Cloth Diapering
Options

GTKY-- What's your panties word?

2»

Re: GTKY-- What's your panties word?

• Options
    Forgive me, but mine is cunt. My husband uses this word a lot and it gets to me on a very deep level. It just feels like the most crude and disrespectful thing you could say to or about a woman. I hate it.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate it when people (*coughinlawscough*) use brother/sister as a name or whatever.. So like "James be nice to brother" not "James be nice to *your* brother" or "James be nice to Ethan" Also ya'll. I've been submerged in this again for a month now and those two things still make my skin crawl.
    I love y'all and I have never even been to the South. It's stupid that English doesn't have a plural "you."
    We have "yins". No, I'm not kidding. No, I refuse to say it.
    Like you would say "Hey, yins!" to get a group's attention?
    Anywhere you could use the word "y'all" you can use "yins". Example: "ok, I'll catch up with yins after the movie." For further reading: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz
    That is fascinating.  I love reading about the evolution of language.  I have never ever heard of "yins," but it seems like it's only used in a small region of the US.  I am, however, familiar with "youse," although no one really says that where I live.
  • Options
    Pretty much everything my MIL says. She makes up her own language and it's so bad with the baby. Instead of the word "cute" she says "tute" and even writes/types it out..."oh you're the tutest little teener tiner!...So tute!"

Also, she calls all cats "nars". Not sure if she came up with this...but she says "oh you're out of nar-nar food" or "the nar was naughty today"

Agh! Stop teaching my child made up words!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Someone in DH's family says "you-ins." I think she's from Ohio or Michigan or one of those other states that gets lots of snow.

His mother (from Indiana) says "warsh" as in, "I'm going to warsh some clothes."

• Options
    @Sgriff1‌ that would infuriate me! And generally annoy the crap out of me.

Jane, my parents both say warsh also. And why oh why isn't spellcheck or autocorrect bothered by warsh?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    My dad says yins. He says it kind of joking but I think his family said it growing up. Western PA born so follows the pattern.

Also ILs call M and her cousin baby. Just like come here baby, want a drink baby, etc.  I don't know why it bothers me so much but its been f*cking annoying me lately.

Maybe everything is just annoying me lately? Is this the confession thread?
    I have a friend who does this, and their kid is now like 4.  But they still call him the baby.  Who's going to pick up the baby?  What should we feed the baby?  Who let the baby get a tattoo?  They actually have a new baby now, so I wonder if they still call the big brother the baby.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I still call A my baby and one of her nicknames is 'baby'. But I don't address her as the baby.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    Well I do the cousin thing too. I want E to understand that they are family. Specifically cousins. I guess I just annoy the hell out of everyone.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    My dad calls his cousins by their first and middle names, mostly just to passive aggressively irritate them. They're all in their 70's and 80's and from a very rural part of the Deep South, and to them using FN and MN shows their poor hick roots too much. It kind of cracks me up, especially since the middle names are things like Maude and Doris.

• Options
    Why not just use real names or initials?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I hate it when people (*coughinlawscough*) use brother/sister as a name or whatever.. So like "James be nice to brother" not "James be nice to *your* brother" or "James be nice to Ethan" Also ya'll. I've been submerged in this again for a month now and those two things still make my skin crawl.
    I love y'all and I have never even been to the South. It's stupid that English doesn't have a plural "you."
    We have "yins". No, I'm not kidding. No, I refuse to say it.
    So are you in/near Pittsburgh, Sak? I thought this was the most bizarre thing the first time I heard it. I guess it's not any stranger than y'all, but y'all spans a larger area. I spent a spring break in college in Pittsburgh, which is when I learned about this term. It was fun to visit a friend, but it is really cold there in March (as opposed to say, Mexico, where most people do spring break). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    TJ1979 said:

Well I do the cousin thing too. I want E to understand that they are family. Specifically cousins. I guess I just annoy the hell out of everyone.

Along the same lines, I hate it when people refer to every other young child as my child's "cousin". My H's aunts, sons wife's brothers child is now suddenly my child's "cousin". Um no, you are not related to my child and they don't need "cousin" time. Lol ok maybe I'm just in a bitchy mood lately.

• Options
    Sgriff1 said:
    Along the same lines, I hate it when people refer to every other young child as my child's "cousin". My H's aunts, sons wife's brothers child is now suddenly my child's "cousin". Um no, you are not related to my child and they don't need "cousin" time. Lol ok maybe I'm just in a bitchy mood lately.

I hate when people try to call themselves aunt/uncle to my kid.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I hate the words "fellowship" and "precious". Not that they sound aesthetically unpleasing, just that I think they're dumb words and they make me want to throw things at the person who said them (coughinlawscough)
    YES. My MIL uses precious ALL THE TIME when referring to M. Like, literally in every sentence. She even got him a christening card that had the word precious on it! And all I can think about is freaking Gollum in LOTR!!!

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • Options
    Awesomesauce was funny for like a week.  I am over it now.
  • Options
    When I was a very little girl, I couldn't say my "p"s very well.  When I tried to say "applesauce", I'd say S's instead of P's.
    Which meant I called applesauce something that I can't print here.
  • Options
    Is it ass face? Because that's totally my favorite.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

When I was a very little girl, I couldn't say my "p"s very well.  When I tried to say "applesauce", I'd say S's instead of P's.
    Which meant I called applesauce something that I can't print here.
    LOL asslesauce?

imageimage
  • Options
    Assholesauce.
  • Options

Assholesauce.
    LOLLL

imageimage
  • Options

Assholesauce.

Haha I may have to use this word sometime! It would confuse the heck out of my!
  • Options
    One I don't miss hearing since I divorced xh - from him and his family........ being have (with a long A) as in Are the kids being have? Ummm, no they are behaving. My family has combined y'all and youse into youse'all.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    One I don't miss hearing since I divorced xh - from him and his family........ being have (with a long A) as in Are the kids being have? Ummm, no they are behaving. My family has combined y'all and youse into youse'all.
    That's funny! My family has a joke about "being have" because I guess as a small child (I think I was 3), my mom asked me if I was behaving and I replied, "I am being have!" So to me, it's cute. But if it was your XH's family being ignorant, that's far less cute.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Youse'all  has just become my new "panties" word.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"