August 2015 Moms
Options

For all the teachers

Only a few days left till Winter break for most, some lucky few are already out.  This sums up perfectly how I feel and thought I would share.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                  BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

Re: For all the teachers

• Options
    We go until Friday, then two weeks off! I told my kids, jokingly, yesterday that they need to act like human children until then. 
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    We have full days the rest of this week. We just had one of our Sp. Ed. ladies pass on this week, and my students have guessed/hope that I'm KU. All I hear in class is crying and Squealing.

I did get a really nice card though. . . .

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go until next Tuesday as well....
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• Options
    We get out 1/2 in Friday! Thank you Lord! Rest, that's all I want.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! My 4th graders are like wild animals this week. Can't wait to see how crazy Friday will be.
  • Options
    We are half day Friday also. We also have a no movie policy, but no one follows it. The thought being "what are they going to do, fire us?"@BrassyClarinet deer hunting cracked me up.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Last day Friday! We're watching Frozen while I clean the room
  • Options

How do you have the energy? If we watch a movie, I will sit at my desk and try not to fall asleep. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we go next Monday and Tuesday, too. my 5th graders are NOT on the nice list right now! ha
  • Options
    We have a half day on Friday then off for two weeks!!! Yay!
  • Options
    We go until Tuesday.  Maybe I am crazy, but I don't mind.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I give one more final tomorrow and then I'm off! We've just had students from 8-12 this week for exams. SO READY! :)
  • Options
    Juuusssst...maaaaake it....to friiiiidaaaay....
    I'm more excited than the kids! Anyone else's class acting crazy?! I didn't know who the animals were that showed up today!
  • Options

Juuusssst...maaaaake it....to friiiiidaaaay.... I'm more excited than the kids! Anyone else's class acting crazy?! I didn't know who the animals were that showed up today!
    My kids are only in preschool (3 and 4) and they even act crazy this time of year. I think it's the excess sugar and the excitement. It drains me! 3:30 everyday never comes fast enough! I love my students but 8 hours with 17 three's and four's is exhausting! LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That sounds EXACTLY like my Kinders!
  • Options
    We get two full weeks this year too, and I couldn't be more excited about it! The kids are out of their minds. haha I can't wait for it to be 4:00 on Friday!

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    We get two full weeks this year too, and I couldn't be more excited about it! The kids are out of their minds. haha I can't wait for it to be 4:00 on Friday!

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    You ladies who teach the little ones are so brave..... Don't know how you do it!
  • Options
    My 7th graders have lost their minds this week! We just finished reading a Christmas Carol so they're going to watch the film and compare and contrast between the movie and the text. Yay common core! ;;)
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    edited December 2014
    Little ones I can handle.  Older kiddos not so much. Upper level teachers, I don't know how you do it.  My Chemical Romance's song "Teenagers Scare the Living Shit Out of Me" perfectly describes why I am so impressed with middle and high school teachers.

I have so many kids out sick and my kids' minds have already shut down, that I don't think I will take grades on anything we do this week. 

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options

How do you have the energy? If we watch a movie, I will sit at my desk and try not to fall asleep. Lol
    My exhaustion kicks in around 7 at night. I'm normally good during the day. Plus, I refuse to come back to the stacks of paper I have all over the place.
  • Options
    BethKate2 said:

Are you in a public school? It's pretty common where I am to get 10 full days out of school
  • Options
    @Kath1083‌ - I've always said I have more patience for little ones, who are still learning, than older children and adults who should know better when acting like jerks! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It's my first year and I am so ready for our half day tomorrow to get some rest, although my 4th graders have been extra sweet because I've been "sick"! And the sweet gifts they bring are so cute! (I'm sure I sound like a first year-er!)
  • Options
    I teach a self contained middle school special ed class.....definitley feeling the crazy this week!!! We are done tomorrow and then off for 2 weeks....definitley looking forward to some relaxation!
  • Options
    Our last day before break is tomorrow but I am currently at home with a fever and congestion. The combination of hormones and exhaustion caused me to lash out at the students sneezing and coughing everywhere without covering their mouths and now I am sick. So frustrating because I don't have anymore sick days left!
  • Options
    We get out tomorrow and don't come back for 2 full weeks! Woo!! I had a panic attack this morning when I realized how much grading I've been pushing off "to grade over break"! Yikes!!! I need the time to relax, now that I'm preg again!
  • Options
    @artteacher19‌ I am the same way about meaning to use a break to catch up on grading. My problem is I never do it until the day before we have to be back.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Same here!! I am busting through at least some of it here today... lessening the pile will hopefully help!
  • Options
    Wanted to share.... You've all been there. I don't have kids on a regular basis but one of our teachers was out today and no sub for a 1/2 day. So, I took her class. I was feeling horrible. Needing to throw up so badly. This little one walks in and is like, I don't feel good. I looked up and I saw what was about to happen. At least she made it to the garbage can. Ugggggg. Not the way I wanted to start my day but it's over!

Happy two weeks!!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wanted to share.... You've all been there. I don't have kids on a regular basis but one of our teachers was out today and no sub for a 1/2 day. So, I took her class. I was feeling horrible. Needing to throw up so badly. This little one walks in and is like, I don't feel good. I looked up and I saw what was about to happen. At least she made it to the garbage can. Ugggggg. Not the way I wanted to start my day but it's over! Happy two weeks!!!!!!

It's always at the worst time too. One year for me was a student during the school spelling bee. They had to stop the bee, clear out all the classes watching and clean the floor before starting the bee again.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    For all the teachers here:  Are you happy about your due date being in August?  Mine is August 30th so it will give me an extended summer break, but I don't like the idea of someone else starting the year and then coming back into it for some reason. 

If you're due in the beginning of August how/when to you plan to come back to school? 
    TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha I'm glad I'm not alone about "saving" grading for break and waiting until the last day to do it! I also am nervous because I'm due Aug 14, so someone else will need to start out my classroom next year. How are you all planning to handle that?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have to go back on Monday which is so silly! We've already had class parties, a concert, and passed out gifts in case kids don't show up. Only thing left is a card exchange. I work in a 3-4grade self-contained class so not setting up the room is a bit concerning. But we've been ttc for so long just thankful fir the BFP. I'm hoping they will be able to find someone to start this summer since our program runs in July so I can help get things started. I also have fantastic teacher assistants who know the routine.
    Me & DH: 30
    Me: Special Education Teacher
    TTC for #1 since February 2013
    Me: normal HSG, normal TSH
    DH: Hypothyroidism, 1 abnormal and 1 "ok" SA, abnormal blood work
    Urologist scheduled 3rd SA and more blood work for Dec. canceled dec. 16 appt
    Got our BFP dec. 12th.

• Options
    I have been thinking the same thing....
  • Options
    lcwed said:

Wanted to share.... You've all been there. I don't have kids on a regular basis but one of our teachers was out today and no sub for a 1/2 day. So, I took her class. I was feeling horrible. Needing to throw up so badly. This little one walks in and is like, I don't feel good. I looked up and I saw what was about to happen. At least she made it to the garbage can. Ugggggg. Not the way I wanted to start my day but it's over!

Happy two weeks!!!!!!

It's always at the worst time too. One year for me was a student during the school spelling bee. They had to stop the bee, clear out all the classes watching and clean the floor before starting the bee again.

Yes! We were in a field trip at a planetarium. One if mine threw up and they shut down that whole area. Poor things. I hate parents send them sick.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am due August 10 which is the second week of school. I have a pull out position so I only pull kids for about 1 hour a day. It doesn't seem so over whelming to me. If I were still a regular classroom teacher I'd be concerned. However, I plan to work til I pop. :) I want to save all of my days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so relieved to be on break! I brought home some work to do and I'm going to really try not save it til that final Sunday!

The timing stinks, but I'm just happy to be pregnant. I'll make it work! I'll set dates when I talk with work at 12+ weeks, but I'm hoping to return around Thanksgiving.
    August 2015 January Siggy: Favorite Mean Girl

*BFP #1 9/10/11 Natural m/c 11/1/11 at 11 weeks, 5 days*
    *Diagnosed as unexplained infertility*
    *BFP #2 12/6/14 after IUI#2 Hopeful! EDD 8/14/15*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same concern. My school is a failing school. I'm worried that if my school is closed I won't be able to find a job while 9 months pregnant.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"