Parenting

Merry Christmas!

Can't sleep! Waiting for the kids to wake up and DH is snoring!

Post your Chrissy's excitement and randoms here :)

Hope everyone has a great day! Merry Christmas!

Re: Merry Christmas!

• Not weird!!!

I wish I could sleep since it's so rare for my kids to sleep in but they were worn out from yesterday's festivities with H's family.

Debating going downstairs and having a quiet cup of coffee
  • stebnie said:

My seven year old is awake and playing in his room. It's hilarious. I mean how excited is he going to be when it dawns on him?!

LMAO that's hilarious!

I used to wake up at like 4 when I was a kid and stare at the clock bc my parents told me not to get up before 6 lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Merry Christmas!
    DS was up from 11-2:00. Then at 4:30. Then up for the day at 6:15. I convinced him to "cuddle" in the dark for 45 minutes, but we're up now.
    He is watching his Daniel Tiger DVD in bed while we wait for DH to get home from work. I am hosting brunch and dinner today and am so tired since my kid slept like a newborn last night.
    Hold me.
    And give me coffee

Ugh that stinks I'm sorry. Sending barrels of coffee your way!
  • DH is sick with a fever now. Ugh. I have to go to work at noon. Merry Christmas.

• Merry Christmas! The girls are still sleeping so DH and I are just hanging out in bed. I may get up and get coffee going and pop cinnamon rolls in the oven.

I'm about to make pancakes since I didn't get cream cheese for cinnamon roll icing. I gave you a sqinty eye when I read that @PeanutButterFox‌. Lol

• My allergies are awful today and I'm going to moms later.... Mom who has a dog and loves burning all the candles.... Ughhhh
  • Our experience was a little strange. L got really nervous when we went into the living room. He wanted to be held and wanted to "go out of the living room." I think his new basketball hoop kind of scared him. He eventually got over it, but he was less than excited about the whole experience.

• One of our neighbor's car alarm went off at 6:22am, waking me up. It's 6:50 now, so I'm drinking coffee in peace and waiting for DD and DH to wake up. I can't wait to see DD's reaction (she's 2y, 3m) since she was really into everything this year.
    I've got potatoes in the oven for breakfast potatoes, then I'm making eggs, sausage, and fruit salad. We are heading to my mom's at 11, where I will eat my weight in sour cream twists (a pastry that her family has had every Christmas morning for 5 generations now). Merry Christmas!
  • DS (6) woke up at 4 and I made him go back to sleep in our bed with us. Not sure when DH got up but he woke us all up at 6:50 to open presents. He's annoying the crap out of me to leave for his grandma's Christmas at his parents house. The party starts at noon and he's rushing to get us there ASAP. This happens every year, and every year I fight him to have a relaxing gift opening and breakfast before leaving. I am rebelling now by taking a break bumping after my shower. We will be there by 10:30 and that's plenty of time.

The kids were excited about all their gifts. We got them way too much this year.
    imageimage
  • Merry Christmas!! We ended up having a really late night last night (for DS I mean). Kiddo didnt end up falling asleep til almost 11, so in turn he slept in til 10am (holy crap!). He's sitting having breakfast now while we're waiting for DH to get out here...its present time!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is making me watch Roots. :|

• DH is making me watch Roots. :|

Isn't that on everyone's holiday movie list?
    Sure because it's such a happy and uplifting movie!

• LO is finally napping. DH is taking entirely too long to get ready. I now have 2 hours to shower and get ready myself and make corn casserole. Which takes almost an hour to bake. It's been a relaxing Christmas morning though. Which is a nice alternative to the rushing around that i grew up with.
  • mcbenny said:

We slept until 8 something here.

The kids are playing. MH is upstairs. I have breakfast going. Bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls.

We had the same except sausage instead of bacon.
    imageimage
  • Had to move the Barbie dream house to DDs bedroom because DS broke the front door off and colored on it. Yikes.
  • I got DH a surfboard for Christmas, it's a 10 footer so I left it in the garage and told him his gift was out there. He goes to see and then I see him trying to get it into the house. WHY??? And then he just leaves it on the front lawn. WHY??? Why take the damn thing out of the garage in the first place? I love him so much.

DS was trying to play with the boxes for awhile but he is finally interested in what came in the boxes. He likes the stainless steel pots and pans the most.
    Surfboart

• I got DH a surfboard for Christmas, it's a 10 footer so I left it in the garage and told him his gift was out there. He goes to see and then I see him trying to get it into the house. WHY??? And then he just leaves it on the front lawn. WHY??? Why take the damn thing out of the garage in the first place? I love him so much.

DS was trying to play with the boxes for awhile but he is finally interested in what came in the boxes. He likes the stainless steel pots and pans the most.
    Surfboart

I will NOT be filling the tub halfway up, I just straightened my hair.

Omg! Lol! =))

• You better wrap it and put on a shower cap @starscream. Haha

• angelashlyangelashly member
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas everyone!

We were up first too. She finally got up abou 845 and after about 10 min asked if it was Christmas yet. We are now opening everything. Roast is going and I got 2 books so is think I will read a little.

Eta: we ended up finding a Frozen scooter and she has been riding it around all morning.

• My coworker is wearing her Betty Boop onesie pajamas right now. Omg.

• I want Mac and cheese

• luxannie said:

Merry Christmas!

I get it now. I get why parents love Christmas so much. 
    I got teary reading this. Merry Christmas!
    Me too. It was so cool seeing her so excited this morning and last night.

• mcbenny said:

MIL still has not come out.

Did you make sure she is alive? @mcbenny

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"