Preemies

Joleigh is here born 26 weeks 1 day

Well on December 6th at 12:59am we got to meet out little princess Joleigh Rose Eleese Barr, she was born at 26 weeks 1 day, weighing 2 pounds. She breathed and cried on her own for a minute after she was born, then she was immediately taken over to a team of 6 neonatal care professionals where they started their work. They inserted a tube to help with her breathing, and some antibiotics to help with infection. She is now in NICU still with the breathing tube, antiobiotics, vitamin K, sufuctant to help with her lungs, they gave her some platelets today because hers were low, once that was regulated her hemoglobin dropped so they gave her a blood transfusion, so far the doctors and nurses are all very confident in her, she is "feisty" they have all said which is good. They were saying she has a 90% chance right now. It is all quite overwhelming and sometimes I feel like crying is all I can do... I just want her to be okay... I need my baby girl to be okay. I worry she may take a turn for the worst, but I am praying God and my Grandma both watch over her...

Re: Joleigh is here born 26 weeks 1 day

• Congrats on your sweet girl! My son was born at 26 weeks and one day also and was very sick, but is doing really well now!! He's got some delays but overall is doing great. So I hope that encourages you. Welcome to the board and I hope we can help with any questions or encouragement!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• And I know it seems so overwhelming right now. But it will get easier. Just take it day by day.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much! That helps a ton! The only thing that matters to me that in a few months our little girl can come home with us, and she makes it through this!!
  • She is number one right now, her health, and how she is is my focus... Everything else seems so unimportant now...
  • Congrats on your baby! I'm sorry you find yourself here, but best wishes for you and your little girl.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Thank you so much! I know there will be good and bad days and I am preparing myself for that but nonetheless I know some days are going to be hard. Our baby girl has been such an amazing little fighter so far though, and I hope her strength continues! I pray that God continues to watch over and protect her! She is my little blessing and I have a changed life because of that little angel!
  • Congratulations!  I love her name!  Like others have said.... the NICU can be a long, difficult journey but try to take it one day at a time, accept help and ask for it when you need it, and take time to take care of yourself.  She sounds like an amazing fighter!  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you so much! It's going to be a hard journey and I pray she will be okay!
  • Congratulations! My daughter was born at 25 weeks weighed 1 lb 8oz. She is 9 months now and doing amazing. Take it one day at a time. Be easy on yourself and take lots and lots of pictures. I am rarely on the boards anymore but if you want to chat please pm me.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Congratulations on your little one! My daughter was born at 26w2d and was 1 pound 12 ounces.  Her neos also said that she was feisty, which was a good thing.  She'll be 3 in a couple of months, and she is still feisty! I know how overwhelming all of this can be.  As PP have mentioned, take it one day at a time and not worry about what might happen.  That was some good advice that I received that helped me cope--don't worry about something bad happening until if and when it happens.  The NICU is a marathon, not a sprint, so just settle in and be sure to celebrate every gram gained and every other tiny milestone achieved. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"