Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL check in 12/19

Hi ladies.  I hope you and baby have been well this week!  Please feel free to post any questions you may have for each other.  

How far along are you? 

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Christmas is less than a week away, Hanukah has already begun, and other holidays are being celebrated right around now. Many of us have already shared how we are feeling about the holidays being PgAL.  Does anyone have advice for the rest of the ladies or anything they would like to share?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL check in 12/19

• ikrystalikrystal member
    edited December 2014
    shandorfml2 and her family - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.  My heart is breaking for you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

How far along are you? 29 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Unofficial milestone - I had orginally said that if I were still pregnant at 30 weeks, I would be ecstatic.  Christmas day will be exactly 30 weeks! 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? The swelling continues. Eh, oh well. 

QOTW: Christmas is less than a week away, Hanukah has already begun, and other holidays are being celebrated right around now. Many of us have already shared how we are feeling about the holidays being PgAL.  Does anyone have advice for the rest of the ladies or anything they would like to share? 

I read this today, and I wanted to share this with everyone: 

As long as I live, you will live
    As long as I live, you will be remembered
    As long as I live, you will be loved

We may feel that other people are overlooking our angels, especially now that we are pregnant. But they will always be loved and remembered.  Everyone on this board is sharing their baby's story, bravely and openly, and we have all grown to know and love each other's babies.  The holidays won't be the same without them, but just know that you are not alone.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Christmas. Damnit. And Conner and Ben's birthday coming up.  I lay awake at night with all kinds of anxiety over these milestones and quite frankly, cannot wait until they are over (and yet, I need time to slow down).
  • CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited December 2014
    @ikrystal, thanks for the check-in, and thanks for that quote and the reminder that we're not alone in feeling such a mix of emotions that the holidays bring.  I'm so sorry you're feeling anxiety over upcoming milestones.  Holidays on top of milestones just adds a whole additional layer of hurt and anxiety.  I hope the coming weeks will be as gentle on you as possible.

How far along are you? 4w2d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? My first appointment isn't until 1/2 but this week I did get confirmation of doubling betas.  They were 39 at 12DPO and 137 at 14DPO with 26 hour doubling time.  My progesterone wasn't great though.  It came in at 13.5 at 12DPO, so they started me on Prometrium. 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I think my symptoms are more progesterone related than anything.  I'm super tired and bloated.  I'm having a lot of mild cramps too..

QOTW: Christmas is less than a week away, Hanukah has already begun, and other holidays are being celebrated right around now. Many of us have already shared how we are feeling about the holidays being PgAL. Does anyone have advice for the rest of the ladies or anything they would like to share? 
    No advice but I'll be thinking of you guys and your angels a lot over the coming days. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Just early pregnancy fears.  Honestly I thought 1st trimester would be easiest for me because I've done it without issues nearly 3 times (1st pregnancy loss was just shy of 2nd trimester) but alas, my progesterone just had to come back less than stellar and get in my head.  Hopefully I'll relax a little bit if we see a heartbeat on January 2nd.  I feel bad for all the stress I'm going to put this baby through.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Loading the player...
  • schulme2schulme2 member
    edited December 2014
    @ikrystal‌ : yay 30 weeks is right around the corner! Sending lots of hugs as you approach both the holidays and the boys' angelversary.

@CheesyPeas‌: WHEN you see the heartbeat on Jan 2nd. :smile: I know it's so easy to get in your own head... Ugh I do it too!

How far along are you? 10 weeks, 5 days!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next ultrasound is Jan 5th! MFM appt. & First Trimester Screening.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I can eat fine, no sickness... Just things don't really sound good.

QOTW: Christmas is less than a week away, Hanukah has already begun, and other holidays are being celebrated right around now. Many of us have already shared how we are feeling about the holidays being PgAL. Does anyone have advice for the rest of the ladies or anything they would like to share? I would just say don't push yourself. If you make plans and aren't feeling it when the time comes, you have every right to skip it. You need to do what makes you most comfortable.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? So happy I can find this little nugget on the Doppler now! Definitely eases my irrational fears. Had my last ultrasound 2 days ago and got to see baby wiggling and looks like a baby now instead of just a blob! Also... Not feeling the holidays this year. Not doing a tree or stockings. Just already really over it. :(
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks today

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? My first appt with my OB is January 14th... and it can't come soon enough.  

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Not really.  My lower back has been hurting and I'm trying not to take that as a bad sign.  Other than that, I have to remind myself constantly that I'm pregnant- because I just don't feel it (which really scares me). 

QOTW: Christmas is less than a week away, Hanukah has already begun, and other holidays are being celebrated right around now. Many of us have already shared how we are feeling about the holidays being PgAL.  Does anyone have advice for the rest of the ladies or anything they would like to share? No advice, this is my first Christmas without Georgia and as happy as I am to have the hope of another baby in 2015, I'd still rather not have to pretend that I'm joyful and in a festive mood. Here's hoping that we all find comfort and peace this holiday season.  

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I can't shake this feeling of doom that I have.  I don't feel pregnant.  I can't wrap my mind around it and it doesn't seem real.  My mind is constantly reeling around all of the bad things that can happen.  I'm hoping that after my first appointment, when we're able to see/hear a heartbeat- that I'll get a grip and start to enjoy this pregnancy.  

@schulme2- Do you have your own doppler to hear its heartbeat or just at the dr.?  I've been debating getting my own, just so I can ease my stress a little bit... 
  • @hsabyan‌ I was very much in that doom state in the beginning... Like "this can't be real!" But I'm trying really
    Hard to bring myself out of that! Yes, I do have a home Doppler and it has seriously been soooo helpful when my mind goes crazy with bad thoughts, I can just hear that little one. Especially before I can feel any movement, it's very reassuring. I have the Sonoline B.
  • <3 thank you @ikrystal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• CheesyPeas Congrats on the doubling betas!  I, as well as many women I know, were on progesterone supplements throughout the first trimester.  They work wonders!  I hope that they help you out. 

schulme2 I'm over the holidays as well.  I think the home doppler sounds very useful for when you may be really worried. Big hugs to you as the holidays approach. 

hsabyan Good luck at our first appointment.  I know this pregnancy did not feel real to me until well into the second trimester - probably until just recently, and now I'm in the third. PgAL brain will do that to you.  Please let us know if you need anything! 
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks 1 day

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next appointment isn't until January.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Doing pretty good this week. My hips are starting to hurt at night. I should probably start sleeping with the pregnancy pillow.

QOTW: Christmas is less than a week away, Hanukah has already begun, and other holidays are being celebrated right around now. Many of us have already shared how we are feeling about the holidays being PgAL.  Does anyone have advice for the rest of the ladies or anything they would like to share? Give yourself permission to not do things if you are not feeling up to it or leaving events if you are feeling overwhelmed.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Just getting through Christmas. I had a doctor's appointment last week and told the dr that Christmas was probably going to be hard. They just called to check on me. I'm so glad that they truly are trying to help me. 

Also DD and I have been staying at the IL's house since last Thursday while DH is working on remodeling our bathroom. I think we get to go home today. I am so ready to be in my own house and sleeping in my own bed. We still won't have a useable bathroom for a few days, but won't need to be out of the house.

Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• @shandorml2 I know I said it already, but just wanted to remind you that you're in my thoughts and prayers. 

@ikrystal I love that quote, thank you for posting. 
    I'm so excited that you're almost 30 weeks, but am sending you extra hugs with Conner and Ben's birthday coming up. Such mixed emotions!

@cheesypeas Hooray for doubling betas! Just figures that it would come with the news of low progesterone. I hope you can find ways to relax until the 2nd, I'm looking forward to hearing news of that little heartbeat!

@schulme2 You're smart for getting a doppler. I worried so much early on but was afraid a doppler would make me a crazy person. I'm so glad it's reassuring for you.

@hsabyan I hope your appointment on the 14th helps lessen some of your anxiety. PGAL is so hard. I had (and still have) a lot of those same feelings of doom. My doctor says we're conditioned to expect the worst case scenario because that's all we know, and he's constantly reminding me that people do have normal, boring pregnancies that end in a happy, healthy baby. It's not easy, but I try to tell myself that over and over.

@dadalou I'm so glad your doctor truly cares about you. That is reassuring, and I think gives confidence that they really do want the best for you, instead of just seeing you as yet another patient they don't remember.
    I hope you get to go home today! Not being in your own home combined with the stress of the holidays is a lot to deal with.
    Oh, and I got the pregnancy pillow out a few weeks ago and was so glad I did. I highly recommend it!
  • dadalou I think that is great advice.  We all deserve to feel how we want to feel about the holidays, and it makes it harder when we have to fake wanting to do things or being happy.  I love that your doctor's office called to check on you.  So few doctors will do something like that, and it shows that Nathaniel made an impact on them too.  

Mel&John2013 I've always been scared to get sciatic pain, and I really hope the chiropractor helps! I've heard great things about going to see one for that type of pain. And wow - what an incredible gift to donate your breast milk!  I must have read that three times, I loved it so much.  Hugs to you this holiday season. 
  • @ikrystal - I love the poem - thank you so much for sharing! Conrgatulations on hitting a new milestone. Big hugs to you too as you prepare for Ben and Conner's birthday!
    @CheesyPeas - hugs to you Pgal can be so hard. Hoping and praying you have a great appointment on 1/2.
    @shulme2 - glad you found your little one on the doppler and he/she is doing good. The holidays are so hard - so many hugs to you.
    @hsabyan - hoping your 1st appointment goes well. Pgal is such a roller coaster of emotions. It can be a little bittersweet sometimes -  I am happy, hopeful and worried for the baby I am now carrying and also I'm sad and missing my son who should be here too.
    @dadalou - your doctor sounds amazing - so caring! Glad you'll be home soon - no place like your own home especially with Pgal and the holidays.
    @Mel&amp;John21013 - you are so brave waiting 4 weeks between appointments - I'm having a hard time right now and can't wait to go sooner. What an amazing gift you provided to so many children and their families by donating your milk - that was so incredibly kind.

• How far along are you? 15 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    A/S in 4 weeks

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?
    went an entire week without vomitting - yay! Eating more:)

This is my 1st Christmas, but I think it's important to limit your commitments and give yourself time to grieve in your own way.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
    Just feeling relieved - had my appointment today and heart our baby's heartbeat. I had been getting anxious because my nausea had been getting better so I was worried. Pgal brain is so hard sometimes.
  • I'm home! I get to sleep in my own bed tonight!
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• @dadalou I bet that was an amazing feeling! So good to be home :)
  • msunshine123 PgAL brain SUCKS.  So glad you heard the heartbeat :)  Also, I think you gave great advice - limit commitments.  Sometimes the holidays are so overwhelming with seeing so many people, and it doesn't give us the chance to reflect and feel how we want to feel.  Big hugs to you.
    dadalou Yay! enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"