March 2012 Moms
Options

All of the sudden DS scared to go to sleep!

Vans18Vans18 member
edited December 2014 in March 2012 Moms
Hello all mothers!

I'm awfully tired! My DS has been a good sleeper since I could remember. We do our nightly routine (bath, brush,read, sleep) with no problems. Well it's been about 2 weeks now where he will not let me leave him in his room. He will cry as soon as we walk into his room and will not let me go unless I stay there until he falls a sleep- in which sometimes it'll take 1-2 hours!! So yes..it has not been fun, I just want him to get some sleep and not be afraid. I'm not sure if its separation anxiety he's going through or he is now ready for a toddler bed. If anyone is going through this please help! I need some feedback. Thanks :(

Re: All of the sudden DS scared to go to sleep!

• Options
    @Nicb13 I do ask him and he just tells me not to leave and that he wants me to stay with him. I ask him if hes afraid of something and he says no. Just wants me there. He also says that he doesn't want to be inside his crib. :(
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe he is ready for a toddler bed. Maybe he doesn't like being "trapped" in his crib and not able to get to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmm, maybe he is ready for a toddler bed. Maybe he doesn't like being "trapped" in his crib and not able to get to you.

I agree with this. Also, the bed transition was pretty smooth for us. Try not to fear it too much. It helped us to call it her "new bed" instead of "big girl bed" so she didn't feel like she was making some major life transition, too.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your input. I agree...maybe its time for his toddler bed. I will be making that change soon :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"