Parenting

Happy Feelings! Let's drink!

Re: Happy Feelings! Let's drink!

• stra0111 said:
    Do people actually pay for shit on games like this? I looked and there was an option for a package that cost $100!!! Who spends that kind of money on this shit?
    Truly game addicted people. My aunt used to spend money on Farmville. I refuse to do that. 

• I am playing someone named princess Maddie LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Srsly @JNerd‌ please explain flower vodka. Sounds awful. Like inhaling perfume.

It's Hychintha pomegranate
  • JNerd said:

Srsly @JNerd‌ please explain flower vodka. Sounds awful. Like inhaling perfume.

It's Hychintha pomegranate
    How do you drink it? Mixed? Straight? Still sounds perfumey.
    I drink it with soda water.
    It tastes light and flower-y.
    It's not the worst, but I won't buy it again.
  • I'm on trivia crack but used my FB to use it. Soooo idk what my @ name is.
    Click 3 bars at the top to go to your profile.

• Fuck. Now is probably not a good time to try and place this elf all stealthily on a shelf or some shit. I'm out of ideas.
  • stra0111 said:

Fuck. Now is probably not a good time to try and place this elf all stealthily on a shelf or some shit. I'm out of ideas.

Just bend him over a toy- buttfucking style
  • That sounds like a good plan @JNerd‌ . DD2 is still wonderfully oblivious to such things. Today, she fell on the floor and smacked her hands down. When I picked her up and snuggled her, she told me she fell and her hands went like this (and proceeded to smack her hands off my boobs like they were bongos).
  • Serious question.
    Squeaker and I bed share. My anxiety is better if she is there beside me instead of me getting up eleventy times in the night to check on her.
    Hubby is off until jan 5. We want to move her into her room/crib.
    Any tips on how to do this? Esp for the MOTN wake ups?
    She is 6mo.
    And we have a 2.5yr old, so CIO would wake him, and that is really not something we want to do.
  • JNerd said:
    Serious question. Squeaker and I bed share. My anxiety is better if she is there beside me instead of me getting up eleventy times in the night to check on her. Hubby is off until jan 5. We want to move her into her room/crib. Any tips on how to do this? Esp for the MOTN wake ups? She is 6mo. And we have a 2.5yr old, so CIO would wake him, and that is really not something we want to do.
    You could get one of those baby angel monitors to help you with the anxiety of her being ok. 

• JNerd said:

Serious question.
    Squeaker and I bed share. My anxiety is better if she is there beside me instead of me getting up eleventy times in the night to check on her.
    Hubby is off until jan 5. We want to move her into her room/crib.
    Any tips on how to do this? Esp for the MOTN wake ups?
    She is 6mo.
    And we have a 2.5yr old, so CIO would wake him, and that is really not something we want to do.

You could get one of those baby angel monitors to help you with the anxiety of her being ok. 

We have one.
    She is a bit of a snuggler though. Sometimes won't calm down (not needing to eat) unless I am beside her or touching her in some way
  • I do feel like I'm drinking a flower. It's weird.
  • We started bed sharing because she was teething and waking every 45min. I couldn't get up to soothe her that often and still parent her and the toddler the next day.
    Now she is used to sleeping in our bed (maybe will last 10mins in her crib).

Hubby isn't comfortable sleeping with her in bed so he is on the couch.

I miss sleeping beside him. Like, a lot.
  • Does anyone else hear that commercial for the Nesspresso virtuo line say "start a revolution..." and immediately think "polluting the airwaves, a devil, so just let me revel and bask in the fact that I got everyone kissing my ass?
  • I don't like Love Actually either
    Never seen it. I'm not a chick flick gal. 

• JNerd said:

We started bed sharing because she was teething and waking every 45min. I couldn't get up to soothe her that often and still parent her and the toddler the next day.
    Now she is used to sleeping in our bed (maybe will last 10mins in her crib).

Hubby isn't comfortable sleeping with her in bed so he is on the couch.

I miss sleeping beside him. Like, a lot.

Where does she nap?
    If alone, on my bed.
    When it's DS's nap time, she is under one arm, he is under the other (he is a snuggler too) and the three of us are in his twin bed. We all get 2/2.5 hrs in that way.
  • I just noticed that Pinterest put these random "picked for you" pins on your timeline now. They're not from boards I follow. 

• Avswolf said:

I went to my company party alone (DH had to teach karate) and somehow I wound up sitting at a table alone when the White Elephant started. I finished my beer and left, only to come home and find out DH and the littles are at my parents' house. Fuck it. If no one wants to be with me then Imma gonna get drunk.

I wanna be with you.

TWSS
  • @RegalMama Well, I ment to write rebel but fucked it up and wrote devil. It's Eminem lyrics..I guess it's just me who does that lol
  • It's awesome cuz we all get snuggled and both kids sleep longer when snuggled. And- most importantly- I get my nap in too.

I could try moving her into her crib for her other naps thoigh...
  • Didn't read but I am here. Sick in bed. No booze. Although my house is fully stocked since we had leftovers from my party and people gave me booze for gifts too.
    I have that crackaly wheezy chest thing and am pretty miserable. Hope I wake up feeling better
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Avswolf said:

JNerd said:

Avswolf said:

I went to my company party alone (DH had to teach karate) and somehow I wound up sitting at a table alone when the White Elephant started. I finished my beer and left, only to come home and find out DH and the littles are at my parents' house. Fuck it. If no one wants to be with me then Imma gonna get drunk.

I wanna be with you.

TWSS
    That's the sweetest thing anyone's said to me today. :x
    You are totes awesome. Like, I want to hang with you IRL.
    We would have the best talks and the best-ER drinks.
  • @BrightEyes112‌ I'm down with starting that trend. As I am laying with my 3 year old, in her bed. While DH is sleeping with DD2 in our bed. This is my first time not sleeping with DD2 since she was born. I'm trying not to freak out. But I'm trying to wean her and being an all night buffet is wearing on me.
  • I totally set up the video monitor on DH and DD2. I'm just laying here watching them. I'm crazy aren't I....and maybe a tad creepy.
  • Avswolf said:

JNerd said:

Avswolf said:

JNerd said:

Avswolf said:

I wanna be with you.

TWSS
    You're making me blush.I am totally up for finding a way to meet.
    For realz????
    Cuz I am all over that.

Hubby gets May Long as a boys weekend and I get the August long weekend to do whatever I want.

• I'm having a bad night.

Hard nights are hard.

We are here.

And we have alcohol.

Lots of alcohol.
  • I'm having a bad night.

Wish I could make it better for you
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DS and I are staying at my mom's because MH is going hunting early morning tomorrow (3-4am) and I don't like being alone at night. MH just told me he's at a friend's drinking so that's annoying. It's as if he suggested me and DS stay at my mom's so he could go drink. DS won't let me leave the fucking room. My anxiety is the worst it's been in months. I'm going to throw shit or punch a wall.

I am her for you with the anxiety. Mine is too.
    We can be together in this.

And biggest hugs.
    Maybe think that snuggles are short lived and taken them while you can?
  • @triplea598‌ I would probably be pissed at DH too if he said he was going hunting early in the a.m. and is drinking at midnight instead. I know what you mean, the last 2 times I stayed at my mom's I thought it would be cool, but once nighttime rolled around,I would feel all panicky and alone. It's a shitty feeling. Hugs
  • JNerd said:

Avswolf said:

JNerd said:

Avswolf said:

JNerd said:

Avswolf said:

I wanna be with you.

TWSS
    You're making me blush.I am totally up for finding a way to meet.
    For realz????
    Cuz I am all over that.

Hubby gets May Long as a boys weekend and I get the August long weekend to do whatever I want.

Um, dibs
    I'm for realz in for a meetup august long. No kids. All the alcohol.
    It's far enough away that I can save up for it.
  • I'm exhausted but totally anxious and can't sleep. Anxiety is a bitch. "You are being unreasonably anxious about this and there's nothing to worry about. BUTWHATIFTHEREIS!!!?!?!? You're just sitting here doing nothing!!!" Is what my brain is doing. Fuck.

Yup.
    Honestly, do what you need to do to deal with the anxiety.
    The rest will sort itself out.
    And people that don't understand anxiety can FRO.
  • JNerdJNerd member
    edited December 2014
    I'm a blanket hog. And I like blankets up to the chin.
  • Drinking. Adam from Microsoft just called me, not nearly drunk enough for that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"