Trouble TTC

IVF it is... First RE appointment.

I had my first RE appointment today (over the phone). He was very nice and answered a lot of questions (most of them I've forgotten but he gave me his email address) but the take home message was, "you need to take aggressive steps and go straight for IVF." Damn. Cue the waterworks.

I have an appointment for additional testing on Jan 22 between CD 5-13 and then would start the IVF process the next cycle. (So that's Feburary) and then depending on how many eggs we get he suggesting stockpiling them so we can implant 2-3. So maybe March, April or May? I'm feeling so many different things right now. 1. Happy we have a plan 2. So sad that my body isn't cooperating. 3. Freaking out over the OOP costs for IVF. My insurance doesn't cover anything. Holy shit.

Does that timeline for IVF sound like what y'all have experienced? Any advice or thoughts or creepy internet hugs appreciated!

AND I'm still holding out hope that we'll get KTFU while we are in Thailand next week!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
TTC#1 since July 2014
AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
Headed to Prague April 30
3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: IVF it is... First RE appointment.

• I can sympathize. I have pcos and am going to start follistim injections now that clomid after 4 cycles was a big fail. If that does not work then I'll be doing IVF. Wish they had a lay away plan (just kidding)!! Hang in there it's going be worth it! It's not easy with the cost of fertility treatment God knows the bills are killing me lol Once you find out your prego, your gonna be one happy momma! GL ! Sending positive vibes your way !
  • I also went straight to IVF....scary as hell but so glad we did. It wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be so don't freak out! You can do this! We are also completely OOP so I understand your financial pain. Your time frame sounds right. I plan to do a transfer in February after a much needed vacation to Mexico so maybe we will meet again in the feb group! Best of luck!
    Me:30 DH:30 
    TTC since January 2013 
    Him: Excellent SA
    Me: 2 clear HSG's, perfect 28 day cycle with ovulation, all testing/blood work good
    1/23/14- **Surgery**
    Diagnosis: severe pelvic adhesions from stage 3/4 endo and old ruptured appendix
    RE Recommends IVF due to likely tubal damage
    IVF #1- November 2014 
                     Started stims 11/7. Antagonist Protocol
                     Trigger 11/17, HCG/Lupron
                     ER 11/19   27R/24m/14F
                     ET 11/24   1 little embie 
                     5 frosties!!! 
                     First ever BFP-  12/4 Beta #1: 35  12/8 Beta #2: 9  CP 

FET #1- February 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • That news is so stressful - I felt numb and in shock when the RE told us we were ready for IVF, but was able to slowly acclimate to the idea since we're doing 3 injects IUIs first just to save up covered meds...it would have been so hard just to move straight into IVF after that news. I hope the trip to Thailand is super fun and relaxing so you feel ready for the IVF process when you get back! (Or, even better, don't have to do IVF...!)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • We were told straight to IVF as well. I cried my eyes out when I got into the car,after the apt. Now I'm ok with it and ready. We are also oop. We are doing a fresh transfer though, not a FET
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"