Baby Showers

What Would You Do?

mellizzardmellizzard member
edited December 2014 in Baby Showers
I had my office baby shower today, and I'm unsure how to go about the 'Thank You' cards. Would you:

What Would You Do? 118 votes

Do one giant 'Thank You' card to the entire office and post it in the kitchen for everyone to see.
9% 11 votes
Write individual 'Thank You' cards to each person for their gifts AND to the people who went in on the giant gift.
61% 73 votes
Only write individual 'Thank You' cards to the people who purchased individual gifts, then one big 'Thank You' card to the entire office and post it in the kitchen for everyone to see.
28% 34 votes

Re: What Would You Do?

• I did individual cards to everyone who gave me a gift, group gift or otherwise. I wrote roughly the same thing inside each card for people who participated in the group gift thanking them for the "many useful and thoughtful" baby items that got that would make being a new parent so much easier. Even though they were group gifts, each person still put in their own money to buy them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • econmama said:

I wrote independent thank you cards for those who gave individual gifts and then wrote an office-wide card and left it and some cookies in the break room.

This exactly!
  • Loading the player...
  • I went in on a group wedding gift for a girl at work and got an individualized thank you card and have to say I thought it was pretty classy of her!
    You had one job:

• i wrote individuals for the gifts, but there were also some women (and men) who helped with the shower behind the scenes (decorating, moving chairs, etc) so i also included a group thank you in the break room with some cupcakes and cookies. 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • DH works with like 70 people and they just send around a card for everyone to sign and add money if they want to. Then the office admin buys something nice off the registry and they have a little cake and icecream get together. It would be impossible for us to know for sure who contributed and who didn't. He is going to send an email saying Thank you to everyone and letting them know there are treats in the kitchen, and there will be a nice card in there too just to show thanks. Sending emails like this is common in his company though and not unprofessional. Then of course, lots of verbal thanks during the event itself. If we get any individual gifts we will write a separate thank you for those. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you know who went in on the big gift you MUST write individual notes. If you are not sure and cannot find out - like a card was passed around and some added to it and other didn't - then a group thank you posted or sent via email is the best you can do.

No matter what I'd bring treats for the break room a few days later by way of practical thank-you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel thank you cards should be written individually to everyone who contributed to the group gift. They all contributed their money to it. I did write TYs to each person who signed the card. I probably missed some people - because sometimes people forget to sign.

I remember a coworker telling me once (long before I was pregnant), that everyone who contributed should get their own TY.
  • Thanks for everyone's opinions! I decided to write individual TY's to everyone - individual gifts and group gift - and purchased a small TY for the two ladies who put the shower together for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"