July 2014 Moms

Christmas GTKY

Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then?

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song?

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?

Favorite old school Christmas show?

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most?

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas GTKY

• Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then?  Yes, huge Christmas loving family

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? Wham's Last Christmas

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? The Ref or NLCV

Favorite old school Christmas show? Rudolph

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? I thought it was going to be decorating the Christmas tree, until I had a 2 year old.  My OCD can not handle the terrorizing he does on it.  So it will now be, baking cookies for Santa. 

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa?  Full on disaster/meltdown...always!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then? Yes! Love it!

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? Carol of the Bells-George Winston's version

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? I adore the Santa Clause movies

Favorite old school Christmas show? Does Charlie Brown count? That's probably my favorite

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? I have a ton that I do so I'm not sure which is my favorite. I just enjoy doing crafts with DD at this point. I have some salt dough ornaments drying and then we'll sit down as a family and pain them.

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa? Last year it was perfection...we'll see how this year goes. We're going to see Santa on Tuesday.

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then? Absolutely, love this time of year!

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? We Three Kings

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? It's a Wonderful Life

Favorite old school Christmas show? The Grinch

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? Christmas morning breakfast

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa? unfortunately I can't even get an epic meltdown, DS1 just gets a frown and watery eyes. If he could at least scream I could laugh more about it later. His only good Santa picture if from the NICU when he was still in the incubator and Santa is looking over him.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then?  Yes, we celebrate Christmas

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? Boney M: Mary's Boy Child

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Original Claymation Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Favorite old school Christmas show? I can't think of any

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? Every year my dad makes a "survivor kit" for Christmas filled with cards, candies, chips, popcorn, drinks and a few 5 dollar gift cards. I can't wait to make survivor kits with F

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa? I love the meltdown Santa pics

Baby boy "F" was born on 7/11/14!!

• Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then? Heck yes, LURVE me some Christmas.

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? Anything Mariah Carey...

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Four Christmases. Makes me laugh every time.

Favorite old school Christmas show?Classic Rudolph count? Love that little Hermey the Elf..

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? Christmas morning as a whole, I can't wait to have the same breakfast each year, open gifts, stay in pjs, etc..

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa? Either, if I would actually go get a picture with Santa... which doesn't seem likely!

• Do you celebrate Christmas? If not, what then?

We do celebrate Christmas!

I'll Be Home For Christmas. I lost my brother in a car accident some years ago. And even though I cry when I hear it, I'm happy. Because I know he is home for Christmas, even if I don't see him. And I like the mental image of him being at the door, like he had just gone far away.

Toss up between White Christmas and a Christmas story. I always loved bing crosby, and my bro and I could quote a Christmas story word for word.

Santa Claus is coming to town. Love it.

They will get a present from their uncle in heaven every Christmas Eve. It may not seem like much to everyone, but to me it's important that they grow up knowing he loves them, even if he can't say it himself.

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa?

Whatever my kid doles out, I'm sharing!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• INmommy871278INmommy871278 member
    edited December 2014
    We celebrate Christmas!

After working retail for four years straight in college, I don't care for Christmas music anymore, but if I had to choose a song I suppose it would be silent night.

My all time favorite Christmas movie is the traditional Rudolph the red nose reindeer.

Don't really have a Christmas show that I watch.

My sister and I started the family tradition in 2012 when DS and niece where just a few months old; they come to our house and we make cookies. This year the kids are old enough to help cut and decorate them!

Santa pics are whatever I get, so far DS has not cooperated with the Santa pic so every year is a pic of him attempting to get down of squirming. DD did surprisingly well this year so hopefully that will continue!
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ADC1979ADC1979 member
    edited December 2014
    Nice idea!

Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then?

Yes we do.

O Holy Night.  When the high notes get hit, it sends chills up my spine.  But now I also love "Mary, Did You Know?" because of the line "when you kiss your little baby/you kiss the face of God".  Because I love to kiss my little guy and he was a gift from God.

Elf

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  Except now as an adult its weird to me that his nose made a high pitched noise.  Was he congested?

Hmm maybe when he has more motor skills but is not crazy, decorating the tree?  So maybe when he's like 21 that'll be fun.  

ETA:  I just remembered the tradition I want to start with him.  I want us every year to donate toys to kids who would be his age (so this year, babies).  Maybe when he's older we'll add in volunteering somewhere special at this time of year, too.

We went to the Ren Faire on Black Friday (waaaay more fun than shopping), and they had a Ye Olde Saint Nicholas there.  I was sooo happy so baby took pictures with that Santa.  (No mall Santas for us this year!)  He was well-behaved and didn't know what was going on, so our pictures are pretty tame and adorable.  But if he'd been having a meltdown I would have shared that pic, too, because sometimes those are funny.

My nephew allegedly ran away from Santa this year.  His pic apparently has him rearing back, just about to start running.  I haven't seen it, but it sounds hilarious to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you celebrate Christmas?  Yes

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song?  Carol of the Bells.  I'm a fan of Straight no Chaser's "12 Days," too.

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?  Love Actually

Favorite old school Christmas show?  Rudolph

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most?  Advent Calendar.  I've been looking for one that doesn't require me to buy candy every year.  We always had a wooden cut out tree with ornaments hidden on the back.  You picked one each day without looking to decorate the tree and I wanted something like that.  My grandmother jerryrigged a fabric tree with pockets and made ornaments for each pocket and put buttons on the tree for us to hang them on.  It's great.

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa?  I'll take whatever I can get, but meltdown is awesome.  See last years pic, this was the "best" we could get:

• Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then? Yes! Bring on the Christmas fun!

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? Carol of the Bells

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? The Ref, The Santa Claus, Elf, Fred Claus

Favorite old school Christmas show? Santa Claus is coming to town

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? Handprint salt dough ornament

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa? Either or, I think the meltdown pics are hilarious - this was our first year and hers came out adorable - so we're pretty happy!

[ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then?

Yes!  

Carol of the Bells 

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, and Arthur Christmas

Rudolph

I LOVE marking the one present that my SD can open on Christmas Eve!  I've always only done new pajamas, but now with DS and because of Pinterest- I'll be adding hot cocoa and popcorn to the box with an additional shared present for the both of them of a Christmas book or Christmas movie.  

I'll show them all off!  This year we got a sweet smile, but I'm secretly hoping for one great meltdown picture at some point.

• Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then? Yes

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song? Carols mainly - Silent Night, Once in royal david's city, In the Bleak Mid winter, Silent Night, Oh come all ye faithful, Good king Wenceslas etc. Of pop ones - Fairytale of New York

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? None really

Favorite old school Christmas show? Couldn't say, Maybe The Snowman

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most? Just what we do every year

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa? We don't do visiting Father Christmas

• lowen83lowen83 member
    edited December 2014

Do you celebrate Christmas? If not, what then?
    Yes

Mariah Carey's all I want for Christmas is you and carol of the bells

Polar express and a Christmas story

The grinch, classic one

Buying gifts for a child or three on an angel tree and also hope one of them shares my joy in decorating the house too.

See photo

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Do you celebrate Christmas? If not, what then?
    Yep 

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen-Barenaked Ladies version 

A toss up between Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, and White Christmas 

The grinch, of course.

Honestly, there's a lot of traditions I really look forward to starting with my kiddos.

Whichever one I can get that year.
  • Do you celebrate Christmas?  If not, what then?  YES!  I love it

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday song?  It's not officially christmas until I put on the Carpenters Christmas album (It was my mom's favorite when I was growing up and not mine)

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?  Miracle on 34th Street close with Love Actually 

Favorite old school Christmas show? How the grinch stole christmas 

What ONE tradition do you look forward to starting with your kids the most?  Waking up to the excitement of Santa, singing christmas carols 

Are you a person to show off your perfectly posed kids with Santa or the full on disaster/meltdown pics with Santa?  I would post both

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"