Nurseries and Baby Gear

Am I really crazy?/ intro

Hi All!

I have been a serious Lurky McLurkerson for about 5 months, pretty much started after my husband and I got married and I suddenly had all the free time in the world. My husband and I REALLY want to start ttc, but we are waiting bc I'm in a wedding in August. Anywho, since I have all this free time I have been looking at baby gear and such so when I do finally get KU I won't be so overwhelmed with all the options I have. Now here is where the "am I crazy" piece comes into play, I have pretty much decided on buying the Baby Jogger Versa which as many of you know is no longer being made. I am so bummed about this! This stroller is normally $399 and bc they are being discontinued they are selling them for as little as $219!!  It is such a steal and I really want this stroller!! I asked my husband if I can buy the stroller and he said absolutely not! He thinks I am psycho for even looking at baby gear when we aren't even trying let alone buying this stroller.

Am I crazy or would you buy a stroller now as well? (PS I won't be mad if you all say I am )

Re: Am I really crazy?/ intro

• BabyKsMommyBabyKsMommy member
    edited December 2014
    I would buy it but in super crazy too. I bought my city mini GT double when it was on sale last year. I think I was 7 wks pg with my twins so really at that point anything could've happened. But all is well and I can't wait to start using it next year. So my stiller will already be a year old by the time I use it.

I don't regret buying it at all and it was close to $400
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Look at it this way. You can always sell it. If its that great of a deal, it could be years before its that cheap again. I bought a city mini double today at $299... Basically only $50 more than the single we bought 4 years ago. I've never seen it that low so I jumped on it. Even used, I know I'll be able to sell it for at least $200. Generally Id say wait but strollers can be so expensive and you might kick yourself for not getting it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsh82414mrsh82414 member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all your thoughts guys! I didn't really think about the fact that it most likely will be two years before this stroller is even used! I will keep my eye on it and if it gets any lower I may just grab it, but we will see. I have plenty of room to store it in my basement so that isn't an issue, although if we end up having trouble TTC I'm sure I would hate looking at it.
  • You know they make maternity bridesmaids dresses, right?

Being in a wedding shouldn't dictate your family planning...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I don't think this is a good idea. You don't and can't know what your future holds. Believe me, I'm speaking from personal experience. Buy a stroller when you know you need it. Until then, enjoy where you are in your life!
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Been thinking more about this. I'm sorry if my above response sounded negative to you. I can tell it's not what you wanted to hear, though you have asked for opinions. I just know how TTC can take over your life, and I don't mean for a few months, or a year, or even two. There is plenty of opportunity for you to think of babies and nothing but babies, you'll get there! On the note of timing, I wouldn't let a wedding get in the way of TTC, if that's what you want to do and you're really ready for it. We delayed TTC for a much more serious reason -- one of our parents was terminall ill. In retrospect, we both wish we hadn't waited. We ended up facing major, life-altering obstacles in building a family which were totally unanticipated. We will never know if things could have been different if we'd started earlier, but I know one thing: Starting sooner could only have been helpful. Don't let someone's wedding get in your way. Best of luck to you.
  • Hi @AmCheri I don't know if I am doing this correctly as this is my first reply. I did decide to wait on the stroller, but since then things have changed. Mostly we were waiting bc of the wedding, but my husband had also said he wanted to save more money and we thought about taking another all inclusive before we have a baby, but he decided he doesn't want to wait. I have no issue being pregnant at my friends wedding, but I had already ordered my BM dress and knew my friend would kill me if I didn't fit in it seeing as how she doesn't want me pregnant so we can "drink together." (I barely drank at my own wedding as I was so busy so I found that obnoxious)  I called the dress shop and the order hasn't been sent in as they are waiting for two more BMs to send in measurements. The BM dresses are empire and long so very bump friendly so I am just ordering up a size and finishing this last Nuvaring and we will start trying at the end of the month. I am so excited, but will still wait to buy the stroller until I am past 12 weeks :) Thanks for the well wishes
  • @xCrissCrossx I know they do, but at the time I originally ordered the dress DH said April the earliest we could try as he wanted to save more money. Also, my friend is being a B about it and wants me to be able to go to her bachelorette that I will be flying to and drink with her there and at her wedding. Apparently its extremely important as a married BM that I get drunk? Idk.. I hardly drank at my wedding as I was so busy. DH doesn't want to wait. He says we will still have a min of 9 months to save money (we want to have the max out of pocket for insurance saved plus some for baby gear) so we are trying my next cycle which will be around Jan 20th :) I am very excited. Also I found out the dress order hasn't been completed so I was able to change the size

• AmCheriAmCheri member
    edited January 2015
    mrsh82414 said:
    Hi @AmCheri I don't know if I am doing this correctly as this is my first reply. I did decide to wait on the stroller, but since then things have changed. Mostly we were waiting bc of the wedding, but my husband had also said he wanted to save more money and we thought about taking another all inclusive before we have a baby, but he decided he doesn't want to wait. I have no issue being pregnant at my friends wedding, but I had already ordered my BM dress and knew my friend would kill me if I didn't fit in it seeing as how she doesn't want me pregnant so we can "drink together." (I barely drank at my own wedding as I was so busy so I found that obnoxious)  I called the dress shop and the order hasn't been sent in as they are waiting for two more BMs to send in measurements. The BM dresses are empire and long so very bump friendly so I am just ordering up a size and finishing this last Nuvaring and we will start trying at the end of the month. I am so excited, but will still wait to buy the stroller until I am past 12 weeks :) Thanks for the well wishes

Sounds like you've made a good decision for yourself. Yes, I agree that your friend's comment about being able to drink at the wedding is annoying. Hmmmm, possibly miss one day of drinking versus try to start a family? Lol. Tough choice. And, your plan to hold off on the stroller til 12w is wise. I think we waited til after 20w to even start looking at things! Strollers are constantly changing. We got a Bugaboo Bee not too long ago, and then about two months later the next version came out which had a major improvement (you could dock an infant car seat to the frame, and you couldn't with the older version). I was so bummed. When you're ready, you'll have all kinds of fun exploring your options. Excited for you! Best of luck.

ETA: If you haven't already done this, start taking folic acid, asap!
  • @AmCheri I have prenatals with the correct amounts of the important things like folic, iron, calcium, etc. I got my flu shot, downloaded FF, bought a BBT and am still in the process of reading Taking Charge of your Fertility... No one warned me about the length woo! I also spoke to the nurse at mhy OB/GYN about what I should/shouldn't be doing, when to call about BFP, etc. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"