Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sitting

When did your baby sit without support? My lil guy just turned 6m and I'm just wondering. When I put him in a sitting position he still falls on a side or just leans forward..

Re: Sitting

• Options
    You will probably get a huge range because it can vary for every baby and still be normal. My daughter was sitting at 4 months but still fell over sometimes. My sons were 5 months. My nieces and nephews ranged from 5-6 months to 7-8 months.
  • Options
    Maybe around 6.5 months? Every once in awhile we used the bumbo for trunk support or we sat her on our laps.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our 8 month old sits without support.... except when she decides she wants to LEAN back randomly. So we still have the bobby behind her just in case
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS was sitting independently at 6.5m.

DD only did at around 8m. 

Both still required a nursing pillow behind them for about 1.5m after because they would throw themselves back.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS is 6 months and is just now trying to sit by himself, he had no interest/ability until about a week ago.  If your LO isn't sitting reliably @ 9-10 months, there might be a red flag, but babies do what they want when they're ready.  Just because someone's baby was doing it at 4 months doesn't mean yours will.  Just encourage LO's independence and try not to stress so much.  They'll get there.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    My DD is turning 7 months tomorrow. She learned to sit unassisted last week. Meaning, if I sit her down, she can sit for a while - not get into a seating position by herself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My son was at 4 months, he does not roll around much at all tho, he can but it is rare! Each baby does different things at differnt speeds! :-)
  • Options
    My daughter started sitting unsupported just before she turned 6 months :) One of my friend's babies who was born in April has been sitting unsupported since she was 4 months. It all depends on the baby! :)
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    So...9 days ago I posted that DS *just* started trying to sit and now he's sitting unsupported all the time.  It can change almost overnight.  Babies do what they want, when they want LOL.  Updates?
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"