October 2014 Moms
Options

Fitness tracker?

Has anyone used a fitness tracker similar to fitbit? I am considering getting ones for DH and I to motivate each other. I'm looking for any feedback/advice. What have you used, did you like it, dislike it and anything else my sleep deprived mommy brain can't think of!! Thanks ladies!!

Re: Fitness tracker?

• Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    edited November 2014
    DH and I both have Polar monitors. We just have the basic one that tracks heart rate and calories burned but I know you can get ones that have more detail and options.

This one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005M1P85O/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1417359270&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

Eta link
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One of my favorite things about it is that it will sync with most gym equipment that has a heart rate display so you don't have to stop to get a reading .
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom has the fitbit and loves it! She has lost 15 lbs

• Options
    I have the jawboneUP and it's cool because it tracks sleep too. For accurate calorie burn, you need something with a chest strap. I have a polar. But just for the novelty, I like the jawboneUP. I got it on Groupon.
  • Options
    I love my fitbit. Before I got pregnant I lost a bunch of weight using it. Having both the calories I'm eating and burning in the same place really helps me. If I indulge in something, it gets me up and moving to burn it off... Rather than me just getting discouraged I messed up my diet and then saying screw it and giving up.
  • Options
    @AmandaJean12‌ which fitbit do you have?
  • Options
    Lindzoid said:

@AmandaJean12‌ which fitbit do you have?

The flex because it's skinnier and I can change the band.
  • Options
    I have the fitbit One and love it. I've been using fitbit for about 2 years. I like that it syncs up to an app and I can see how I am doing against my friends. The model that have tracks steps and flights of stairs. My scale recently broke so I bought the aria scale from fitbit that also syncs with the app and graphs my weight (this info is private so no one sees it). I highly recommend Fitbit ;)
  • Options
    I love my FitBit One!
  • Options
    swizz09swizz09 member
    edited December 2014
    I have the fitbit flex but I have found that I have some major inaccuracies with the number of steps I take because it counts when I am rocking LO in the rocking chair. Oh well. I still like it :)

ETA auto correct.
  • Options
    swizz09 said:

I have the fitbit flex but I have found that I have some major inaccuracies with the number of steps I take because it counts when I am rocking LO in the rocking chair. Oh well. I still like it :)

ETA auto correct.

Ditto to all of the above! I've started taking mine off when I rock DS so I can see how many steps I really have.

I love my Fitbit though. I lost about 20 pounds before pregnancy with it. Now I've got about 25 to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"