Minneapolis?

• Options
    highland park/mac grove in saint paul are great for families
  • Options
    We live in falcon heights- I love it; technically a suburb but has a city feel to it. Closer to St. Paul though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Golden Valley is nice and there are lots of modest homes for sale over near 169, and there are parts of Edina that aren't too pretentious.  Also Minnetonka/Hopkins area is nice.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Options
    I also heard Golden Valley is a good area. I live in Little Canada. I love it here as it is close to St Paul, calm, quite, and safe, but based on your post, I dont think that is what you are looking for. I have lived on highland park for 2 years too as I went to St Kate, but things there were very expensive to me...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"