September 2012 Moms

Friday Festivities

13»

Re: Friday Festivities

• IS THIS WEEK OVER YET?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @MarisaKathleen‌ thank you for recommending those pick your plum blankets a while ago, I just got them out of the wash and they are so cute and way nicer than I was expecting! All the kids are getting them for Christmas and I will totes be the favorite aunt!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • @redneckmomma25, how about asparagus in garlic and oil?

As for the cookies, our family will say stuff like that sometimes, thinking they're giving me a break, when really I'm happier if I can bake and contribute. I say make what you want to make. They'll eat them :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @MarisaKathleen‌ I got the blankets too!!! They came yesterday and I love them. Thanks for the tip!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • I don't have time to try a creamed corn recipe if anyone has a tried and true one I could do that. I didn't even think of asparagus. I think It's even on sale. I could do a couple quick batches on the stove. 
  • I don't have time to try a creamed corn recipe if anyone has a tried and true one I could do that. I didn't even think of asparagus. I think It's even on sale. I could do a couple quick batches on the stove. 
    I do mine in the crockpot and its one bag of corn, one block of cream cheese and one stick of butter.  BOOM, Cream Corn.  I usually have a lot of extra "Sauce" so I have been doing two bags to one block and one stick, but you can do whatever you like.  Easy peasy!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Brown sugar carrots are yummy. Just cooks carrots (slices or baby) by boiling or steaming. Then add butter and some brown sugar. Simple and yummy @redneckmomma25‌
  • Cream corn is gross,yo.Unless you like it.

I like the canned cream corn. No idea about real creamed corn though.
  • kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited December 2014
    Stasi said:

I'm trapped in a little quote box and can't get out!!

We did Christmas early this year (last weekend) and now I'm all sad hering everyone getting ready for Christmas next week. The upside? I'll be in Key Largo for 12 days starting tomorrow!!

@kelbel527 - I've also struggled to figure out how to use mint.com. It doesn't seem as organized or capture all my purchases properly...I just don't get it at all...any tips or tricks? I'm really bad with money and short of just journaling all my spending there is nothing that helps me budget.

@stasi - It's taken a little bit of time of managing my stuff in mint to make it a little more useful.  I spent a little bit of time up front teaching it how to capture my purchases.  For instance, our cafeteria at work was always showing up as something that didn't make sense.  So if you go to your transactions, you can set rules for certain places.  Now it always knows to classify it under food.

The most helpful piece for me was setting a budget by category.  Then when I go over budget in a certain category it notifies me and I can see where I'm overspending.  You can also set goals for how much you want to save each month and when you login it will tell you where you're at in your goal.  

I'm sure I'm not using it to it's full extent, but it helps me keep my spend a little more in check, especially in key categories that I know we typically overspend.  This month it told me that I've spent 10x my normal amount on "kids" which popped up because I spent a lot of $ at toys r us. 

The journaling is the most impactful piece for me, but it will also tell you how much you have left over after your income - expenses.  Then right now mine shows income - expenses - house buying goal (which is an amount I set that I want to set aside for the house each month) and the balance that's left after that.

Hope that makes any sense. 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Damn @pokedot, that is the WORST
    It sucks balls! I went to the walk in at 6pm and they were so slow I got in and out in 15 minutes! They electronically sent my script to the pharmacy. Go to my parents to pick B up and take a good hour doing it. Off to the pharmacy I go to pick up the drops. 45 f*ing minute wait on top of the hour! It thought of you and wanted to scream "Slap a GD sticker on it and let me leave." Ugh!

• Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited December 2014
    Add me to the 'feeling stressed' group.Christmas for the boys this year is going to be pretty low key. I have no idea what to get Colby so I'm just going to wander around toys r us this afternoon. I signed up for a free trial of Amazon prime when I placed an order on Friday so I could get the two day shipping but they aren't guaranteeing anything for Christmas. H served me with divorce papers, so I need to find an attorney and respond to them by jan 6th. I also have a ton of planning still to do for keagans birthday so I'm pretty pissed at him for adding this to my plate. He has been majorly kissing my ass the last few days after I called him out on screwing me over by filing for divorce. Oh, not sure if I told you guys but he was arrested last week also, so maybe he is trying to butter me up so I don't hold that over his head? Good luck with that dude, you dug your own grave. He is filing for joint custody, good thing he didn't serve me the papers in person I would have punched him in the face. Between me having to work the day after Christmas and the boys having the following week off from school I'm going to be making the 3 hour drive each way to my parents house 3 times in 6 days, including driving up and back Christmas Day. I'm really grumpy about it. And again, sorry about the wall o text, but I heart you ladies and I hope all the stresses resolve themselves and you are able to enjoy the holidays with your families!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Add me to the 'feeling stressed' group.Christmas for the boys this year is going to be pretty low key. I have no idea what to get Colby so I'm just going to wander around toys r us this afternoon. I signed up for a free trial of Amazon prime when I placed an order on Friday so I could get the two day shipping but they aren't guaranteeing anything for Christmas. H served me with divorce papers, so I need to find an attorney and respond to them by jan 6th. I also have a ton of planning still to do for keagans birthday so I'm pretty pissed at him for adding this to my plate. He has been majorly kissing my ass the last few days after I called him out on screwing me over by filing for divorce. Oh, not sure if I told you guys but he was arrested last week also, so maybe he is trying to butter me up so I don't hold that over his head? Good luck with that dude, you dug your own grave. He is filing for joint custody, good thing he didn't serve me the papers in person I would have punched him in the face. Between me having to work the day after Christmas and the boys having the following week off from school I'm going to be making the 3 hour drive each way to my parents house 3 times in 6 days, including driving up and back Christmas Day. I'm really grumpy about it. And again, sorry about the wall o text, but I heart you ladies and I hope all the stresses resolve themselves and you are able to enjoy the holidays with your families!

Hugs Holly. That's a lot to deal with and his timing is really shitty. Just do the best you can and try not to let him stress you out.
  • Ugh, Holly. I'm sorry :(. Can anyone come stay with you for the week? Or even part of the week? 
  • Add me to the 'feeling stressed' group.

Not quoting it all. Sorry, love. May Karma come back and bite him in his ass for being an ass.
    This exactly. And may he cut the shenanigans just long enough to not screw with your holidays any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"