3rd Trimester

Baby Shower - 2nd Boy, any thoughts?

jazmynlarainejazmynlaraine member
edited December 2014 in 3rd Trimester
Okay. I got my answers. Thanks.

Re: Baby Shower - 2nd Boy, any thoughts?

• EmmagkEmmagk member
    edited December 2014
    You threw your own second shower... [-X :-&
  • No actually my mom threw it for me up until the last second where she didn't show up.
  • Loading the player...
  • While I agree with the first and 3rd of those points, I can't say its "tacky." The point of a baby shower isn't just social fun or a gathering party. The origin is for it to help out a mother who needs it, that's why its so expected for people to bring gifts. I didn't ask because I didn't want to fund my child, but because I couldn't for those few basics that were worn and used and or broken from the first child. This happens regardless of the gender. And though I was able to find a job this late in my pregnancy, my husband was working only part-time and the rest he's in college. I have my own reasons. I also mentioned above that I didn't throw my own shower, my mom volunteered to do it but couldn't show up on time so I ended up buying the food an hour beforehand and then no one showed up. Not looking for pity, just asking what would you have done?
  • I'm still trying to get past sending 42 invitations to a "small sprinkle".

I 100% believe she's the type of person who I just passed in the grocery store one time and Id receive an invite to her shower.
  • Just.... Wow. I wouldn't have come either. I hope you're learning from the responses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • So instead of taking the hint of no one showing up to mean that you shouldn't throw your gift grabby shower, you're going to throw another party? Cool. 
  • kcbizmekcbizme member
    edited December 2014
    While I agree with the first and 3rd of those points, I can't say its "tacky." The point of a baby shower isn't just social fun or a gathering party. The origin is for it to help out a mother who needs it, that's why its so expected for people to bring gifts. I didn't ask because I didn't want to fund my child, but because I couldn't for those few basics that were worn and used and or broken from the first child. This happens regardless of the gender. And though I was able to find a job this late in my pregnancy, my husband was working only part-time and the rest he's in college. I have my own reasons. I also mentioned above that I didn't throw my own shower, my mom volunteered to do it but couldn't show up on time so I ended up buying the food an hour beforehand and then no one showed up. Not looking for pity, just asking what would you have done?
    I'm sure this is pointless, but SEX, not gender

Also, NO. A shower is to welcome a NEW mother into motherhood. It is not for a second, third, or however many time mom. You are already a mom, therefore, you have already been welcomed into motherhood, therefore NO SHOWER. But again, I'm sure this was pointless.

edit for clarification
  • @emilillies - just spit water all over! That is hilarious!
  • I'm still trying to get past sending 42 invitations to a "small sprinkle".
    THIS....I'm a FTM and I had like 10 people total at my shower...
    This...we had about 10 too. 
  • my SIL had a 2nd shower... when she was expecting her 2nd child her first was only 3 years old... they called it a 'sprinkle' BUT both times it was gender-nuetral bc they don't find out the sex. I was baffled by this bc she had already HAD a large shower for her first & most of what she registered for she already had. I was told it was bc she wanted 'new stuff for a new baby' & was appalled.(she planned the entire event herself & handed her mother & I a list of what she expect me done down to the menu) She even registered for the same exact bedding she already had... it was a gross display... then to make it worse, the day of the 'sprinkle' she sat in a corner with her group of close friends & didn't even politely acknowledge the family members of hers who had traveled over an hour to attend & she didn't even say 'hello' to my mother!  I mean, call me crazy but I feel like when you invite ppl to bring you gifts you could at LEAST take a moment to acknowledge them!

My point in sharing that is, it's unfortunately not all that uncommon these days for ppl to either lack social etiquette or simply not understand how rude their behavior appears to others. For my own sanity I'm choosing to believe that the OP isn't due to greediness but to lack of understanding... ? I can hope... :/
  • OP, buy your own baby shit. Don't have kids if you can't pay for them.

The presents gif is awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Her "sprinkle" had more invites then my wedding wtf
  • mrdcle said:
    Alygohome said:
    Her "sprinkle" had more invites then my wedding wtf
    GAWD MAYBE SHE JUST HAS MORE FRIENDS!

Too bad none of them are good enough friends to actually show up LOL

I bet shes one of these ladies who throws "home parties" and plays them off as dinner parties/get togethers and then guilts her friends when they don't buy crap so she can make money.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"