Homeschooling

Teachers needed?

Hi there.  I am a mom of two (DD is 3 and DS is almost 2 years old).  I have been a public school teacher for seven years and am looking for a more flexible teaching situation that would allow me more creativity than the public school system allows.  Is there a need for former public school teachers to come to homes to teach in the Home School Community?  Do you all hire teachers for your children for certain subjects?  I am certified in Maryland to teach all subjects in grades 1-8 and am just wondering if there is a need for teachers in this community.  TIA!

Re: Teachers needed?

• It seems like there could be a need for it. Unfortunately probably more in the higher grades, but you may still find opportunities. 

Have you contacted any homeschool coops in your area? That would be the best place to start. Even if they don't hire teachers they may know of opportunities. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You might also search for homeschool groups in your area on facebook, I know we have several and people often post about classes/ activities offered there. 
    Or, it might not be as fun/ creative, but you may find work doing homeschool support through a charter school. At least in my state, there are several large public charter schools through which people homeschool. With ours there is a credentialed teacher who checks in with me once a month in my home.
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"