Multiples
Options

Twins switching places at 33 weeks

ksgsmuksgsmu member
edited December 2014 in Multiples
Wondering if any ladies had this happen towards the end...

Went for Growth scan yesterday and my babies (di/di) switched places with oneanother... MFM said it can happen but not often at this late of date.   I knew I had a ton of movement last week and I thought maybe one had turned head down but this seemed a bit odd.  Now baby b is down closest to my cervix (breech) and baby a moved up and is transverse.  I am having a c section so position is not a huge deal.  Just wondering who will be born first.  They have a weight differential so I think we be able to tell who is who still no matter what.  It was quite the confusing scan!  Now I have no idea which baby is kicking me.
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Twins switching places at 33 weeks

• Options
    I was told with a C-section, the one born first is whoever the OB can get to first.  I knew my baby A was on my left, and my baby B was on my right, so during the c-section I just asked my nurse and my husband to remind me to ask the OB which side he was grabbing from.  My baby A ended up being baby A after birth, too.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if my babies switched places, or their labels just changed. Until 32 weeks, baby A had been the one on my right. Then at 32w, the MFM started calling the baby on my left baby A! I was so confused. I don't think they flipped positions, just that the baby on the left ended up closer to the exit. Then at 35w, they were both head down and at the exact same station, so now there's no telling who will be born first. So confusing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Switching places was my only hope for a vag delivery. I was hoping B would displace A bc B tended to be head down but A had been breech forever. Didn't happen that way, though. A's bum was wedged way down in there.

It is true that whoever comes out first is A, regardless of how they were labeled in utero. My baby A was in distress, so he had to come out first.

• Options
    Mine switched! Baby "A" was born 2nd :) I had to make sure they knew that the baby on left was named "Rylee" and baby on right "Madi" - that was very important for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"