October 2012 Moms

weekend! party time!

My sisters and their families are coming over today. 3 hours to go and i need to vacuum, slice a ham, dip bon bons, start cooking said ham, start on bacon. Oh and haul out 3 loads of trash to the dumpster.

Husband has a cold and is still in bed.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: weekend! party time!

• Whhhaattt?? You're hosting a gathering right after Christmas?? You're a much better woman than I! :) Have fun today.

• I'm just hanging at home with the girls. Cleaning up the Christmas aftermath and doing 3216 loads of laundry. MH is off doing some work on my parents house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Its my side's Christmas. Christmas ain't over till after they leave! ;)

Oct Angel Babies
  • My entire family texted me at 12 asking if they could come over at 1. Ummmmm sure I guess. I delayed them till 2 since emma is napping. Suddenly have to clean my entire house, feed myself (haven't eaten yet today), shower and prepare food for them. Fun. Good thing Emma is asleep I can actually get something done. No one ever gathers at our house since we live so far from them. I planned on sleeping on the couch all day/weekend.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• We just got back from sams club now eating and then im taking weley out back to play. In the snow. Hoping it tires him out so he takes a nap so i can have one too

• We had my grandmother's memorial service today. It was nice, but man, the tears! She was really an amazing woman. There were over 320 people in her very tiny church. But you could see how much she loved. My uncle read the eulogy my mom wrote, and oh.my.god. I've never seen him break down like that. He's not the type of man that gets emotional.

It was lovely. But I'm beat from chasing my kids around. I have to make dinner soon for my parents since I wanted to make meals while I'm here. I made them padthai with shrimp last night (their favorite meal I make) and then they watched the boys while DH and I went out to our favorite vegetarian restaurant. Tonight I'm making a southwest salad that they also love. Then they'll have plenty of leftovers this week so my mom can have a break and start relaxing after doing so much work the last 6 weeks taking care of my grandmom and helping with all the arrangements and their stuff.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I painted SOOOOOOOOO much today. got there at about 8 and painted until about 4! all the bedrooms, the hallways, stairway, the girls bathroom, and the kitchen are done! my knees, feet, neck, and shoulders are so sore.

• @mbm1983, it was even uglier in person. Everything in that house was ugly actually.

We are getting close. DH says less than a month for sure. We ran into a HUGE issue with the HVAC system. DH and a friend of ours wasted a few hours trying to figure out why the heat wouldn't work. After some investigating and testing (and installing another unit in the house that worked just fine) they realized that the unit the company sent us was leaking. So now we have to wait for the new one to come in :( We're running on half heat now, which isnt too bad. But not having both units working is screwing things up. Spackle, paint, and grout are taking way too long to dry.

• My kid is walking around in her skating pads. Elbow and knee, one glove (lost the other) and helmet. And a diaper because she likes to be naked and took her shirt off. She refuses to take the gear off. Whatever makes you happy kid.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @NeedUtonite‌ I laugh but it's because I've also thought SAHMs are amazing. I stay home in the summer but I'd need some major work on my mom skills to do it all year!

My ds has the stomach flu. He's nearly 5 but this is only the second time he has had it. He's miserable and my h has done so much laundry overnight. Why does it always start at bedtime?!? Time to put my new coffee maker to use.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• chricastchricast member
    edited December 2014
    I emptied my closet of all my clothes and put back in only bump worthy clothes. I lent all my maternity clothes to my best friend and sister and have not gotten every thing back. My sister is still in maternity clothes from her pregnancy and the pants she has given me back are a bit stretched out. I'm in need of work pants though as I was only wearing scrubs to work last time I was preggo and most of my stuff was summer wear.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• We're driving back to GA... Blech. I drove from Philly to Richmond in a little over 4 hours though so we're making wonderful time. As opposed to the 16 hours the normally-12-hour-drive became. We left at 4:30am. 4-5 hours left.

• @cmarie79, can you pick me up on the way? 

• A woke ul from her nap about 30 min ago. Pretty sure she's ready for another. Ahes laying on the couch rubbing her eyes. Poor punkface has had a big week!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I took a 45 min nap today, only to be woken up by a huge crash in the bathroom.  Went running around the corner, slamming my arm on the door in the process, and saw A happily playing with bottles of soap while Husband trimmed his beard.  He had no idea that I could hear her throwing nearly full plastic bottles into my steel tub in a room that shares a wall with the one in which I was sleeping.  Really?  So any relaxation was completely undone and I'm in a worse mood now than when I went to sleep.

I'm also supposed to start my period tomorrow, so I am a horrible ragey bitch today.  

Oct Angel Babies
  • mbm1983 said:

Into the Woods was awesome guys. Awesome.

I really want to see it!

• mbm1983 said:

Into the Woods was awesome guys. Awesome.

My in laws are taking Emma overnight tomorrow since daycare is closed and I'm working mon/tues this week. I'm trying to convince my hubs we need to do dinner and a movie I really want to see this!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• So I need an O12 ruling:
    One of the daycare girls (high schooler, works part time) sent me a friend request on Facebook. She is super friendly and very chatty every day when we pick A up. But, I think it's a little weird to be friends with random high school kids....

Wdyt? Fb friends with a daycare girl - Creepy or Friendly?

I would ignore the friend request and let her know you don't think it is appropriate (in some way).
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @mbm1983‌ dude id be like "gimmie the keys im going to the car."

Oct Angel Babies
  • mbm1983 said:

CnAnA said:

@mbm1983‌ dude id be like "gimmie the keys im going to the car."

I ever been siting in the car for 30 minutes! They just got out. So an hour almost in that line. Ridiculous.
    Woooow.

Oct Angel Babies
  • FFSC: pretty sure my kid hasn't had anything even remotely resembling a vegetable in like 3 days. She had half a slice of portobello mushroom on Christmas Eve, but that is it that I can remember. MOTY.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @CnAnA‌ - you aren't alone. Norah had a green smoothie today but before that???

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"