May 2015 Moms
Options

Weekend Update: what made you cry this week?

I loved this thread last week, so let's do it again.  Annnnd...go!

Re: Weekend Update: what made you cry this week?

• Options
    Silly romantic comedy last night, but it's totally possible that would have happened pregnant or not
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    How about that Glade commercial with the kids singing "Peace on Earth"? Man, it gets me every time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So many things! 1. DH forgot to get Orange Juice at the store. 2. Our neighbor (who is really good with our dog) agreed to watch our dog while we are away in January. 3. & 4. We bought and decorated our Christmas tree (yes I cried twice here)... It's getting ridiculous!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lezzie82Lezzie82 member
    edited December 2014
    I will edit in a link later but the new story yesterday about the woman who stole the eggs... I'll sum it up though.

A grandmother who was caring for her three young grandchildren went to the store to buy some eggs but only had 1.25. So she stole three eggs and left what money she had, broke them in her pocket and got caught. Police were called and the cop, instead of arresting her, bought her some groceries. I am literally tearing up writing about it. Something about this story really touched me.

Edit: here it is! Grab some tissue lol. It's such a good story.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2014/12/11/officer-caught-grandma-stealing-eggs-so-he-bought-them-her
  • Options
    shmeell25 said:

There is a Hallmark commercial where a brother and a sister are examining Christmas ornaments and then they show one for the new baby and show the pregnant mom. And I might have shed a tear or two

Yes! Love this commercial
  • Options
    Oh you know the super emotional /action packed thriller "Independence Day" a few nights ago. (Ive seen it at least a dozen times). In my defense of was the scene were the POTUS's wife dies, DH looks over to see tears streaming down my face. Then he thought it would be super supportive to mock-cry when they blow up the mother ship at the end. Lol
  • Options
    I cried at the end of Scrooged.  Yes, the Bill Murray one from the 80s.  WTF??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tiggyt said:

I cried at the end of Scrooged.  Yes, the Bill Murray one from the 80s.  WTF??

Along the same lines, I cried through half of A Christmas Carol.....the Muppets version. ;)
    Favorite fall activity: roasting pumpkin seeds!

• Options
    I cried because I had to share my pizza last night.
  • Options
    Seeing my kid rub his/her nose on ultrasound. And my fiancé being annoying... By annoying I mean walking and talking next to me making jokes. I was ridiculous lol
  • Options

GFJ48 said:

DH doesn't like mexican food. I want some.

Ooooh I'll get some with you. I could totally go for Mexican right now.
    DH and I recently discovered a place that offers a Saturday fajita lunch special..... 6.12 includes fajitas and a non alcoholic drink. The amount of food they then bring out is RIDICULOUS. More than most places dinner version and soooooo good. Home made tortillas too. Which are my all time favorite.

You guys will have to travel to TN though..... It may be worth it lol.
  • Options

My grandparents got in a bad car accident this weekend. They are recovering/going through reconstructive surgery in the hospital now. My grandpa was recounting the accident and told me how it happened right in front of a tire store. The employees came running out to help them get out of the car. One of the customers was an off-duty firefighter/paramedic and another helper was a nurse. I am bawling just typing this again. So thankful for strangers who know what to do in emergencies like this.

*hugs* wishing them a speedy recovery!

• Options
    Everything.

More specifically when my uncle called to congratulate us.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    The guys at party city wouldn't put blue confetti in a balloon for me to announce we're having a boy with our best friends tonight. AND they made we wait in two lines to rudely say no
  • Options
    I cried when watching How to Train Your Dragon 2, it was embarrassing. DH laughed at me!
  • Options
    @GFJ48‌ ((hugs)) I would join you and @xbreannalynn‌ for Mexican.

@FreddyisReady‌ Wishing your them a speedy recovery.

I asked DH last night if we had Mojo marinade in the fridge. He said he would check and call me back we didn't so I could pick some up on my way home. He never called so I didn't pick any up. Got home to cook and there wasn't any in the fridge. He forgot. I cried for a good 30 minutes because I wanted Mojo marinated chicken.
    Pregnancy Ticker       
                                                BFP: September 1st, 2014
                                                   EDD: May 2nd, 2015

• Options
    I was pretty cranky because I couldn't find anything to wear today that fit and was on edge and I later lightly bit my lip and burst into sobbing tears.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I cried in my car in the parking lot at work for ten minutes when radiology told me they can't schedule my anatomy scan until 23 weeks because, "Well, ma'am, it was your decision to go out of town for the holidays." I was pretty upset about it. I get that they have a point, and I'm over it now. It's three more weeks, no big deal. I'm just ready to know that everything looks okay in there, and I'm not looking forward to fielding all of the questions from our families the one time we see them every year. Everyone is first grand and great grand crazy so we'll be answering them regardless I guess ☺.

• Options
    I'm binge rewatching The Office on Netflix, and sobbed my way through the episode where Pam and Jim get married. Especially when they go out on the boat near the end, I was bawling.

And let's not talk about last week when I was on the episode where they find out they're pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Options
    Poppy715Poppy715 member
    edited December 2014
    Marcus Mariota just won the Heisman. He's an amazingly talented player and such a great guy. He adores his family a d is incredibly humble and hardworking. His tie matched his dads shirt. It was adorable. I cried.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Biggest Loser.
    No joke.
  • Options
    My parents dug out a children's book called Being Born that my sister and I had when we were little, with in-utero pictures of a baby developing. They gave it to me tonight and I burst into tears.

So, LOTS of crying for me this weekend.

• Options

I'm binge rewatching The Office on Netflix, and sobbed my way through the episode where Pam and Jim get married. Especially when they go out on the boat near the end, I was bawling.

And let's not talk about last week when I was on the episode where they find out they're pregnant.
    Love that show! I've been thinking about re-watching it lately too. I've cried over a couple episodes, without being pregnant ;)
  • Options
    I am bawling my eyes out right now because dh and I haven't had a whole lot of sex since we moved to washington. Yet I'm sick all the time so I don't really feel like it anyway. But he's basically left me alone when it comes to that and I know it's because he can tell I feel like absolute poop but for whatever reason it's bugging the hell out of me that I'm not getting jumped. Even though I have no sex drive. So I'm bawling my eyes out talking to him about it. This is so stupid. I hate you hormones.
  • Options

Everything is Awwwwesome when you are part of a team!!! Yes the song from The Lego Movie made me cry.

Lakingsfan, you're the winner of this thread!!!

• Options

The guys at party city wouldn't put blue confetti in a balloon for me to announce we're having a boy with our best friends tonight. AND they made we wait in two lines to rudely say no

Wait seriously? What assholes.
    Yes serious!!! They don't know the damage of pissing off a pregnant women who loves to yelp!!
  • Options
    We tried to adopt a cat all day yesterday and today for our sweet 2.5 year old son. It was a massive frustrating failure. Then, tonight after dinner, a shelter called me and took the time to talk to me about what we need in a cat and told me they would match us with a few cats to meet. They're going to call me back when they have 2-3 ready for us to come and see. I started crying (and am crying now) from their kindness.
  • Options
    The Hallmark commercial with the pregnant woman, and also the cat ornament same family. Hadn't thought about it until I was posting in your vent thread, @manacita‌. I, honestly tear up at more stuff than normal though now.

BD and I have been going through rough times. This pregnancy was a surprise very early for us that caused a lot of stress along with a possible deployment for him so that he won't be here in May. Anywho, for his birthday this week we had such a good time I looked like it was an awful time since I was tearing up so often.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I saw someone riding a horse on my way to work and thought it was so beautiful, which led me to think about having a little one to teach about all the beautiful things in the world...cried for a few minutes. I'm normally a little emotional but this level of sappiness is unreal!
  • Options
    rivers714 said:

My son felt the baby kick hard. His face lit up then he said
    " can she stay in my room? Once she takes a bottle I can feed her at night. I'll even change a diaper a day"...

He's the sweetest followed by

" it's ok if Colin (the dad) doesn't want to see her, she has me as a big brother and I'll always want to see her"

Then I started bawling

That just made ME cry!! Such a sweet little boy you've got there.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our cat that is normally an indoor/outdoor cat and always comes home has been missing since Wednesday night. Friday I walked around the entire apartment complex shaking her food bag, calling for her, and bawling like a lunatic. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm nuts.
    Jenna
    Mama to a crazy toddler (J-5/28/15)
    EDD 5-3-18

• Options
    I woke up wanting pancakes SO bad. Made them. Poured the syrup and it had mold in it! Threw the pancakes in the sink, cried, and went back to bed.
  • Options
    I watched a video of a husky that lived in a garbage dump be rescued and find a perfect home. I cried because I felt so bad and then because I was so happy she was better lol. The music didn't help either lol
  • Options
    It is so embarrassing but we were at our local mall this weekend and a flash mob started in the food court. They all stood up and started singing.  They're voices carried and echoed through the whole food court and up into the upper level of the mall.  Everyone stopped to watch and the voices were so beautiful.  When they finished singing, all of the onlookers clapped and cheered for them.  It was so moving and I started crying.  I was so embarrassed to be walking down the mall crying and of course my husband just thinks I'm insane lol!  I've never been a very emotional person, but I just couldn't hold the tears back once they started!  Then, my husband kept making me left which made it worse so that I'm laughing and crying like a maniac!
  • Options
    maritimememaritimeme member
    edited December 2014

Santa left 3 minutes early just as we arrived with DD and they wouldn't call him back.  I could see him 3 feet away. It wasn't even 4pm yet.

I did my best not to cry, but didn't succeed.  DD didn't care, she's too young, and my husband was sympathetic but said we would just go next weekend.  I'm still angry with Santa!!   :((

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"