School-Aged Children

good scooter for 5 yr olds who can't ride regular bikes yet?

I specify b/c I dont know how well they'll balance but I also think they're too old to get them the 3 wheeled kind...I'm hoping using a scooter will help them learn to balance on a bike? (maybe I'm crazy :) ).
is razor scooter the way to go? I know nothing about scooters.

Re: good scooter for 5 yr olds who can't ride regular bikes yet?

• OK so i just looked up razor scooters and there appear to be a billion different kinds...???
  • My boys have the razor a scooters and at age 3 were flying around. My 5 yr old still uses his, but my almost 7 yr old and 8 yr old only ride their bikes. I have a feeling my youngest will be following suit soon. But I think the two wheel ones really do help with balance. My 5 yr old is just short and has a tough time pushing the pedals on his bike.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • We just bought our son a Razor RDS dirt scooter.  He hasn't tried it yet since its a christmas gift but we chose it b/c you can use it on all terrain...grass,dirt etc. Where we live there is more gravel/grass then pavement so this was a good option for us. It also had great reviews. 
  • My kids had Razor scooters before they could ride a 2 wheeler.  I think it helped with balance.  My kids, even at age 10 and 14 will still toodle around the driveway on their Razors.  We live on a main road, so they're not riding over to a friend's house or just hanging out. When we go biking, it's a whole-family thing.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Thanks! I was searching around again today & amazon was running a special on the Razor A for $17 so I went for it...!
  • All of mine have Razors. They love them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"