October 2014 Moms

LO sleeping in our room...sex?

Is this strange to anyone? Brooke is in our room and is a light sleeper for the first hour or so. She goes to bed at 11:00 usually and I am not a night person so I'm usually asleep within 15 minutes.

Do we risk it? I can't imagine a crying baby is going to help set the mood.
Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: LO sleeping in our room...sex?

• What's she sleeping in? Can you put her in her room or outside yours with a monitor until you're ready to bring her in? We're still using the RNP and we have left her in her room with monitor on to DTD then we bring her in our room. She's swaddled and she's out like a light, so for now, I feel like she can't harm herself bring left alone for 30 minutes when she's asleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the rock and play too but I feel like moving her would wake her up! We may try that though...
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • Wake up early and DTD in the shower!
  • To answer your first question, no I don't think it's strange.

imageimageimage
  • We generally try to do it when DS is in the RNP which is in the living room. In a few months when he is in the PNP in our room for the first few hours it gets more difficult but I have also been known to lay a blanket out on the living room floor and side nurse LO on the floor so they fall asleep thinking they're in my bed. It is easier with this many kids to make sure we're most protected in case of a wake up by one of the bigger kids.

We've never been caught DTD (it has been close though) even though the girls room doesn't have a door and ours doesn't shut completely or lock.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Move the rock n play trust me they don't wake up we so it all the time just move it slowely to the hallway being back in when done
  • Move the rock n play trust me they don't wake up we so it all the time just move it slowely to the hallway being back in when done

Agreed. We are only 5 weeks out, so not DTD yet, but we move DS in the rock and play all the time. I take it with me into the bathroom so I can watch him while I'm in the shower (this was a major life saver the first couple weeks when I was scared to leave him alone for even a second); we move it into the kitchen so I can watch him while I'm making dinner. Never makes a peep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"