April 2015 Moms
Options

OMG!! You guise are soooo mean!!!!

Seriously! Why can't y'all just ignore the community button on the app like you ignore Google. Why do you have to stop by to ask dumb questions and take up room on our board? Can't you just move on and pretend it doesn't exist, you know, like you do with pregnancy books.
And for the ones of you who are always fussing about "how mean everyone else is" all the while jumping on people who never did a single thing to you and just want to enjoy the actual community they have built, go away. Why do you have to post anything. Can't you just keep scrolling and "be a grown adult"?

I just can't even with you people...

Re: OMG!! You guise are soooo mean!!!!

• Options
    I don't get your post. Meh. And feeling a little I don't give a fuck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nomesy said:

I don't get your post. Meh. And feeling a little I don't give a fuck.

Sarcasm directed at drive-bys and whiney WKs
  • Options
    Ok, am I the only one who saw the title and immediately thought "that's the wrong word!  You meant 'guys'!"?  Yes?  Okay, just making sure.

OP, I'm pretty sure that was intentional and it was a very nice touch!
    January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

But, but, but the ultrasound sound tech told me I'm having a boy, and I know only boys are born in April, but can you just tell me what you think by looking at this u/s photo? Cuz, guise, I don't no if I should stop smokin pot and I'm lightly depressed bacoz my twins are slightly overweighted and I lost 10 pounds but now I gained 5 back and I feel like a whale, lol, lol, LOL.

ETA Don't say nothing mean, I'm preggo and sensitive and need support and hair pets so don't B mean 2 me, k?

Bacoz! I love it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I probably laughed at this way harder than was necessary. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I probably laughed at this way harder than was necessary. ;)

Me too!
  • Options
    mbm1983 said:

kuchick1 said:

I've been reading posts in this forum for months, and you regulars really are awful to new people. Was a snarky post like this so you could all cackle together about the idiots you disdain so much really necessary? Have you nothing better to do? Of course the more self-righteous and narcassistic newbies will complain and look ridiculous instead of just ignoring your mean girl behavior.

I've been shocked to see someone apologize for saying the regulars are mean here. There's nothing for which she should apologize: you are mean, awful people. I like the app and sometimes find the discussions helpful, even the moronic - is this normal - posts can make me feel better that I'm not a crazy person. But I'm fed up watching newbies bullied into leaving. Some won't care and probably never realized you were making fun of them. The comment above about the names really is spot on, but what's wrong with validating someone else's horrific name choice? That hypothetical woman sounds insecure and is reaching out. You don't have to agree or name your kid that, just say, "I don't know any names like that to suggest, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good luck!"

I would love to see more responses that are positive and supportive of each other, not just the vocal clique. Being pregnant, esp as a FTM, can be challenging. Now, I wonder how many of the women in the waiting room at my Obgyn are thoughtless and rude making catty comments in their heads when I'm just trying to do my best.

I (foolishly?) hope some of you will read this and reflect on your behavior and consider trying to act like kinder human beings. I'll try to actually participate in the future to try to drown out the mean and hateful comments.

there are so many positive, supportive threads. all of which you apparently don't read. so just stop because you are talking completely out of your ass. don't generalize if you don't read the whole board.

and stop with the bullying references. no one here is being bullied.

So that's a no on self-reflection.

As I said, I have been reading a lot, for months. Please stop letting the snarkiness and mean comments over shadow the good this forum can provide. There are bullies here, don't be one.

• Options

@kuchick1 - pretty sure the regs are only "awful" to the new people who can't figure out google, search, or just plain lurk/scroll through the board before jumping in with an already spoken about (ad nauseum) topic.

Jumping in is all well and good, but zipping up a flame retardant suit and putting on a pair of big girl panties would save a lot of WKs' time and energy.

I would challenge you that there's no need to be awful in any case. Redirect them to the welcome/newbie post.

Many new app users are first exposed to the community through hyperlinks in an automated email from the app/site. Their first exposure is meanness, and that doesn't help them, expand the community or improve the behavior. It just ruins someone else's day, and usually the mean person's day. Who wants to be mea and rude all the time? I can't relate to that. Let's give people some dignity and be nice.

• Options
    souptin said:

mbm1983 said:

SNIP
    there are so many positive, supportive threads. all of which you apparently don't read. so just stop because you are talking completely out of your ass. don't generalize if you don't read the whole board.

You are in a much more generous mood then I am today. its not even worthy of a response, this cat has her nose so damn high on herself she's not going to see the responses anyway.  Because she has decided we are all so freaking terrible,if her powers of logic, deduction and observation are that low I wouldn't want her to be part of the community anyways.
    lurking for months and this is the conclusion she comes too? Not a fucking chance.

I'm willing to listen. I just ask that you do the same. Today the snarky post above was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I can no longer silently watch as you are rude to new people.

Unfortunately for you, you do not have the authority to permit or exclude me from this community. Ive decided it's time to try to improve it from within. I hope we'll be able to find some common ground in the future.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

kuchick1 said:

souptin said:

mbm1983 said:

SNIP

You are in a much more generous mood then I am today. its not even worthy of a response, this cat has her nose so damn high on herself she's not going to see the responses anyway.  Because she has decided we are all so freaking terrible,if her powers of logic, deduction and observation are that low I wouldn't want her to be part of the community anyways.
    lurking for months and this is the conclusion she comes too? Not a fucking chance.

I'm willing to listen. I just ask that you do the same. Today the snarky post above was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I can no longer silently watch as you are rude to new people.

Unfortunately for you, you do not have the authority to permit or exclude me from this community. Ive decided it's time to try to improve it from within. I hope we'll be able to find some common ground in the future.

------------------------

@kuchick1‌ is here to save all the new people from us mean girls! Good for you! Who the hell are you anyway? Go away. :-@

Edited for a quote box fail.
  • Options

kuchick1 said:

I've been reading posts in this forum for months, and you regulars really are awful to new people. Was a snarky post like this so you could all cackle together about the idiots you disdain so much really necessary? Have you nothing better to do? Of course the more self-righteous and narcassistic newbies will complain and look ridiculous instead of just ignoring your mean girl behavior.

I've been shocked to see someone apologize for saying the regulars are mean here. There's nothing for which she should apologize: you are mean, awful people. I like the app and sometimes find the discussions helpful, even the moronic - is this normal - posts can make me feel better that I'm not a crazy person. But I'm fed up watching newbies bullied into leaving. Some won't care and probably never realized you were making fun of them. The comment above about the names really is spot on, but what's wrong with validating someone else's horrific name choice? That hypothetical woman sounds insecure and is reaching out. You don't have to agree or name your kid that, just say, "I don't know any names like that to suggest, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good luck!"

I would love to see more responses that are positive and supportive of each other, not just the vocal clique. Being pregnant, esp as a FTM, can be challenging. Now, I wonder how many of the women in the waiting room at my Obgyn are thoughtless and rude making catty comments in their heads when I'm just trying to do my best.

I (foolishly?) hope some of you will read this and reflect on your behavior and consider trying to act like kinder human beings. I'll try to actually participate in the future to try to drown out the mean and hateful comments.

Thank you for taking all of that time to bash all of us for how "mean" we supposedly are. If someone is new and takes their time to lurk and then participate, I can almost guarantee you that they wont be welcomed with snark. I am relatively new. When I first posted, I didnt take the time to lurk like I thought I did. I recieved some snark. Big deal. I got over it. Now I participate regularly and not one of these ladies has been nasty to me. Look where we are coming from. Someone new comes along. Posts something that has been asked and answered well more than once. How about I directly message you the same thing. Over. And over. And over again. Pretty sickening huh?

That's great! I'm so happy you found the experience endurable and ultimately positive. It sounds like you're really enjoying it here.

Not all newbies will have your fortitude, esp if they are overly emotional, weary, or otherwise overwrought. I would hope we could work towards a place where newbies aren't "getting over it", but are instead pleasantly redirected.

If you're to weary to redirect, then it's okay not to respond. No one wants to answer the same inane questions, I get that.

• Options
    Ugh. Too weary*

Speaking of weary!
  • Options

kuchick1 said:

Ok, I'm going to respond here because even though I tend to stay out of these posts, and generally feel that responding to posts like this is akin to banging my head against the wall, I take issue with a few things mentioned here. I just don't have the energy, time or compulsion to address them all. 

You've been reading for months, and as your introductory post you use this thread to essentially dictate how others are to respond to what you yourself call moronic threads. You've never chosen to reach out in a thread about a medical issue, or a loss, or even a dear diary post, to offer support of the kind you are demanding others show. I find this simultaneously smug, lazy and insincere. 

I suggest if you see posts that in your opinion are deserving of support, then offer it. Be the change you want to see in the world. Don't sit on the sidelines demanding others play by your set of rules. 

I agree! Today I hit my limit on watching the posts go by, and I've decided that if I want to see more positive things here, I need to post them. I don't want to be smug or lazy, so I'll give it a go.

Sorry, I thought introductory posts are out? I don't think I'm supposed to introduce myself, but I'm sure you'll learn more about me as I lost more. As a FTM and not a medical professional, I am unlikely to have anything of value for the gross medical threads, but they are fascinating.

Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    kuchick1 said:

kuchick1 said:

Thank you for taking all of that time to bash all of us for how "mean" we supposedly are. If someone is new and takes their time to lurk and then participate, I can almost guarantee you that they wont be welcomed with snark. I am relatively new. When I first posted, I didnt take the time to lurk like I thought I did. I recieved some snark. Big deal. I got over it. Now I participate regularly and not one of these ladies has been nasty to me. Look where we are coming from. Someone new comes along. Posts something that has been asked and answered well more than once. How about I directly message you the same thing. Over. And over. And over again. Pretty sickening huh?

That's great! I'm so happy you found the experience endurable and ultimately positive. It sounds like you're really enjoying it here.

Not all newbies will have your fortitude, esp if they are overly emotional, weary, or otherwise overwrought. I would hope we could work towards a place where newbies aren't "getting over it", but are instead pleasantly redirected.

If you're to weary to redirect, then it's okay not to respond. No one wants to answer the same inane questions, I get that.

If they are overly emotional, theres a place called babycenter for that. They will hold your hand through it all. Maybe you should try to go there? Ill stop responding to this nonsense now. Im getting a headache.

• Options
    KonaiNeto said:

kuchick1 said:

You want to answer the same questions over and over for self-centered, lazy people who can't be bothered to do their own research? You want to dole out hair pets and sympathy to people who will never respond and/or are either complaining about a situation which they made and/or refuse to do anything about, or are just making up stories either to get sympathy and attention or to rile up others? You want to pat people on the back because they want to name their child something that will likely make their child miserable, whether through constant confusion as to spelling or pronunciation or through incessant teasing? Have fun with that. Seriously, if it makes you happy, do it. But we won't. And if you don't like it, you can leave and find a place that agrees with your views on handling such situations. You can also suck it up and deal with the comments that you dislike. Or, you can do as you've done here, get on our case, and single yourself out for, as you call them "mean girl behavior". Which apparently means replying in any way that isn't perfectly supportive. So tell me. Has making your comment made you happy? Was it fulfilling? Are you pleased with the responses you've gotten? Do you want to read comments similar to these comments again? If so, go ahead, we'll oblige you another time or two, and then we'll just click ignore and never have to see another post from you again. Of course, you could ignore all of the people that make posts that you don't like, and not have to see any "mean girl" posts. But then, you'll be missing out on a good 80%+ of the posts on this board. I'm really not sure what other options there are here. Whatever you choose, I hope that you find it fulfilling.

Also, please note that we have never insulted others. We don't call them cruel, we don't call them names, we don't make disparaging remarks about what kind of people they are, or how fit they are to be a parent, or how dissatisfied their loved ones must be for having them in their lives. We just tell them that they really need to do their own damn research, that their names aren't very good and will likely lead to teasing, or that their problems are of their own making or are highly unlikely to be real. And there are newbs who have observed the culture of the board before posting and know how to be decent posters. Look at Shadeauxe. She is a newb (in my estimation, by dint of not having been around for at least a month), and yet she fits in fine here because she bothered to lurk and decide if this was the place for her before posting.

I really don't know where to start with this.. If you don't want to answer a question or reply, then don't. There, I think I solved it.

Whew. Again, I have been reading and lurking, and while you may not intend your behavior to sound mean or rude, I assure you that it is very much perceived like that.

I joined this app months ago, and I plan to find ways to participate more. Sometimes that may come out in annoying paladin or shining armor ways, I guess. Haha. I think there's enough here of value and enough great content that it pains me to watch it be eclipsed by snarky awful posts and jeering gifs.

Fwiw, to answer your question: no. This is not a good use of my time. I knew exactly how my post would be received as I've watched it play out many times these past months. It is exhausting fielding so much hate and meanness. But, as I said, eventually you have to decide if you want to put up or shut up. Here I am, putting up!

I hope we'll find some common ground in the future.

• Options

kuchick1 said:

kuchick1 said:

If they are overly emotional, theres a place called babycenter for that. They will hold your hand through it all. Maybe you should try to go there? Ill stop responding to this nonsense now. Im getting a headache.

Hmm I don't care for the baby center app. I much prefer the bump app. It would be tragic to relegate all these newbies to baby center.
  • Options

&nb We didn't demand the board cater to our happy, rainbow shitting unicorn ways.
    This is my favorite so far. Apparently in pregnant I'm a bit of a Pollyanna. I do want to be a rainbow shitting Unicorn; that would be amazing.

(First effort trying to snip on my phone... Danger!)

• Options
    kuchick1 said:

kuchick1 said:

kuchick1 said:

Hmm I don't care for the baby center app. I much prefer the bump app. It would be tragic to relegate all these newbies to baby center.
    Tragic? Is that the right word?

• Options
    DP&MB said:

I really wasn't going to respond to this, but the more I read the more I feel the need. I'm a newbie. Noone once has been mean to me or made me feel "bullied". In fact very opposite. I've posted 2 discussions and multiple replies and felt nothing less than a community of women helping each other out. If we were to ignore every ignorant, redundant and frankly immature post that comes across, we would never see the ones that matter and mean something. For example the poor women who have lost a baby or are going through serious issues with their LO. If you read those posts you will feel all the support in the world from strangers to strangers.

Fact of the matter is we are strangers, our feelings on names shouldn't matter. We aren't medical experts. We can offer advice from similar situations but we aren't doctors. You mentioned you've been here for 4 months. With all do respect, if you haven't gathered the sense of community in those 4 months, please lurk longer. These women are smart, strong women and have a lot to offer. My apologies to you, if you haven't been able to open your eyes to see that blessing.

I am so happy for you that you are having a great experience. Did I say 4 months? I'm honestly not sure how long it has been. As soon as I got a confirmation of my pregnancy I downloaded every free app I could.

I love that today he's as big as a cauliflower because that is a hilarious unit of measure.

I don't believe in prayer or blessings, so it's hard for me to comfort a stranger going through a loss, but I plan to try. Having broken the seal in posting and having made the decision to engage more with this internet community, I'll have to see where it goes. Probably too far! With two jobs and several volunteer board positions, I'll have to see what I can do. I do see great posts and content, I hope more new people will not be scared off by the loud echo chamber of snark.... They should see the good. With a little help and a lot of humanity, I think they can.?
  • Options
    DP&MB said:

kuchick1 said:

kuchick1 said:

kuchick1 said:

Tragic? Is that the right word?
    Reasonable people could disagree about the dramatics, but it's the word I meant to type. :)

• Options

kuchick1 said:

souptin said:

mbm1983 said:

SNIP

------------------------

@kuchick1‌ is here to save all the new people from us mean girls! Good for you! Who the hell are you anyway? Go away. :-@

Edited for a quote box fail.

Hey, thanks for asking.

FTM, unless you count my husband. Lurking for months, just made the decision that it was time to post today.

Have a great day!

• Options

Then go to the website. You do not need to use the app. Each smart phone is equipped with an internet browser. So much easier. 

If you do not like the board dynamic, find a different place you like and fit in. 
    Good tip. I have always accessed is the app, but I can check it out in my mobile browser. Can't look at it on my work computer, unfortunately.

Yeah... I debated a lot over whether to engage or ignore. I just feel so bad for the people who have had bad experiences here, so I've decided to be the change I want to see in the world. (Cue the violins). It would be good not to just tell people who want to help improve the site to leave. Let's grow the community instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"