Single Parents
Options

dating advice pleeeease?

I was here under another name....trying to remember but can't.  Oh well.  I'm formerly known as BB....and I think LovelyRita?

Anyway, so I met a boy.  I think it must have been three mos ago that I was really just having a total effing meltdown over the ex and his new chick.  Whom I'm pretty sure there was an affair with.....since I was getting the CC bills showing purchases out at bars I know he wasn't with me at......at times he was supposedly at "physical therapy".  Who knows, maybe it wasn't even her.  In any case, yeah, it as a mess.  But now it's been eight months since he moved out.  I started seriously thinking about dating after The Meltdown subsided.  I've had several dates, mostly bad really.  Actually, one was great but the sex was AWFUL.  

I actually met this guy when I was newly single.  Online. And in no shape to be dating, really.  But he deleted his profile.  I was bummed out.  Then mos later he gets back on and messages me and we've been talking like three mos now (five if you count before he deleted, I guess).  At first, we mutually agreed we were just going to have fun together.  And we have been.  But now.....I really think I like him.  A lot.  I think he likes me too because he texts me every night and is constantly sweet to me, telling me all these amazing things he likes about me.  He's tried, a couple of times, to get me to admit what I want out of this but I've yet to admit anything.  Mainly because the D is not final.  And this is all happening kinda fast!  I don't know enough about him!  

What I do know:  OMG, he's hot.  Like underwear model hot.  I wouldn't think this guy would look at me twice.  I want to take naked photos of him and show SOMEONE how hot he is.  Anyone, I don't care.  He's amazing in bed.  And he's kinda got his shit together.  Out of the AF, finishing college, etc.  He knows about my daughter and her autism.  It hasn't put him off yet (although he hasn't met her either).  The other catch.....

He's younger.  Eight years younger.  24.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I have no idea what to expect at all.  As far as obstacles this could create.  For the record, this guy is likable enough I'm open to more children if it became long term.  I wasn't before.  Not saying I would just to have the relationship....but I think I was closing that off before because my marriage wasn't good.

Thoughts, advice, etc appreciated.

Re: dating advice pleeeease?

• Options
    I think you are handling things well. My advice would be to keep taking things slow and see where they go.

It sounds like you are enjoying things with this guys and thats awesome! Enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the honeymoon phase of dating
  • Options
    I'm just so nervous about all of it.  You don't think the age difference is a thing?  I never imagined I'd date someone younger at all.  I usually get along well with older men.  

I do like being with him.  He is so cute and telling me I'm a great mom and amazing in bed and such a nice guy.  Yep, I'm a little buzzed talking about him......I like him lol.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol i dont put a whole lot of stock in age as long as both parties are consenting adults. To me at that point age is just a number.

If you to are happy together be happy. Because life is to short not to be happy
  • Options
    Are you sure?!  Bc I get flamed elsewhere bc eight months is not long enough.

I mean, I feel done.
  • Options
    Im sure. Yes eight months isnt a long time. But not everyone needs a lonh time.

It sounds like you two have great chemistry and that you are happy together. So if he makes you happy and you make him happy thats a good thing.
  • Options
    @Becwheat you know i love and respect you like crazy. But what you said has opened my eyes to something. I shouldnt be giving dating advice right now as i flash between being incredibly jaded and wanting everyone to be happy.

Also it appeara you know op a little better then i do.
  • Options
    becwheat said:

@Becwheat you know i love and respect you like crazy. But what you said has opened my eyes to something. I shouldnt be giving dating advice right now as i flash between being incredibly jaded and wanting everyone to be happy.

Also it appeara you know op a little better then i do.

I am good at recognizing manic rants vs a vent. PLUS, I am privy to the mod info and I thought I recognized the previous SN she mentioned from my time on Parenting. No worries.

You were being nice and that is not a bad thing!

Thank you, but i still think im going to avoid giving relationship advice for now until im in a more balanced emotional state.

But what happened that op got banned? Did something happen on another board last night?
  • Options
    I read the post. Holy cow what a shit show. I think the mods made the right call. No one should be attacked like that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"