Nurseries and Baby Gear

Uppa Baby Cruz

I like that the seat reverses on the Cruz and it is so light!  My only concern is the wheels since some of where we walk has gravel and dirt paths. In store I was told the wheels on the Cruz might not be good. I get that its NOT ALL Terrain but can anybody let me know if the Cruz would be good on gravel and dirt paths? I'm not sure I can wait for the 2015 model. I am due in March. 
Thanks. 

Re: Uppa Baby Cruz

• I don't have this one, but my neighbor does, and he has found that while it's great on sidewalks and grass, but not all-terrain by any means. I think the 2015 model has better wheels, so it will be able to go over more uneven ground. Hope this helps!
  • I'm not looking to go "off road" but the one walking path by our house is sometimes gravel, sometimes compacted dirt paved trail and sometimes blacktop. Won't be right on the grass. And I'm afraid the '15 model doesn't release until the baby is due!
  • Loading the player...
  • uppababy cruz '15, is already in stores.  My friend had the '14, but never used it (baby born sept) so just took it back to BuyBuyBaby and exchanged for the '15. She likes how the wheels are larger cushy & it also comes with the bumper bar.  
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would get a Versa.  It has better wheels on it already and you can order all terrain GT wheels for it that are awesome. Oh and it's cheaper.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • The 2015 is already available - at Buy Buy Baby.com ad some stores the 2014 is only available in certain colors and the 2015 is the model they're featuring. So if you want the 2015 you can definitely get it now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the Cruz. However, we are just using it for normal suburban life, not really on trails or anything. We also have the Vista, which was too big for my everyday use. It seems to have a better suspension. Honestly, for the first few months we did not use a stroller but used a snap and go. It is so much easier. Now that LO is older, 19 months, she likes to walk at times and we also have a wagon.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• AmCheriAmCheri member
    edited December 2014
    We will be second time parents. Learned a lot the first time around. A great example is buying more stroller than you need. The UB Vista, in my opinion, is heavy and cumbersome. By 8-10 months, you'll probably wish you had something lighter. So while the heavy-duty all terrain strollers have some appeal, I'm not sure that they are a good long-term option. We used the Orbit which isn't all that unlike the Vista, in terms of stroller class, size, weight, etc. At 8 mos, we ditched our Orbit for the Bugaboo Bee which we love. If I could go back and do it again, my top two picks would be the UB Cruz (which my sister has and loves) or the Bugaboo Bee. Both allow you to dock an infant car seat to the frame. Both are great as more lightweight, intermediate strollers that will have better longevity than say, the UB Vista, Bugaboo Chameloen and Orbit. Just my two cents. I think the Cruz is a great pick.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • I am also due in March and just bought the 2014 model at Buy Buy Baby on clearance. They did have the 2015 model available, but it was actually out of our price range at full price. No experience using it yet, but if you decide the wheels on the '14 would work for you, I recommend checking there for a great price!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I also just saw a great price on the 2014 Cruz at gilt.com.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"