August 2014 Moms
Options

Falling asleep in the recliner

How do you stay awake during multiple MOTN feedings/rocking to sleep? Any tips? I have fallen asleep and woken up an hour later with DS also snoozing in my arms the last few nights. I really try not to but it happens so fast it's hard to stop it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Falling asleep in the recliner

• Options
    Um that happens to me ALOT more than it probably shld it's so hard...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, I guess I need to do a game or something on my phone where I really need to focus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After a scary falling asleep incident when DS was 5 days old, I always nurse on the living room couch MOTN. I'm watching Friends start to finish in order. It's just enough to keep my brain engaged, but not so much stimulation that I can't fall right back asleep after, since I've seen it before. Highly recommend something similar!

image    image
  • Options
    We just moved her to the crib, so I have to get out of bed now to get her and I just sit on the living room couch. But she's a fast eater, so we're only awake twice for 10 min each. I would occasionally fall asleep holding her while nursing in bed when she was in the RnP in our room.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    Kandreas1 said:
    I forgot to add my favorite thing to do ....Google infant sleep.
    Me too - talk about an overwhelming MOTN activity!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    I fall asleep pretty much every night lately. I got a nursing nightlight with a vibrating timer. Maybe I will remember to use it tonight. I slept with dd1 in the rocker all the time and never thought about it being dangerous. Have been trying not to with Ds but it is so hard!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I fall asleep all the time while nursing in bed. Its just a doze though and I always wake up after a few minutes so it doesn't worry me. If yours is a deep sleep though I recommend phone or tv
  • Options
    I always nurse sidelying in bed where falling asleep is safe for both of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"