One & Done: Only child
Options

Are you getting anything for your SO?

I usually get something for DH, even though he always says it isn't necessary.  However, he can be difficult to buy for!  I got him some chocolate, cookies, and shave soap for his stocking, then an updated ID for his Road ID bracelet, and some Dr. Who PJ pants that are striped like the retro Dr. Who scarf (he wanted the scarf, but it was $80!).  The ID got transferred to USPS, so I hope it gets here in time. 

DH says he is getting me something off of eBay (I think).  Just last night he was trying to bid on something, but got outbid.  Why are you depending on something so unreliable on the 22nd?!?  So then he said he bought something online that isn't as good, but I'll get it after Christmas.  I never know how to respond to these - gee, thanks?  If you are going to wait until the last minute, then you need to do the shopping in person, rather than bid online!  I do all the shopping for DD too, so I'm feeling a little pissy. 

He does something similar throughout the year as well - "I was thinking about buying you flowers today" - but never does.  Again, how do I respond to that?

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

Re: Are you getting anything for your SO?

• Options
    Ago said:

I usually get something for DH, even though he always says it isn't necessary.  However, he can be difficult to buy for!  I got him some chocolate, cookies, and shave soap for his stocking, then an updated ID for his Road ID bracelet, and some Dr. Who PJ pants that are striped like the retro Dr. Who scarf (he wanted the scarf, but it was $80!).  The ID got transferred to USPS, so I hope it gets here in time. 

DH says he is getting me something off of eBay (I think).  Just last night he was trying to bid on something, but got outbid.  Why are you depending on something so unreliable on the 22nd?!?  So then he said he bought something online that isn't as good, but I'll get it after Christmas.  I never know how to respond to these - gee, thanks?  If you are going to wait until the last minute, then you need to do the shopping in person, rather than bid online!  I do all the shopping for DD too, so I'm feeling a little pissy. 

He does something similar throughout the year as well - "I was thinking about buying you flowers today" - but never does.  Again, how do I respond to that?

You could say "next time don't think, do."   ;)

DH and I do exchange gifts.  We always set a budget for each other but he tends to go a bit overboard.  I think he got me some new work clothes, but other than that I have no idea.  I got him socks, gloves and a docking station speaker tower for his ipod.  I got a great "before black friday" deal, so I am excited about that.  He's wanted one for a while, so I know he'll be happy.
    Hey, that's easy!  Thanks for the suggestion!
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

• Options
    I bought him a PS4, a bunch of games, a year of online play and tickets for Aziz Ansari. Most of my interest in buying the PS4 was because I want the PS3 for the bedroom as a BluRay player and for Amazon Prime (I have crappy Apple TV in there). Then I forgot that I had pre-ordered an Amazon Fire Stick months ago and it just came so I guess I don't need the PS3 as bad but the PS4 is wrapped and done now. I'd be lying if I wasn't looking forward to the new games, too.

His birthday was also last Friday and I bought him a bunch of stuff there, too. December is expensive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He asked me today 'We weren't doing gifts, right?' I got him something (gloves, which I think he knew, but chose to forget), so he tells me I'll get an extra good gift for my birthday, in January,'cause I suggested a Trollbead, but he has trouble picking one by himself. Yeah, well. So I get to pick my own Christmas/birthday gift. 
    Hey, at least you know you will like it, right?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I suggested Christopher Elbow chocolates twice, and said they are all I wanted.  He sure as hell better not be trying to get those off of eBay!  Haha.  I won't be heartbroken or anything if I don't get them, but he can't say I didn't try to help.

• Options
    We always say we are going to go easy then go overboard.
    I bought DH an Eagle's hoodie he has been wanting, Red Sox tickets, and grilling tools (cast iron Dutch oven, fire starters, etc). I also found him a transformer from the 80's that he always teases his mom for throwing away on him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

https://img0.etsystatic.com/050/0/23130986/icm_fullxfull.51342378_irrmqn975o0s8sco4cwg.jpg

I had this made for H. He better effing love it or I'll be pissed, but judging by how much he loves Christmas I think I'm okay.

He bought me a ton of stuff I can't wait to open. I'm really childish about this whole thing and snoop hard.

That is beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A Star Trek ring! It's nerdy. We're going on a small getaway so we're gooing light on gifts
  • Options
    We haven't exchanged gifts in a while. Our coffee maker stopped working about two weeks ago so I got him a keurig. We weren't planning to exchange gifts this year but I figured the timing was good. He drinks more coffee than me so he'll appreciate the keurig (I hope)
  • Options
    DH is getting new pillows because I'm tired of him complaining about his pillow. He's also getting slippers and a gift card for new boots. His gifts are lame this year because I had no idea what to get him and he was no help.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    SO is getting some clothes, pjs and cologne. I also got some fun stocking stuffers for him also.

I'm not sure what he has in store for me. He's a good gifter though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I seriously just handed my H some money. Original. right? We always do gifts.. but he wanted something really specific online and the portion of $ I gave didn't cover it all- it's expensive. It's something speaker related and he had to order it last month for it to even be here for Christmas (as it is, it's running late).  So I just gave some money towards it. 

We make lists for each other... if we didn't, neither would get what we actually want. So several years ago we started making lists and we get exactly what we need/want.  We figure it's easier this way, and we don't care if it's tacky. 
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Ago said:

I got him some chocolate, cookies, and shave soap for his stocking, then an updated ID for his Road ID bracelet, and some Dr. Who PJ pants that are striped like the retro Dr. Who scarf (he wanted the scarf, but it was $80!).

There's also a scarf-striped bathrobe. I bought it for DH a couple years ago and he loves it.

I'm about 50/50 successful with getting DH something he likes but this year he said one of his gifts was probably his favorite thing I've ever bought him. Lego guys painted (not by me!) to look just like his favorite band. With little Lego instruments. Random Etsy find.

I also bought him a new e-book by one of his favorite authors, a print book that he couldn't finish reading before it had to go back to the library, and a shirt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"