October 2012 Moms

t&p please update 8

morrkimmorrkim member
edited December 2014 in October 2012 Moms
DH is extremely sick in the hospital and they don't know what's wrong. Everything happened so suddenly and that is making everyone so concerned.

It started Tuesday with a rapid heartbeat. He went to the dr and was fine other than the hb and his liver enzymes were slightly elevated, but he started throwing up so they took at as a bad stomach bug.

Then Thursday morning, he was in so much pain and so weak and his body temp was so low, I took him back. He now had a heart murmur and most of his labs came back way abnormal, when they were normal Tuesday. They immediately sent him to the hospital.

We still don't know exactly what is going. They found a hole in his heart that they think is causing the problems. They think it might be from an infection in his heart. His pancreas and liver are also swollen. They are constantly doing new tests to try to figure out what is going on.

He is having 2 tests on his heart done on Monday to try to figure out what is bh oing on and how big the hole is. Then we will find out if he needs surgery.

Update
He is being transferred to another hospital over 3 hours away. They are saying he is in liver failure and they want him somewhere that is better equipped for a liver transplant if needed.

He is in heart surgery right now. They still don't know what caused it, but the heart is not working right and that is causing all the problems. Without surgery he won't make it and there is a 25% chance he won't make it.

I wish I would have left my parents house sooner. By the time I got here they had sedated him for several tests.

They didn't come and get him till 2 am so I didn't get any sleep. I drove to my parents who live an hour from the hospital and got a couple hours asleep then we drove here. Alexis is with his parents and my parents are at the hospital with me and the boys. His parents are on their way, but they have a 3 hour drive.

He made it through surgery and seems to be doing good. He opened his eyes for a minute and squeezed my hand. It turns out that he had an aneurysm in his heart that caused the blood to not flow correctly to the rest of the organs causing them to start failing. We still don't know how his other organs will recover, so he is not completely out of the woods yet.

We are in kc at ku. Thanks for all your t&p. We will be here at least a week depending on how his other organs recover. We really don't know what we need.

He is doing good. The dr is surprised how fast he is recovering. His organs are still not functioning where they want, but they are improving. They were able to remove the breathing tube and he has been talking to us. He somewhat knows what happened, but not completely.

He is doing a lot better. He has been dismissed from the ICU, but is still in the ICU until a bed becomes available, so probably tomorrow. When he moves rooms, the kids will be allowed to come in. He went for a short walk today and was able to see the twins and hold them for a couple minutes. He is off the oxygen except when he is walking or sleeping

He has moved rooms and is doing mostly good. They have discovered he has 1 or 2 clots in his arm, so they had to put him on blood thinners, so they have to monitor him a lot. He's had a mild fever on and off. There is talk he could go home Monday.

We were able to setup a pnp in his room for when we are there. This hospital has been awesome to us. I was on my own yesterday and they provided someone to help. They found me a place where I could nurse more privately. I keep getting meal vouchers for the cafeteria.

DH ended up losing his job, but they said when he can come back to work to reapply and they will rehire him. He could request at the most 30 days of leave since he doesn't qualify for FMLA and he will be out 6 weeks after he gets released from the hospital.

He is back in surgery. Because of the blood clots they had put him on blood thinners. They think he started bleeding again and it started pooling around his heart. Compressing it. They are,going back in to drain it and see if the heart needs any repairs.

The surgery went well. The fluid was blood that had oozed from his previous surgery since he was on blood thinners, which we knew was a risk of blood thinners, but they were trying to dissolve some clots.

He's doing okay, just depressed. He doesn't really remember yesterday. They took the breathing tube out this morning.
Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    

Re: t&p please update 8

• Omg morrkim I will pray hard for you and your DH. Hugs to you girl and keep us updated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Gracious, thinking about you and your family. I hope you have help with the kids so you can be with him.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Hugs, thoughts and prayers!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Wow. Thinking of you and hoping YH makes a complete and speedy recovery.
  • Huge hugs @morrkim‌ you will be in all my thoughts and prayers.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Prayers!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Thoughts and prayers for your family. Hope they figure out what is wrong soon.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thoughts and prayers and hugs and all :( hope they can find the problem and work on fixing it ASAP.

• Huge hugs to you. I hope they are able to pinpoint what is wrong so he can get better. Thoughts and prayers for your husband and family! Keep us posted!

• Prayers for your husband.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • How terrifying. Very big hugs, and best wishes to you and your family. I can't imagine how scared you all are.
  • Bighugs
  • So many thoughts and prayers for you and your husband i hope they can help him.

• Omg, @morrkim‌...that is terrifying. Please keep us updated, you'll be in my thoughts. I'm hoping for a swift and full recovery from whatever this is.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thinking of you all. Thanks for the update.
  • Continuing to pray for your family. Thanks for updating.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• I am so sorry that things haven't improved. I have no words, but thought and prayed for you yesterday. I can only offer the same for you today. Take care.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • @morrkim how is he today? how did his transfer to the other hospital go.  I hope that the hospital is able to help him and he can get better soon. Continued thoughts and prayers for you, your husband and your family! How are you doing? I wish I lived closer so I could help you with your kids in a not so creepy way!

• Wishing him well at the other hospital- I hope he gets better!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Just said a prayer for Mr. Morrkim! Do you have someone to help you with the babies? I wish I could help!

• @morrkim‌ I have so many prayers going your Dh's way.
  • Oh honey! I am so sorry to hear this update. Prayeing hard!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I have all fingers and toes crossed that your H will be ok during his surgery! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you, him and your family.  I am so glad that you atleast have your family their for support!

Please let us know if we can do anything at all for you!  I'm sure all of O12 is thinking about you! Huge squishy hugs to you!!!

• So many prayers.

• Praying for you @morrkim‌. Huge hugs <3

• I'm so sorry to hear this! I believe in the power of prayer! So sorry that you're going through this right now.

• @morrkim My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope that your husband makes it through this.
  • @morrkim‌ just saw that he made it through surgery. Hoping that the worst of it is over and he can start healing from here. If there is anything you can think of that you need let us know.

• @Morrkim so happy that he made it through. I hope he continues getting better so you will all be home together soon. If there s anything i can do please let me know. Fingers crossed hes on the mend

• @morrkim‌ also kumed is my old stomping grounds. I graduated from OT school there so I am familiar with the area. So it is no big deal for me to hop over there.
  • I'm so glad it's looking like surgery was a success. I can't even imagine how scary and stressful this must be. I hope everything is better from here.
  • So glad to hear he made it out of surgery, and they at least know what the problem is now!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Wow - thanks again for the updates, I have been thinking of you all so much. It sounds like he is in good hands. I hope he continues to do well and that his organs recover.
  • Glad surgery went ok, praying for progress.

• Thinking of you!!!

• So relieved he made it out of surgery I am continuing to pray for his recovery thank you for keeping us updated during this critical time for your family.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Glad he is out of surgury.  Will continue thoughts and prayers for your DH and family.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well that sounds like a good update. Praying so hard for you guys
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"