Parenting after 35

MIL Free to any home that will take her!

As some of you know my MIL is a pain in my !@#$!#@.  She is old and crotchety and thinks she knows everything about everything.  SHE DOESN'T.  I bite my tongue on a lot of things because I always want to be respectful because it is his mom and I treat her the way I would want my Mom to be treated.  I let a lot roll.  Today she came over and was talking to my hubs while we were all outside and my 2 year old was happily splashing away in her baby pool.  My 7 month old HATES the water so he was just hanging out with us.  He was wearing a cute baseball hat to protect his face from the sun and my husband innocently says to his mom "Doesn't he look so cute in his hat."  To that she responded "yeah, but I think he looked cuter before he got his hair cut."  Luckily she was standing behind me so she didn't see me make a face and then roll my eyes at her.  I had my sister trim up his hair because it was getting shaggy on top and he looked silly.  My MIL had tried to argue with me at one point (pre-haircut) that she felt he didn't need one.  It was not a drastic haircut either.  When I saw my Mom later this afternoon I told her what happened  to vent about it.  My Mom had no clue that he even had his hair cut!!!!  I took the passive aggressive route with my hubs after my MIL left telling him that I had to take my ugly baby inside to feed him.  Not proud but made me feel a little better.  Oh and PS....he's my kid and if I want to shave his head bald like freakin Ciallou, as Bobby Brown once sang, it's my prerogative!!!!!  God I can't stand that woman.  Sorry just needed to vent some more.  She pisses me off.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: MIL Free to any home that will take her!

• Vent away! How often do you have to see her?
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Ya good thing she already had her turn. ;)

Yo. Opinions not wanted here. Mom has it under control. I'm going to make you a t shirt. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Thanks Springbed!  Sadly they live less than 10 minutes from us so we see them frequently.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh that is much too close! I'm sorry! I had thought about offering to trade (mine is a very nice person but her living with is is driving me up the wall anyway ...halfway through now...) but 10 minutes away is totally not enough so ill keep mine after all. Sorry!

You can teach anywhere. Does your hhave any nice job prospects a few states away?
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • I hear you...my MIL likes to come by our house once a week (to remind us she's the only grandparent who doesn't get to watch E during the week).  I try to time my errands when she'll want to come by so my exposure to her is limited.  Last weekend she came by when I went for a haircut and color...worked great for me!  I only had to see her for 30 minutes!

They really don't think about what they're saying before it comes out of their mouths.
  • MIL's are their own breed for sure!!  I'm using a  journal so that when my DS gets married, I don't become one like mine! Fortunately, mine live over seas and neither of us have enough money to visit often - but when we do (or they do) it's for about a month at a time...we have a trip planned in March...anyway, I feel for you! I don't think we would be married if mine lived that close - so take strength in the fact that you haven't killed her yet ;) You're stronger than me :) 
  • Feel your pain! Mine lives 2 miles away(we live in middle of nowhere) so we are neighbors! I married her "baby" and there r days that amb cord is stretched over those 2 miles! If he has a cold she runs right over with 4 different kinds of meds to help lol. Good luck!!!
  • I'm not married and after my last divorce and MIL from hell, I decided I won't get married again. (My BF and I are just fine this way.) My last experience was too awful...she even told me she doesn't want any more grandchildren (he had a child from previous relationship)...nightmare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"