Cloth Diapering

I finally sat down to take stock of my NB stash...

EssJayCeeEssJayCee member
edited December 2014 in Cloth Diapering
What else should I buy?  I still need to order prefolds & workhorses from GMD.  Should I get some more covers, too, or will the ones I have be enough?  How many prefolds/workhorses would I need to round out my stash?  I know 36 changes is considered good, but I'm not sure if the hybrid fitteds count as a change or not.

AIO:
3 NB Blueberry Simplex
2 NB Imagine Stay Dry
2 NB Imagine Bamboo
1 NB Wiggle Biscuits (WAHM)

Pockets:
9 P&Ns

Hybrid Fitteds:
2 NB Earthy Little Moose (WAHM)

Covers: 
1 Size 1 Thirsties Duo Wrap 
3 NB Rumparooz 
2 Blueberry Mini Coveralls

Re: I finally sat down to take stock of my NB stash...

• My P&Ns and simplexes didn't fit at birth, and my daughter was just shy of 8 pounds, Aim for 36 changes to wash EOD. I'd probably get at least 26 more prefolds/workhorses/changes, myself. I would also get more covers (I like having an abundance of covers) but you could probably do with what you have. You may want to get two more to have more flexibility between washing or something.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Loading the player...
  • EssJayCee said:
    Good to know, thanks! ITK, if I get more covers, which would you suggest?

All of them. I like my Assunta tiny and OS covers. Those made up most of my NB cover stash. And I would definitely get prefolds, workhorses, or flats. You will be far less prone to leaks and poosplosions with those on a NB. Especially the first few days.
  • I second the assunta tiny covers. They're a great price, cute prints, and last a long time. DD fit in them at a week old, around 6 lbs, and is still wearing them (barely though) at 17 lbs.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• I have Thirsties Duos, Rumparooz, Capris, Sweet Pea, and Imagine.

The sweet pea, RaRz, and capris all fit right at birth. The Thirsties fit at around 1-2 weeks old, I think?

I like my capris for daytime use because they're trimmer, I like my RaRz for night because they cover my fitteds without ever having to check in the dark and make sure everything is tucked in, but they're a lot more bulk.

My Thirsties are alright, and they're the only covers I used for my first daughter, but I just don't love them as much as the others this time around.

The sweet pea doesn't fit well over any of my fitteds, I just use it with some inserts laid in it, but I really like it for that because it's super trim. 

The imagine sucks (although I love, love, love the bamboo AIOs, particularly the hook and loop ones). She's 5 weeks old now and it still doesn't fit at all. I know some people love them, but it kind of blows my mind that they do. It's terrible.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I had 12 pockets, 14 fitteds, 12 prefolds, and 6 or so covers and I thought that was plenty. I think 2 dozen workhorses and prefolds (total, not each) would put you in good shape.
  • Just wanted to thank everyone who recommended the Assunta covers - I just ordered some tiny tuckables and some OS covers to add to my stash and try out a couple more types of diapers (hoping my husband likes something - at least my sister was a bit less skeeved out by the idea of cloth diapers when she saw some AIOs at my house the other day).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"