C-sections

advice: scared im going to go into labor before csec

I had a scheduled c section because of gd with dd1who is now three. Im pretty sure im in the minority, but I was totally fine needing a scheduled c. The thought of going into labor and having a vaginal delivery made me so anxious. So I definitely had a sense of relief when I was told I had to have a c section. Im 33 weeks now and also scheduled for another c.section at 39 weeks but im so nervous im going to go into labor before then. Did anyone go into labor before scheduled c? Because ive never been in labor im scared its going to happen and its going to happen fast! Am I just being crazy?

Re: advice: scared im going to go into labor before csec

• I had my c section for DD#2 scheduled at 39 weeks and my water broke at 36 weeks. I gathered my stuff and drove 2 hours at 2 am to the hospital. I had no other progress even by 6 am. My C section was done at 7am.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • RayRay007RayRay007 member
    edited October 2014
    If you go into labour before your scheduled c/s, just go to the hospital sooner than later in labour and tell them you're there for a c/s. They won't make you labour for any extended period of time (you might have to wait for an OR to open).

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No big deal. I had 3 scheduled c sections and went into labor 2 out of 3 times. Just called the doctor, went to the hospital and had the c sections. Saved me the trouble of going for pre-op testing.
  • I went into labor before my scheduled RCS with baby #2 and it was no big deal.   My water broke before I started feeling contractions.  I called the hospital, showered, was tested to make sure my water had actually broken, and had DS about four hours after the whole process started (I was having regular but bearable contractions at that point).  If it had been an urgent situation I'm sure it would have been faster.  If you've never been in labor before it's very unlikely that anything would happen too fast for you to get into the OR before you start having strong contractions.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I had a scheduled csection at 39 weeks and went into labor at 36 weeks. My doctor knew I wanted to try a vbac so he let me labor but with me not dilating again(14 hours to a 1 cm) we decided to stop laboring(due to complications) and go for a csection. Good luck Hun. And your nurses and doctors are there for you if you need them :)
  • jllmb79 said:
    I had my c section for DD#2 scheduled at 39 weeks and my water broke at 36 weeks. I gathered my stuff and drove 2 hours at 2 am to the hospital. I had no other progress even by 6 am. My C section was done at 7am.

I had a similar experience, my RCS for #2 was scheduled for 39w2d, but I was having regular contractions at 36w4d beginning at midnight, timed for 3hrs, then decided to go to the hospital. I was 5cm dilated, they gave me medication to stop the contractions and slow down the labor, and had surgery/delivered baby at 7:30 a.m. that morning.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went into labor right before my RCS. We arrived about 15 minutes before we were supposed to and when they checked me I was already at 7cm w a bulging bag of water. I was in so much pain, contractions right on top of one another. By the time the doctor got there and ready (about 45 minutes), I was at 9cm and felt like I was dying. No pain meds.

They wheeled me to the OR and my son was born at 7:11am, RCS was scheduled for 7:30am.

I wish I went to the hospital sooner than I did. I didn't think I was actually in labor for half the night, just thought it was anxiety from the RCS. Once I knew I was in labor, I didn't think I was progressing that quickly.

My advice, as soon as you know you are in labor, head to the hospital sooner rather than later

• I wouldn't worry to much about it I'm scheduled to have my second csection but my doctor told me if I go into labor or my water breaks to just go to the hospital and they will take me back for my csection
  • I was scheduled to have a c section with my first (at 42 weeks) but I went I to labor 4 days before my scheduled date.

It wasn't as scary as I thought. I went for 40 hours before they ended up doing a c section anyway. Most of the labor was calm and I waited until 24 hours and 9cm to get an epidural. If I could have delivered naturally I would have preferred to in hindsight.

Just let it happen.
    Everyone told me after it's over it doesn't matter and you don't remember.

I remember but it has been totally worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"