North Florida Babies
Options

Where to live near Eglin?

Looks like we will be moving to the Eglin area. Anyone have any suggestions on the best area to live in for a SAHM that wants to have plenty of close activities (library, parks, etc.) but isn't a bad drive for DH to the base?

Re: Where to live near Eglin?

• Options
    I'm not sure about activities since we finally decided on Destin, but we looked at some nice places around Mooney Rd
  • Options
    We live in Crestview. It's about 20 to 30 minutes from Eglin. My husband is stationed there too. Think suburban lol. It's small town with a lot of people. The housing is nice and the most affordable in the area, mostly relatively newer. We have a mom n to group you should join ! Also the military spouse page is a great resource. Just do a Facebook search for them! Hope that helps.

Fort Walton Beach is a nice place too, but we decided to buy and Crestview is more affordable
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Niceville is beautiful! There is so much to do. 
  • Options
    I live in Niceville. If you can find a suitable, affordable home it is absolutely the best place in the area to live for families. All the schools are excellent, we have Publix and Walmart right here in town and not too far to drive over the bridge to Destin to more fun shopping and entertainment areas. Also about as close to the base as you can be without living on base. However it tends to be more expensive than Crestview and housing is nearly always in short supply. If you want a nicer, larger, newer home for less Crestview is the place to go.
  • Options
    We live in Gulf Breeze/Navarre area. It is only 45 minutes from Eglin. Lots of our neighbors commute to Eglin or Hurlburt.