Multiples

New Mama's

Just wondering how all you other new multiple Mama's are doing?

How are your nights going? Is there anything harder than you thought or maybe a bit easier?

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
Induced week 39 due to severe GD
Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
ET 3/25 
Beta #1 127
Beta #2 845
U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

Re: New Mama's

• Definitely harder than I thought, and I was already expecting it to be rough.  Nights suck.  Good thing the little buggers are super cute.
  • chrissynenachrissynena member
    edited December 2014
    It's going ok. Still trying to find our groove.

For every good night we have 3 bad. I have one baby that does ok and one that is up and down all night.

Easier- I guess it would be going out. It's a bit easier than I thought, but then again I haven't been out by myself with all 3 kids. My main concern is how to get my 2 year old from the car to our destination with the babies. Any suggestions (for when I feel brave)?

Harder- nighttime. My mom is still here helping. She left to go home for 2 days and we were a mess, so I'm not sure how it's going to go when she leaves in two weeks.

Edit to say babies are 3 weeks old.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Loading the player...
  • My babies are 10 weeks and DH just went back to work. Today is actually my first day being alone all day. 1 twin and DS are both sick with a cold.

Nights are def hard. 1 twin also has to have meds and eat at 3 am so I try to time feedings so that I'm not getting up an extra time but it doesn't always work out.

I haven't been out with all 3 kids and prob won't for a while. I want to try to keep babies from not getting sick again.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • My babies are 8 weeks old. Nights are ok because DH helps so we're each up with one baby every 3 hours. We're definitely tired but just doing what we have to do! I stopped pumping so at least that's an extra 30 minutes I get to sleep each time we get up with them.

It's easier than I thought when we take them out, they seem to like the car rides and being in new environments with new things to look at.

It's getting harder during the day, I'm home by myself taking care of them and they want more attention and to be held almost all the time. We do have family in town for the holidays so that's a big help, I can actually do laundry and clean now!
  • A lot harder than I thought. It really is a full time job. All I do is pump, feed babies, clean bottles And repeat! They are super cute though and the smiles in the middle of the night help.
    TTC 2 years- Me and DH (28) with (severely) low sperm count- less than 40 total (last 2 SA showed only 5 and 6 sperm each)
    IVF #1: ER 1/23/13- 4 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized; ET with 1 embryo 1/28/13 2 frosties beta #1 2/5 was 4.8- beta #2 2/7 3.5; BFN
    FET #1- transferred one beautiful 4AA embie. Praying this is my take home baby. Beta 5/7/13- BFFN!!!
    IVF #2: ER 7/17/13: 6R/3F- transferred 1 blast and 1 10 cell embryo 5dt.   Beta hell.  #1 2.5, #2 2.2- BFFFN! REALLY?
    IVF #3: ER 12/1 and only 2 retrieved.  1 fertilized with ICSI.  Was planning on transferring one fresh and one frozen....fresh was only 14 cells at day 5...CANCELLED and devastated due to 5cm blood filled cyst in ovary and blood in uterus.
    IVF #4: Antagonist protocol with endometrial scratch day one of stims.  ER 4/21: 6R/4M/3F- transferred 2 beautiful blasts (5dt) and one was hatching!  No frosties but hoping we won't need it!  Beta 5/4/14- 444(8dp5dt), Beta #2 10dp5dt 1002!  THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!  First US 5/15 we saw two of the most beautiful gestational and yolk sacs I have ever seen!  
    ****FINALLY PREGNANT WITH DI/DI TWINS!!!!!!!  

BRINLEY AND RILEY LONG.  Born November 20, 2014 at 32 wks 3 days.  4lbs7oz and 4lbs5oz.  1 month NICU time for "B's" and growing and feeding.  Now healthy, thriving, beautiful little girls!
     imagehttp://i62.tinypic.com/2dl9ap0.jpgpghttp://oi61.tinypic.com/o7t1y0.jpg

• Mine are 8 weeks. Things are pretty crazy, especially with dd not understanding why I can't hold her while I am holding the twins. Some nights they sleep great and they both sleep the same long gaps. Other nights they will take turns waking up.

It has been especially difficult with dh being in the hospital and having the babies in a hotel.I'm constantly worried about neighbors waking up to the crying so I will get them quicker than usual instead of giving them a few minutes to see if they will fall back to sleep.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • @morrkim You are doing amazingly well with all you're going through! You are my role model and I'm keeping your family in my prayers!
  • I think we're in the "honeymoon" phase of early term babies! The literally eat & sleep. During day I have to wake every 3 hrs for feeding & night there is 4hrs between feedings! And, not much of a peep in between.

I know this won't be case always - so we're enjoying while we can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My b/g twins are 11w4d and things seem to be getting a bit better every week. They are EBF so they require a lot of time from me specifically. They are both colicky & my boy has terrible acid reflux. He is on Prilosec now which is helping tremendously! I'm also dairy free due to his dairy allergy.

He is by far my better sleeper. He had several occasions in the last couple of weeks where he slept 5 & 6 hr stretches, little girl not so much! I think the hardest part of overnight is they want to sleep on me but they are slowly getting better about this too.

So much of the early stage has been hard but yet so rewarding & so worth it!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • We are doing good. I didn't realize how important a schedule would be. My days revolve around their schedule. Nights do suck (I do them alone) and then the hubs relieves me in the morning. It works for us since we have an older child and we can't both be down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"