August 2015 Moms
Options

What week and day did you hear a heartbeat?

KencranKencran member
edited December 2014 in August 2015 Moms
Just curious for those who are getting their early ultrasounds if you heard the heartbeat what week and day were you? Trying to see if I can get away with checking at 6 weeks 5 days or if I should just wait until 8 weeks?

Re: What week and day did you hear a heartbeat?

• Options
    The earliest ultrasound I have ever had was 7w6d and we had a heartbeat. 6w5d you will *most likely* be able to. If you're concerned just wait until 8w. It really isn't that much longer.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    I SAW mine at 6 weeks 3 days. My doctor doesn't do a doppler ultrasound till later.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I went in at 7wks and was measuring 2 days ahead (7wks2d). The heartbeat was a beautiful 141. I went in so early because of constant spotting/feAr of ectopic.

Going in tomorrow also at 7wks and hoping with all my heart for the same result.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    I saw a flicker today at 6w0d, but the HR was still slow (80). This wasn't a planned U/S but I've been bleeding. Unless there is an indication for an early scan, it might be wise not to borrow trouble. Some people don't see a heartbeat until 7 weeks.

TTC since Sept. 2013
    09/14: New anterior 3cm Fibroid on U/S, no change in size 11/14
    10/14: SA normal
    12/14: next RE appointment - cancelled due to BFP
    BFP on 11/21/14, EDD 08/03/15

• Options

I WISH I could wait until my original us which was scheduled at 9 weeks but because I had this side ache, they want me to come in at exactly 6 weeks. I'm nervous it won't be there and even though I know it's a "you may see it/you may not" situation at that stage, not seeing it will still freak me out and make me worry. :(

Im in the same boat as you. Due to my previous losses they want me to come in and 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks 3 days. I'm afraid not seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks will cause me more stress even though I know it's completely normal if I don't. With DS I saw a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks 1 day.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @MoonandBack141‌ it's Monday the 15th.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm going tomorrow. Dr wants me in early because of a previous loss. I think at this point I'm only 5 weeks and a couple days. (Pregnant right after a m/c so unsure of dates). I feel like this appt is going to cause me more stress than anything :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I saw/heard mine at 6 weeks, 4 days! :)
  • Options
    Hello im 6 weeks 1 day... i had my first appointment on the 3rd of dec, i was told there was a moderate subchorionic bleed but i have not spotted so far. I went to see a very experienced gyn and she asked me to return on friday 12th dec for another u/s. I am veru excited but alao very worried as i had a miscarriage in june of this year
  • Options
    I knw the feeling. Just keep praying and hope for the best
  • Options

I went in today. I am 6 weeks 1 day since my last period, but I measured at 6 weeks 5 days. They showed me a little flutter that they claim was a heart beat. The heart rate was 115 bpm. I thought that seemed a little on the low side but they assured me that this is perfectly normal for this early and that at my next u/s it will probably be in the 140s to 150s.

They scheduled me for my next appointment in 5 weeks.

• Options
    I saw mine at 6 weeks 3 days.  You could see the flutter on the screen better than you could actually hear the heartbeat.  
  • Options
    I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Sunday. I'm so excited to hear the heartbeat!! :)
  • Options
    I have an u/s scheduled for next Friday, I will be 7w5d. I can't wait!! I hope to see that everything is on track with the baby and hear a strong heartbeat!
  • Options
    @keitha564‌ i had a subchorianic bleed with my dd. I had two boughts of bleeding, 1 of which was severe enough for an er visit. They can be very scary, but i was told that they usually resolve themselves without any harm. Hope it goes away fast for you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kamio92kamio92 member
    edited December 2014
    I was 6 weeks 1 day. I wasn't sure how far along I was so my doc ordered a scan. I couldn't hear the heart beat but I did get to see the flicker on screen :)

116 beats per minute :)
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Options
    I had a scan today 6w1d. No HB, but I go back on the 23rd. It is going to be worse than the 2ww. Good luck on your scan!
    ***Trigger Warning: Living and loss mentioned***

First TTC Journey: 

- Failed attempts at clomid with OB
    - HSG with OB, nothing found
    - Met with RE. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy done on 08/04/2014. Results: Hymenal stenosis, minimal endometriosis, and PCOS
    BFP #1: 11/26/2014, IT'S A BOY!
  • Options
    How come you guys have had an early ultrasound??
    I had 2 losses before my 3yr old and had lots of bleeding with him and have been told I can only have an early scan if bleeding altho am worried sick with this one(6wks2d)....
  • Options
    I saw it at 6w1d and 6w4d. ... the one at 4d was much better though, we could actually see it bumping on the screen.
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have my first prenatal appointment scheduled for 12/29. I'll be 8 weeks and 2 days. They said they weren't going to do an ultrasound OR a doppler to see if there is a heartbeat! I'm so freakin' upset! I have had 2 miscarriages and twins and triplets run rampid in my family on BOTH sides. Why would they NOT see if they could see anything at 8 weeks?! UGH! I want to punch the lady that answeres the phones at my doctor's office right in the face!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I saw it at 6w 0d. It was the most beautiful little flicker I've ever seen!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went in today for an ultrasound. I am 6w1d but measured 5w6d with a heartbeat of 100. Dr said its at the very low end of normal and wants to recheck in 2 weeks. I was going to announce to family at Christmas, but not sure now. Ugh...
  • Options
    I'm not being offered one until 12 weeks. The wait is frustrating but at least we won't be challenged but looking to early (seeing only a sac, slow hr etc).
    You'll get to see your baby well developed.just trying to look on the positives! This is what I tell myself.
    I work with sonographers though and am very tempted!!
  • Options
    Doctor scheduled my first ultrasound at 7w3d. We saw Little Fella's heart pulsing like crazy in the ultrasound and heard it beating a strong 141 BPM. Said he/she measured right on track. 
  • Options
    I'm 7w4d today. 1st u/s scheduled for Tues 12-23. It cannot get here soon enough!!!
  • Options
    We saw a beautiful, steady flicker at today's u/s and dated 5w6d, but couldn't get the position right to hear it.  
    About Me: My Aug15 BMB Intro
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers beach
    Aug 15 BMB Jan Siggy Challenge: Mean Girls ... tbd
    Pregnancy%20ticker BabyGaga BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had one done on the 16th, I was 6 weeks and a few days, saw a tiny heartbeat and baby was measuring 5 weeks 6 days, the tech wasn't able to get a good spot on it because it was so tiny to be able to hear it but we definitely saw it flickering away.
  • Options
    We thought it was 7w1d but baby measured 6w3d and we had a heartbeat on the ultrasound.
  • Options
    You can buy a device on Amazon to heart the heartbeat yourself whenever you want!
  • Options
    fyi re: @cosplaymom's suggestion - those usually don't work until you're at least into 2nd tri, since they're transabdominal vs what gets done early on in the game (transvaginal)
    About Me: My Aug15 BMB Intro
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers beach
    Aug 15 BMB Jan Siggy Challenge: Mean Girls ... tbd
    Pregnancy%20ticker BabyGaga BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    7w2d I was able to hear the heartbeat. ❤️
  • Options
    We had our first ultrasound @ 6wks1day and didn't see a heart beat. We figured out I ovulated late. Had a 2nd ultrasound today on 7wks2days and saw/heard the heart beat. Figure I'm now 6wks2days based on measurements.
  • Options
    I saw and heard it at 6w4d.
  • Options
    MikEricaMikErica member
    edited December 2014
    I saw my baby's heartbeat @ 6w3d.
  • Options
    I went in because of some bleeding at 5w5d, and they couldn't see the heartbeat. Dr. said sometimes they can see it that early. He had me come back to check again at 6w0d, and I saw the heartbeat. :)
  • Options
    Love this mantra - thank you!! :)
  • Options
    We heard our baby's heart beat ar 6wks exactly. On Dec 18,14.
  • Options
    It's good to hear so many others have bleeding. It's scary, but our us last week at 7w4d was just fine and showed a heartbeat so I'm trying not to worry.
  • Options
    I just had my US at 7 weeks and didn't have a heartbeat. I'm going back next week... Please pray for me!
  • Options
    They didn't see anything at my 6.5wk appt (doc doesn't usually see you until 8 wks but I have early high blood pressure from genetics so she wanted to see me early to put me on the right medicine). I go back Jan 2nd can't wait! I hope I see something & hear heart beat! I am so anxious and my husband wants to tell everyone bc hes excited bc it's out first but I am nervous until next appt etc. My periods are all over the place so she said we could be a little early...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"