Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Convertible car seat for tall & sweaty baby

My LO is quickly outgrowing her Chicco Keyfit so we are starting to look for a new convertible car seat. LO is on the taller side (90th percentile at 6 months) and sweats like crazy. Her back and head are soaked after 15 minutes in her Keyfit. I am looking for a seat that will last for awhile and keep her cool. Any recommendations? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Convertible car seat for tall & sweaty baby

• Options
    I would recommend asking on the Facebook group Car Seats for the Littles. You can explain what you're looking for as well as wgat vehicle it will go in and their certified techs will recommend a few seats.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I would recommend asking on the Facebook group Car Seats for the Littles. You can explain what you're looking for as well as wgat vehicle it will go in and their certified techs will recommend a few seats.
    Thanks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How is the child dressed while in the seat? 

I would look into the new Britax Click tight boulevard or the Chicco Nextfit.  They both have high RF limits and easy to install.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I also want to add that the CSFTL group is great, but there are plenty of knowledgeable people on this board who can also give great, sound car seat advice.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Sweating is really something you're going to deal with in any seat because of the enclosed nature of car seats (unless you went with something more open like a Radian.  What's your budget for a new seat?  Do you need one or two seats?
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    We got the new Britax Boulevard Click Tight for our 8 mo old son, and it is awesome. It's so easy to install and use, and the fabric seems less sweat-inducing than my DD's Maxi Cosi Pria. In fact, we are about to dump the Pria for another Boulevard.
  • Options
    We have the Britax Pavillion, and my LO is very comfortable. He runs hot and used to sweat like mad in the infant seat, but doesn't hve that problem anymore.
  • Options
    Diono Radian. I have one and it seems to keep my oldest cool. I have the one without the headwings. Get the angle adjuster if rearfacing (which is highly recommended).

My second son is in the chicco nextfit, and it seems to keep him really warm with the high sides.
  • Options
    Since your LO is so tall, I would recommend either the Diono Radian or the Chicco Nextfit. Both have really high height limits for extended rear facing. Since your LO is so young and already outgrowing her Keyfit height-wise, you would need a seat that has a high height limit for rear facing, assuming that you plan to rear face until at least age 2 which is the general recommendation.

FWIW, I have the Nextfit and I love it! Super easy installation using latch and it fit in the super small backseat of my husband's car. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Baby needs to be sitting fully independently before using the angle adjuster for any of the Diono seats, just a warning :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I was a big Britax person (infant seat, stroller, two Pavilion convertible seats), and I just ordered two Diono Rainier carseats. My daughter is little (age 3, 26 pounds and 35 inches tall) and she is still rear-facing. One of our Britax seats needed to be replaced (it was in an accident), and I went back and forth over my love of Britax, and the fact that she would be soon hitting the height limit for rear-facing in the Britax convertibles. 

Our Diono's arrived last week and so far, I am extremely happy with them! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"