3rd Trimester

BH contractions get stronger when I am more active?

I am 34 w and 3 d and the past few days my BH contractions seem to come more intensly when I am more active. I still get them when I am still but is this normal? Also they almost always take my breath away or make it harder to take deep breaths. I assume this is also normal? This is my second baby but I don't remember much from the first pregnancy.

Re: BH contractions get stronger when I am more active?

• That has always been the case for me too, my OB said it was common. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Very common. At least for me. I get them mainly when sitting. But if I am grocery shopping I also get them. I have to pause and wait for it to be over. I am looking forward to my appt Friday to see if I have dilated anymore. Only at one 2 wks ago. (I will be 38 weeks Friday ).
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Also...this is my 4th pregnancy and the first time I have ever experienced BH. They've been coming since 20 weeks and only gotten stronger.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Thanks all! I was just curious since it seems that everything I've read says that bh contractions usually stop when you get up and move around but true contractions don't. I haven't asked my doc, I'm not overly concerned about it was just curious if it was a common trend! I've had a ton tonight so if it keeps up I will call the dr tomorrow.
  • I just had my midwife over today to check on me because I have been having the same problem. She said it's just body getting ready for labor. She said after the first pregnancy the uterus has to work harder to get baby pushed down and in the right position so BH can seem more intense then with the first go around. Made sense to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told by Ob and ER to slow BH; lay on my side, drink lots of water, and relax. Sitting on my exercise ball helps sometimes too.
    Anniversary 

• Thanks all! I was just curious since it seems that everything I've read says that bh contractions usually stop when you get up and move around but true contractions don't. I haven't asked my doc, I'm not overly concerned about it was just curious if it was a common trend! I've had a ton tonight so if it keeps up I will call the dr tomorrow.

No..... BH stop when you rest/hydrate etc. Real contractions don't. That's one way to tell them apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"