September 2015 Moms
Options

Have you told your husbands yet?

OUKapOUKap member
edited December 2014 in September 2015 Moms
I haven't yet. I bought a "Big Sister" book last week on amazon before I knew I was pregnant. My daughter is going to open it on Christmas. :)
DS 7/6/09
DD 9/4/11
EDD 9/1/15

Re: Have you told your husbands yet?

• Options
    I'm telling my husband on Christmas Day too! I bought my daughter a "big sister" shirt to open on Christmas Day. He will be so surprised. It's a shame it's too early to tell everybody!
  • Options
    Yes... funny story, really. I miscarried a month ago and during the past month in which I should have been healing I was neglecting my husband, ergo he cheated on me. He told me on a Saturday night and the next morning I put 2 and 2 together and realized I was pregnant, took a test, and got a positive. I immediately snapped a picture of it and sent it to him with the word suprise. It was supposed to be a big "effe you" but it just made things more confusing for me really. So ya, I've told him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I had a cute idea planned of getting a Christmas ornament of me with a pregnant belly, but I left the stick on the sink and he saw it!
  • Options
    I was really trying to wait until Christmas day but I just couldn't!!! I told my hubby last night! He was very excited! I am ubber excited!!!
  • Options
    I was able to hold out a full 90 seconds after peeing on a FRER. He was in bed wide awake waiting to find out.
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP: 12/23/2014    EDD: 9/6/2015

Sept '15 January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!
  • Options
    Omg @RedRaiderLaura‌ in so sorry dh had acted like such a piece of shit! I hope you can figure things out soon. I can only imagine how confusing that would be.

I told dh but I should have done some awesome xmas reveal. We've been trying for awhile and he knew I was testing and such though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm new! Due Sept 1st! I found out yesterday and am in TOTAL shock. Its really hard, but I'm trying to hold out until Christmas, too. Bought a "big brother" shirt on Amazon. :)
  • Options

Yes... funny story, really. I miscarried a month ago and during the past month in which I should have been healing I was neglecting my husband, ergo he cheated on me. He told me on a Saturday night and the next morning I put 2 and 2 together and realized I was pregnant, took a test, and got a positive. I immediately snapped a picture of it and sent it to him with the word suprise. It was supposed to be a big "effe you" but it just made things more confusing for me really. So ya, I've told him.

OMG!!!! What a total asshole!!! However, I hope you guys can work things out. If it were me I don't think I could ever get over my DH cheating on me. I've been there and couldn't get over he hump of forgiveness. Stay strong girl!!!
  • Options
    I couldn't wait to tell DH, he leaves before me and gets home before me so I wrote "you're gonna be a daddy" on a piece of paper drew a heart and put my BFP sticky in the middle. However when he got home he did tho upstairs to the bathroom!! He called me to ask me something random and I was like "is that all???" He was like "Uhhh yea...." So I asked him to go to the upstairs bathroom and when he got up there he just went speechless it was so awesome LOL however I wanted to wait to tell people till 3 months and he's telling everyone...
  • Options
    slh33 said:

@indogbeersiveonlyhadone‌ - it's all a personal preference as to when to tell others. I base it on if I would tell them if something were to happen (God forbid). We are actually telling our parents tomorrow because why pass up the perfect opportunity? We would obviously tell them if we miscarried and it's the only time all year we are all together!

I totally agree! I had a CP, so I guess that's why I'm so hesitant to tell people. But I embrass that DH is so excited he just can't keep the news to himself. This Sunday was my Birthday and we told my parents and my brothers, they're all super happy and excited. But because of my CP I keep POAS... DH keeps askin me why I'm doing that and I keep telling him because of the last time time.. But I've used about 9 now and thy keep coming back with BFPs and each time it's like I let out a huge breath of relief. I pray this little one sticks around. I'm sure your family is going to be so excited and happy for you both!!! I'm so happy for you both!!!
  • Options
    Yep! ^ I've peed on 4! Haha
  • Options
    it's almost like even though I know I'm pregnant I have to keep POAS to "double, tripple so on and so fourth check" LOL Its making poor DH batty, but makes me feel al lot better
  • Options
    I told mine as soon as I knew. I peed on the stick and was like....wait, thats two lines!!!! Nooooo no way. We were only trying for a month.so looks like we have a Christmas Fishy.
  • Options
    I called DH at work and said "I'm pregnant!" I have no patience and couldn't wait until he came home.
  • Options
    I had a big brother shirt stored away for just this reason, so I popped it on my son and when my husband came home from work I told him we had an early Christmas gift. His eyes got real big and it was adorable, haha.
  • Options
    I took the test and then we waited for the test result together. It was great experiencing that moment together :)
  • Options
    He was the first person I told immediately after getting my result. He's had a habit of saying "I think you're pregnant this time" pretty much every month since we started trying, so I came out, woke him up, showed him the test, and said, "This time you were right."
    "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • Options
    My DH knew I was taking a test, so he was waiting outside the bathroom. I was 3 days late. This was a complete suprise because I was on BC. We found out on our 8 year wedding anniversary. We were both in shock but super excited.
  • Options
    Got up to pee at 5 am and my husband did not wake up till near 9:30. it was killing me and I was too excited to go back to sleep. but yea I left the stick in the bathroom with a little note..when he came out of the bathroom I asked him if he had seen the note...and he's like yeah, that....that doesn't mean anything, it's hardly there. hahaha. He came around eventually .
  • Options
    I took a test at like 5:30 on Christmas Eve and told him when he woke up. He smiled but also was skeptical of my line lol. Thankfully it's gotten a little darker each day since then
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Yep! Right after the first test! We both were in shock but are so very excited! Will be baby #3. Took two tests after also lol To make sure
  • Options
    I peed while he was showering. I was bawling my face off  when he got out. He was 2 and through and I was hoping to wait another year until DS2 was 2 years old. I just handed him the wondfo...I couldn't even get the words out. He took it better than I did. Still in shock over here.

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• Options
    I took a test at 6am and when I saw the second line pop up, I woke up MH and told him the news. He was so happy!
  • Options
    TashaSC said:

I took the test and then we waited for the test result together. It was great experiencing that moment together :)

That's what we did the first time and I cherish those long 3 minutes of anticipation and the excitement that followed.
  • Options
    Unwrapping the book was fun. He later admitted he was suspicious when I said he is getting the best present ever and then I made my daughter sit on his lap to open the last present. Though, watching him read the cover was priceless. It took him a few seconds to figure it out. The first time, I just showed him the test and I had wanted it to be more fun.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    I am telling him this morning! I ordered a coffee spoon that says "Good morning. We're having a baby!" and I will put it next to the coffee maker. We have been trying for 7 months and this month I was sure I was out again so he will be very surprised :)
  • Options
    Bought a dollar store test, took it, forgot about it. Went back an hour later when I remembered and saw two lines... Immediately panicked. Went to the kitchen and told DH I needed to go back to the store (he was cooking dinner) and slammed the test down on the counter.
    Came home POAS again and another two lines only faint. Immediately started bawling.
    DH just had a vasectomy a week ago and we really weren't planning on any more kids. I took the test as a joke... Some joke it was!!
    I'm still freaking out, randomly crying, and trying to be excited. DH is surprisingly ok with it but in denial because the lines were faint...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I showed him right away. He doesn't believe it yet because it's so faint.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Honestly, I haven't. I got a BFP just this morning and it's really faint. I don't think he'll believe it so tomorrow morning (10DPO) I'm going to take two cheapies and a FRER. If they're all positive, I'll be more confident myself and will feel confident that he's going to believe me!
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • Options
    I tested early in the morning (4am) because I had to pee so freaking bad and that was as close to FMU as I was going to get. When a faint positive showed up I couldn't go back to sleep and ended up waking him up at 6 with, "It's positive!" in a loud excited whisper because we're in close quarters with tons of family for vacation.
    DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
    BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance
  • Options
    I tested when he was already at work, but he knew I was testing again (my line was super faint yesterday so he didn't "believe it.").  I texted him a pic & called him two seconds later, there's no way I could keep it from him for much longer than that! 
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• Options
    I tested this morning with a FRER and a Wondfo and when both were BFPs I told the hubs immediately!
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • Options
    I found out on the day after Christmas. We started trying early December during our anniversary trip I got him to watch his football team play. So I ordered a onesy with his team on it saying "daddy's little (team) fan" with our last name on the back. I put that in a gift box with my digital BFP test on top and wrapped it up. When he came home from work I had it ready and just told him I forgot to give him this on Xmas. I videoed him while he opened it. It was amazing! This is our first! :)
  • Options
    After my loss I decided I wouldn't tell him right away because the previous experience was so stressful on us. That all went out the window the minute I tested. I tested on nye morning and ran out the bathroom crying with the stick. He was still in bed and I just layed on him crying. He thought it was negative until he looked for himself and said "omg two lines" lol
    Met 10/27/2006 & Married 6/7/2014
    BFP 8/30/2104 | EDD 5/11/2015 | MS 10/3/2014 | D&C 10/7/2014
    BFP 12/31/2014 | EDD 9/13/2015 PLEASE be our RAINBOW

• Options
    With my last pregnancy I made a coupon saying good for one baby expires June 2013. He totally did not get it. So this time I tested and was like yeah so my test was positive. And he was disappointed I didn't do something more creative... Men.
  • Options
    Yup - I came out and said, do you think that's a line? Yeah. Ok. Many tests later we believed it finally and started getting excited. I can't hold onto info like that! Wish I could to do something cute.
  • Options
    OliverSweetOliverSweet member
    edited January 2015
    WOW, you guys are all fancy with your news.  He stands there and watches me while I pee on the stick LOL.  Very awkward, but we are a team haha

Momma to Dakota (3/21/06), Willow (7/22/09), Scarlett (1/9/11) 
    BIG SURPRISE BABY DUE 9/7/15

Surro-Momma to Devinaj (2/5/14)

• Options
    TashaSC said:

This exactly!!
  • Options
    I tested at 12:30am on my DS birthday. Could see the faintest of lines almost a shadow. Woke OH up but he couldnt see it and said i was going insane lol. He went on holiday at 3am that day. I went and got a superdrug test(super sensitive) and got a positive so I rang him on holiday, told him and sent him some photos of the test. He was very emotional. We had been trying for 8 months x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"