March 2012 Moms

T&Ps, please. Update in comments.

nunzchucksnunzchucks member
edited December 2014 in March 2012 Moms
DD has had elevated ketones in her urine the last two times her urine was tested (March and last week). Doc says it could be because she was sick, but also could point to diabetes. We have to get blood work and another urine sample done.

My family has a history of diabetes so this freaks me out a little. Just asking for some prayers if you have a second.

Re: T&Ps, please. Update in comments.

•  Fingers crossed it's  just a false alarm and the tests come back negative... My DH also has a family history of diabetes so it's something that is always in the back of my mind.  He is clear but his older brother is heading that way with his lousy diet and his mom and grandparents are diabetic.

You already know the ins and outs of dealing with it and what bad management can lead to.. so you are ahead of the curve even if it does end up being that.  If it does, look into the water soluable cinnamon regime... it apparently helps control it without the need for meds for certain types  and can eliminate the need for meds too in people already using with certain types... I forget which one it works for but the info should be readily available via google :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Praying for your little girl. So hard when we don't know if our little ones are okay or not.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Thoughts and prayers for you and your dd! I hope the results come back good and that it was just elevated due to her being sick. Please keep us updated!

Not trying to steal your thread but you have me worried. My dd's doctor has never tested her urine or done any blood work. Was this done because you requested it, or something that should be tested regularly by this age?
  • @kaleb87 Both times were for suspected UTI so it wasn't a routine test.
  • Thanks @nunzchucks I thought maybe my dd's doctor was slacking. Fingers crossed for you everything comes back normal!
  • I hope everything turns out ok.

• Fx it's nothing serious! Keep us posted!
  • Prayers that everything is okay!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words. They ended up doing just a finger stick and her glucose number was normal. We are just waiting on her to pee so we can take the sample back, but I suspect the ketones must have been elevated since she was sick.
  • That's good news  :) 

• What a relief! I am glad the finger stick came back with normal glucose levels. I hope everything in her urine sample is normal, and it was just due to being sick. Great news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"