Late Term and Child Loss

One year ago today

For those of you I haven't connected with, here is a bit of background on my story: Last year at my 39 week appointment, we found out that our first child, Wesley, no longer had a heartbeat. I was induced the next morning and have 26 hours of labor, he was born on Christmas morning. He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and had the most beautiful black curly hair. And super long fingers and toes, just like his daddy. We later learned that we suffered a spontaneous maternal fetal hemmorage.

As you all can relate to, this year has been a roller coaster of emotions- I have (and still feel) sad, angry, jealous, guilty, confused and so many other things that are hard to put into words.

Today, on Wesley's first angelversary, I just want to thank each of you so much for your support, kind words and thoughtfulness. I'm not sure how I could have gotten through this first year without this community- especially in those early days and months when I thought I was losing my mind. When I felt so alone because all of my friends had healthy babies and mine died. Having this group to connect with- people who can truly understand what I'm going through has been invaluable.

So today, my husband and I are getting ready to volunteer at the Salvation Army for the morning and then we'll come home and cool dinner for a few friends and family who are coming over. We have a birthday cake and we'll do our best to celebrate our little guy and start building traditions that will help us honor his memory every year. And we'll be thinking about all of your angel babies as well.

Again, thank you all so much and I hope that you have gentle and peaceful holidays with your families.

Re: One year ago today

• So many hugs to you and your husband today as you remember and celebrate your son Wesley today. I love how you planned to honor and celebrate your son. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you today. You'll be honoring Wesley beautifully, you're a strong family for finding a way to give back even though you're hurting.
  • Loading the player...
  • What a great way to remember your son. I hope you find some comfort and peace today.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Thinking of you and your family today on Wesley's angelversary. I love how you chose to honor him today.
  • It sounds like you have a good plan for the day. I hope it goes well. I'll be thinking of you.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Hugs and prayers. What a beautiful way to celebrate Wesley.
  • @Bgirma‌ thinking of you and Wesley and sending lots of prayers and strength he to get you through this very difficult day!
  • **ticker**

Hugs, thoughts, and prayers.  You are a wonderful mother. 
  • ((Hugs))

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Lots of ((hugs)). Hope you were able to make some good memories.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Thank you everyone. It was difficult at times but we had a really peaceful day.

Lots of hugs to all of you.
  • **ticker

sending lots of hugs, you made it through!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I'm super late to chime in on this thread but I'm so glad you had a peaceful day.  ((hugs))
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"