How would you spell it?

Jace vs Jase spelling 124 votes

Jace
77% 96 votes
Jase
22% 28 votes

Re: Jace vs Jase spelling

• Options
    I had an ex who spelled it Jais. His mom found it in the phone book, and their family was out of nick names for 'James.' 

....Just throwing this out there.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the name Jace, but my husband wasn't a fan.
  • Options
    NMS (all I can think of is 16 and pregnant too!) but if I had to choose one it would be Jace over Jase.
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    Jason. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options

I don't care for it, but I'm not a fan of nicknames over full names. That's just my style.

I'd name Jason and then nickname Jase.

I feel this way but I really, really, strongly dislike the nickname as a name.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't pick either. Why don't you name your son something professional sounding that will work on a business card, a CV, etc.

Jason
    Jackson
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    Like I posted earlier, my ex's name was Jais short for James IV which he never used. 

He is an extremely successful professional businessman, with business cards and all. His name never 'held him back' or prevented him from excelling professionally.

Just sayin'.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Like I posted earlier, my ex's name was Jais short for James IV which he never used. 

He is an extremely successful professional businessman, with business cards and all. His name never 'held him back' or prevented him from excelling professionally.

Just sayin'.
    I'm glad he was able to overcome the obstacle of having that name. Good for him!
    ...ok?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Just sayin'.
    Well he is the exception and not the rule. People with spechul spellings of names face more discrimination and issues at higher levels. Your example is an n=1.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options

Just sayin'.

I'm glad he was able to overcome the obstacle of having that name. Good for him!

...ok?

Ok. Also, if James was his full name that is what would be on job applications, diplomas, etc. so that probably helps. I have met people nicknamed Fish or Tank that have jobs...but they don't put that on their applications. So I guess I am saying what is your point?

Lol.

My intention was to give feedback to the OP.

It is my opinion. That's all ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Just sayin'.
    Well he is the exception and not the rule. People with spechul spellings of names face more discrimination and issues at higher levels. Your example is an n=1.
    To build on this, I'm sure he had James Lastname IV on his resume. Not Jais Lastname.

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Unless you saw his license or diploma you'd never know his real name. Resume, business cards.... He went by Jais.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) Jason is not an option as I have a cousin with that name. He's a first cousin so I don't like the idea having 2 Jason's. As far as Teen Mom I've seen a few episodes but made no connection to the name. Thanks again
  • Options
    Sad to say I only think about Teen Mom too. I like "Jason" with the nickname much better.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm someone with close to a nickname for my "real name" (it is the shortened version of a longer name) and I can assure you that I hate it! If I didn't have good self control it probably would have held me back in professional situations (one has to learn to master their frustrations about their names being misunderstood constantly).

Please for the love of your child name him a real name and by all means call him by his nickname. Allow him to decide if he thinks it is "cool" or not by shortening it himself when he gets older.
  • Options
    I like Jayse to me it sounds more like the name, but I have a nephew named Jace
  • Options
  • Options
    jjm8604 said:
    Wow, so many ways to spell this horrible name
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

jjm8604 said:

Wow, so many ways to spell this horrible name

My cousin spelled her sons name Jayce. I love this kid but I prefer to call him J.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Not my cup of tea, but Jace if you must. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    junesunsplash

According to the SSA, in 2013 Jace was the 66th most popular name beating out Jason which was 79.  I can see how Jace could be a nickname for Jason, but I've never really thought of it as such.  The spelling Jase is at 89. 
  • Options
    I like the name Jace, but like some others here I'd probably prefer using it as a nickname for something else. There is a character in a popular YA book (I teach high school kids :P) that goes by Jace as a nickname from his initials JC for Jonathan Christopher. Just throwing it out there, since of course it's ultimately up to you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Our Baby Yoshi is a GIRL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"