Cloth Diapering

Budgeting applications

Does anyone use an application to help with budgeting?

I just don't have time to keep track of everything.  Even better if I can access it on my phone.

Re: Budgeting applications

• Two of my friends swear by "You Need A Budget".
    I've never used it, but they love it.
  • We use Money Dance and love it. It does not have a phone app, but I think that is an advantage since you have to sit down and go through your transactions to enter them, it makes you more accountable. Great reporting and budgeting functions with running totals for your monthly expenses versus income.

One licence can be used on multiple computers for a family, so we keep the file in a shared network folder so both my husband and I can keep track of everything together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • I also like Mint.

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • We put income and expenses into quicken. It gives you pie charts, bar graphs, and other fancy things. You can import credit cards, bank accounts, and most things if there are online accounts available. DH does get pretty mad at it too though.
  • We put income and expenses into quicken. It gives you pie charts, bar graphs, and other fancy things. You can import credit cards, bank accounts, and most things if there are online accounts available. DH does get pretty mad at it too though.

I used Quicken for a year back in like 2006. I really liked it. It syncs with Tax Cut for taxes too!! It did annoy me sometimes too though.

image imageimageimage

• We used mint when we were saving up to buy a house and living on a pretty tight budget. I don't know if it has an app, but the goals were helpful and all the various charts and reports, and it's free!

• I'm pretty deep into Quicken. I've been using it for about 10 years, so I've got a lot of history all in one place. I also use Turbo Tax for taxes and it imports from Quicken nicely. I have toyed with the idea of switching to Mint, but I use the small business version and use it to make my invoices. I like tracking all the business stuff in the same place, and having that, and all my business expenses, import into Turbo Tax. But the budgeting stuff in Quicken is fussy. I've never gotten farther than just playing with it a little. That could be a shortcoming of the software, or a shortcoming in my ability to face the reality of our budget. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our household likes Mint. I set everything up on the website and DH uses the app.

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• violajack said:
    I'm pretty deep into Quicken. I've been using it for about 10 years, so I've got a lot of history all in one place. I also use Turbo Tax for taxes and it imports from Quicken nicely. I have toyed with the idea of switching to Mint, but I use the small business version and use it to make my invoices. I like tracking all the business stuff in the same place, and having that, and all my business expenses, import into Turbo Tax. But the budgeting stuff in Quicken is fussy. I've never gotten farther than just playing with it a little. That could be a shortcoming of the software, or a shortcoming in my ability to face the reality of our budget. 

Oh yea, I should probably mention that we have a small business too. So well track all odd our expenses with it, and then we can impetus our business expenses into turbo tax. And now we're landlords too, so we can track and import tower expenses too.
  • I use good old fashioned excel. It works for us
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This thread prompted me to discuss budgeting with DH. Apparently our credit union offers something like Mint for free, so we're going to try that. I have used Excel off and on for years, but that takes a lot of time b/c my spreadsheet skills are super rusty at this point.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"