D.C. Area Babies

Alexandria OB recommendations

Hi, I am newer to this area and I need some OB recommendations. Right now, I do have my first appt. Scheduled with Physicians and Midwives. They are close by and I know they take my insurance (Tricare Standard). The only thing I am uncertain of is how you rotate through the midwives and Dr.s. This is different from my previous pregnancies, where I only saw 1 Dr. Did anyone use Physicians and Midwives? Did like your experience? Any other recommendations? Thank you!

Re: Alexandria OB recommendations

• I didn't love that office when I went. Our OB office is great and there are only 4 doctors. OBGynNOVA.com
  • I delivered in Arlington - Patricia Bannon 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I think with most big practices around here, you'll find the same thing with rotating doctors.  I go to Physicians for Women in Alexandria and delivered at INOVA Alexandria.  They have 4-5 doctors and you have to meet with each one of them before your due date.  And whichever dr is on call at the time you go into labor is the one who delivers the baby.  I love Dr. Hibshman.  She is my primary but she did not deliver my first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cannot say enough how amazing Dr. Siegel is at Physicians for Women...LOVE this practice!

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• I am 14 weeks and currently go to physicians and midwives too. Honestly I like the flexibility of being able to go to a number of different offices at any time, any day for my appointments. The trade off there is that you can see anyone, not just "your doctor". It was weird at first to think "I might not know the midwife delivering my baby" but I'm more comfortable with it now that I've seen so many different providers and they all have been great.

I think your comfort is the most important thing. If you're having second thoughts now, try out some different providers. Use Zocdoc to see reviews and check whether they take your insurance. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"