School-Aged Children
Options

good scooter for 5 yr olds who can't ride regular bikes yet?

I specify b/c I dont know how well they'll balance but I also think they're too old to get them the 3 wheeled kind...I'm hoping using a scooter will help them learn to balance on a bike? (maybe I'm crazy :) ).
is razor scooter the way to go? I know nothing about scooters.

Re: good scooter for 5 yr olds who can't ride regular bikes yet?

• Options
    OK so i just looked up razor scooters and there appear to be a billion different kinds...???
  • Options
    My boys have the razor a scooters and at age 3 were flying around. My 5 yr old still uses his, but my almost 7 yr old and 8 yr old only ride their bikes. I have a feeling my youngest will be following suit soon. But I think the two wheel ones really do help with balance. My 5 yr old is just short and has a tough time pushing the pedals on his bike.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just bought our son a Razor RDS dirt scooter.  He hasn't tried it yet since its a christmas gift but we chose it b/c you can use it on all terrain...grass,dirt etc. Where we live there is more gravel/grass then pavement so this was a good option for us. It also had great reviews. 
  • Options
    My kids had Razor scooters before they could ride a 2 wheeler.  I think it helped with balance.  My kids, even at age 10 and 14 will still toodle around the driveway on their Razors.  We live on a main road, so they're not riding over to a friend's house or just hanging out. When we go biking, it's a whole-family thing.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Thanks! I was searching around again today & amazon was running a special on the Razor A for $17 so I went for it...!
  • Options
    All of mine have Razors. They love them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"