3rd Trimester

ccrnjar00ccrnjar00 member
edited December 2014 in 3rd Trimester

Re: .

• What? I didn't have an internal exam until 36 weeks but had many doctor's visits before than. How on earth have you let yourself get this far along without seeing a doctor?? That's not very responsible.
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a lot missing to this story. OP you need to fill in the blanks, internal exams are not typically performed until late in the 3rd tri. So why would you not be seeking prenatal care?
  • I'm 34 weeks and haven't had a single internal exam yet. And I've had a million docs appointments. Heck I've had 4-5 ultrasounds. How the heck have you only been twice? Get your ass to the doctor ASAP
  • Please see a doctor. It makes no sense the doctors are refusing you based on something that normally isn't done until later in unless there is a medical reason to do so before hand.

I don't know your reasons for avoiding internal exams, that is not my business, but I do know that you can decline them if you are uncomfortable.
  • It is horrifyingly irresponsible that you are refusing to get the prenatal care that you need. I find it impossible to believe that no doctor will see you based on not wanting an internal exam - why would that even come up at the time you should have started seeing a doctor? And plenty of women decline those exams without incident. You need to start taking responsibility for yourself and your baby and go see a doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • actually that is the whole story. I moved within the last year and never found a primary obgyn yet in that area, because i've never even had a pap smear. So since I would be a new patient with them, they all have said they wanted to do an initial exam, and when I said I was uncomfortable with that along with the internal exams(which i know when they start I've been pregnant before) they have all said they can not help me. I've been searching for a doctor since I was 12 weeks(which is when I found out). The two doctor visits were with two different doctors and with those ones I meet with the nurse in the beginning of the appointment which did an ultrasound so I knew how far along I was and then gender also getting other blood work and stuff done, after these test the doctor came in and I discussed with them that I did not feel comfortable with them wanting to do an exam since I was a new patient let alone internal exams at all, and every single one of them have turned me down. So no I'm not being irresponseable I have been trying I have called at least 15 doctors making sure they understood how i felt some as far as 2 hours away and still no luck. I take vitamins everyday, work out, watch what I eat normally vegetarian, adding in some meats to make sure I get the proper nutrition. I'm a nursing student with a minor in nutrition i know how to take care of myself and what to watch for. 
  • ccrnjar00ccrnjar00 member
    edited December 2014
    I rather not discuss why I am so uncomfortable with them, I did try to allow them and get through it with my first pregnancy because I wanted to make sure everything was right and healthy. I tried twice and both times caused me to have a huge anxiety attack to the point I almost passed out both times before they even had to chance to do it. And nope I've never had a pap smear. 
    My first pregnancy went fine I even did the group b strep because that is something they allow you to do yourself if you would like(even though it wasn't necessary because I was having a planned csection. My baby and myself both were extremely healthy through the hole thing with no issues, she was born at a very good weight/size with no issues and we were sent home after being in the hospital for three days which is the normal time for a csection.

• Think of the example you are setting for your daughter. I don't mean that to sound cruel, but you need to find the courage to do the right thing for your children. I know all about anxiety and panic attacks. Find a doctor that you can trust ASAP and explain your fears to them.

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Uh ya. Time to see a therapist (actually time was 30 something weeks ago) . Putting your child in potential danger because you don't want an internal exam is redic.
  • ccrnjar00ccrnjar00 member
    edited December 2014
    so since its so "redic" considering they do not need to see if my cervix is thinning or anything of that nature, it can cause more harm. for example spreading bacteria/infection, cause your water to break, or even cause your cervix to prematurely stimulate, etc. internal exams and not truly helpful or even extremely safe. Your cervix can be thinning and you may be dialated (which is really all they learn from doing them) but that truly means nothing to when you will actually have your baby. it all depends on your body, the exams don't give you an accurate measurement you could be 1cm and have your child within hour or 7cm and not have her/him for days. They only thing they are helpful for are if you're at risk for a premature labor, but honestly unless there is a true sign or reason to believe something along those lines might happen most healthy pregnancies could go the whole time without them.

but on another note if that was the only reason i didn't want one i would suck it up and get it anyway so i could find a doctor. and please explain how my child is in potential danger? like i said i know what to watch for. I've been keeping tract of my weight, size of my belly, movements, etc. everything they do at appointments. so besides actually talking to a doctor and getting exams what am i missing? the only test I haven't got with this pregnancy so far that i had with the first is the group b one.
  • Therapy & some anxiety management (Xanax? Benedryl?) . You need the Pap smears & at least one or two internals during active labor.

You really do owe it to yourself, your cervical health & your kids to do right by your health. At this point you are acting irresponsible. I don't mean to minimize your anxiety-- but this is not about you anymore. You owe it to your kids to take care of yourself.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ccrnjar00 said:
    I rather not discuss why I am so uncomfortable with them, I did try to allow them and get through it with my first pregnancy because I wanted to make sure everything was right and healthy. I tried twice and both times caused me to have a huge anxiety attack to the point I almost passed out both times before they even had to chance to do it. And nope I've never had a pap smear. 
    My first pregnancy went fine I even did the group b strep because that is something they allow you to do yourself if you would like(even though it wasn't necessary because I was having a planned csection. My baby and myself both were extremely healthy through the hole thing with no issues, she was born at a very good weight/size with no issues and we were sent home after being in the hospital for three days which is the normal time for a csection.

So why the c-section? 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I understand you don't or can't do a pap smear but it is for the health and safety of yourself and children.

As for the prenatal care, I understand you plan on having a c section but that really needs to be discussed with your care provider because if you walk into a hospital in labor they may not be willing to do an emergency c section or you may be to far along to be able to have the c section. Also, I had a perfectly healthy first pregnancy and a crap second pregnancy. It started out great and the last week(week 35) i started feeling slightly ill, I went in for a growth scan and i walked out no longer pregnant. I suffered from severe and sudden pre eclampsia, my baby suffered from in uterine growth restriction and her cord was wrapped around her neck twice. Everything was great - I measured great, blood pressure was fine and everything and then bam out of nowhere...crap. my symptoms didn't seem that bad either. I had normal swelling throughout my pregnancy and only on the day of the growth scan did I have a minor headache with some blurred vision (which I have astigmatism so that's the usual issue).

Please find a way to get yourself checked. Work with your doctor, tell them your anxieties and just attempt the pap smear!
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"