2nd Trimester

no shower but still would like gifts? how to go about this?

2»

Re: no shower but still would like gifts? how to go about this?

• Haha I love the poems. You should add something about bringing a box of diapers for a raffle prize. *eye roll*
  • marryme24 said:
    I am fully aware that if need be my husband and I will purchase whatever items we do desperately need.
    You should've bought these items already. With your baby at risk to come early I don't understand the logic of waiting for others to give you essential things that you'll need to have any day now.
  • Loading the player...
  • sschwege said:

Ah yes, diaper raffles how could I have left that stone unturned?! @mamatobe1235 @angi3o

We have an idea, something special you see
    To help the new mom with all the poop and the pee
    Please send a pack of diapers any style any size
    To be part of a game for a really neat prize
    You may be thinking, a gift card or nice wine for the win
    But look deeper, something simpler is wrapped up within
    The smile on the face of this mom to be
    Should be all the prize needed to fill your heart with glee

Haha! Love it! Wonder what OP thinks.
  • @sschwege best bump posts ever!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2014
    I am pregnant with my 3rd. Someone is planning to throw me a shower, but it's just an excuse for my family to come sit at my house and visit because I don't have friends to invite anyway, and no one really brings gifts aside from maybe a package of diapers. I make a registry every time, but that is for me to get a discount later. No one ever uses my registry (probably partially because I don't tell them I have one). At the very least, you need the registry for yourself because some places offer a great discount after your set date/due date. Any savings are better, if you ask me! Anyway, good luck with your pregnancy. I hope you don't have as many complications as you're anticipating!

Edited for miskey.
  • Awe, thanks everyone!  I had fun writing them!
  • I think the shower after baby is born is a good idea.   Also, have you thought about an Amazon wishlist.  This is my third so I don't need much unless it is a girl.  My mom has asked what I need.  I made an Amazon wishlist so she can see what I might need. I'm not sharing it with anyone unless they specifically ask. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't read this yet, but I actually snorted when I read the title.

:::settles in to view shitshow:::

imageimageimage
  • cmrand4 said:
    I think the shower after baby is born is a good idea.   Also, have you thought about an Amazon wishlist.  This is my third so I don't need much unless it is a girl.  My mom has asked what I need.  I made an Amazon wishlist so she can see what I might need. I'm not sharing it with anyone unless they specifically ask. 
    What do you mean "unless it's a girl"? You can reuse whatever you have from your first two. Girls don't need to have everything pink and purple and covered in glitter and lace.
    you are reading way too much into my comment.  If it's a girl, I need clothes. I can reuse all my baby gear.  ALL of my clothes are boy stuff.  Yes, she could wear some of that, but after two kids, lots of stuff is plain worn out. I can afford to buy new stuff so I will. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think the shower after baby is born is a good idea.   Also, have you thought about an Amazon wishlist.  This is my third so I don't need much unless it is a girl.  My mom has asked what I need.  I made an Amazon wishlist so she can see what I might need. I'm not sharing it with anyone unless they specifically ask. 
    My daughter used her brother's old gear. She has managed to not grow a penis despite spending her infancy surrounded by blue and green.
    That's so nice. Trust me, it's not about the pink for me, or purple for that matter.  It's not even baby gear mostly I really need. Except for my car seat is expired so that's one of the main things on my list of to-buys for myself.
  • momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited December 2014
    And to the OP, you don't tell anyone to buy you gifts. That's rude. Your mama should have taught you that. People will get you gifts if they want. I didn't have a shower and I still got a lot of gifts from my family. They did it because they wanted to. I didn't ask. I took the responsibility  when choosing to become a mom that I would have to buy my kid her own shit.

It's a BOY

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • everyone voiced their opinion correctly, if any one finds it insulting or rude then it's up to you how you want to read it. No one is attacking her at all! she came off SUPER rude asking for gifts. No one should ask for gifts, if people give her something then that's fine but not because you asked for it.I don't know it just does not sound right. no. not at all plus no one is saying anything about her being stressed over whatever she is going through. But if I were in her position, GIFTS WOULD BE THE LASSSSST THING ON MY MIND! and I think i'm right.

kbye
    ;)  :-h

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @andiewatson‌ : Bless your heart, dear.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I didn't have time to read through all the unnecessary drama but I think if you really want to have a shower that you should have it after the baby is born.
  • kacdanz said:
    I didn't have time to read through all the unnecessary drama but I think if you really want to have a shower that you should have it after the baby is born.
    Of all the times not to read the thread. 
  • kacdanz said:

I didn't have time to read through all the unnecessary drama but I think if you really want to have a shower that you should have it after the baby is born.

The "drama" was pretty necessary in this thread princess. Read the damn thread before responding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"